Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 29

Eliza’s POV
“Bad news? What do you mean? Is Chrissy okay?” If Jane and Dante had bothered to come all the way from Italy to La Push, there must have had to be a major reason.
“Eli, we’ve come to warn you. It’s Alec, he’s found out where you’ve gone, and let’s just say, he’s not delightfully happy.”
“But how? How did he know where I went? And you didn’t answer my question about Chrissy.” I said, flabbergasted. How on earth could Alec have found out about where I was? I knew that he would defiantly figure out I was gone, he wasn’t that stupid, but how in God’s name could he have found out I went to La Push. I doubt he even knew the place existed. Except, he did come to Forks that time when most of the Volturi came to confront the Cullens, or when he came to get me the first time, so I guess he knew this general area existed. But how would he know I came here. A lucky guess? Unlikely.
“Erm… About Christina…” Dante said quietly.
“That bitch.” Jane cursed loudly. I gave her a look. Why would she call Christina, one of her best friends such a horrible name? What had she done?
“Well Eli, I don’t know if you knew this, but Christina has kind of always liked Alec… You know, in a more than friendly way.” Christina had liked Alec in a more than friendly way? In a romantic way? No, this was new.
“No. I didn’t know that.”
“Uh yeah, well she did.” Dante said.
“And I guess she loved him more than her three best friends.” Jane muttered darkly. “Eli, I hate to break it to you sweetheart, but Christina told Alec where you were, and now he’s coming with the rest of the guard, maybe even Aro, Caius, and Marcus to either bring you back by force, or kill you, and everyone else here.
“It must not have been Chrissy’s fault. I know people do crazy things for that one special person they love. Even if it means hurting everyone else they love. It’s not entirely her fault.” I said. Christina wasn’t a bad person, I couldn’t allow my own selfishness make myself believe that.
“Maybe, I guess.” Dante said.
“So anyway, we need to try and stop Alec!” Jane said. “I really don’t actually mind if we have to kill him. He’s not really an amazing twin brother. I could do with out him dragging me down.” Jane said happily. Like I said, she could be really malevolent.
“No,” I said, “If Chrissy loves him, we can’t kill him. That would kill her.” Jane let out a disappointed sigh. I wasn’t sure if I should be just a tiny bit worried that my friend was disappointed about not needing to kill her own brother.
"Yeah. You're right, Eli. We couldn't do that to Chrissy. She's our best friend, one of the fabulous four!" Dante said. I'm glad she agreed. It would be great to have some back up when it came to persuading Jane not to kill things. Let's just say it was a hobby of hers.
"Yeah," Jane started, "But look what she's done now. If she's not one of the fabulous four anymore-"
"Ha, that rhymes" Dante interupted, gaining a glare from Jane.
"Anyway," Jane began again, "Now we have to be a threesome. And that just sounds perverted." I rolled my eyes. What would Jane know about threesomes? As far ad I knew, she had never been a part of a threesome, but I guess, Jane was a lot older than I was. I had only known her a tiny fraction of her thousands of years long life.
"That would be kind of weird..." Dante laughed.
"Yeah. It would." Jane said, joining in on the laugher. I smiled, throwing my arms around my two best friends.
"Okay guys. I realise that we do have a whole weeks worth of catching up to do, but right now, we kind of have a more pressing matter to deal with." I said. Suddenly, Dante's phone rang. She quickly rummaged through her pockets, slid open her metalic red slide phone, frowned slightly when she saw the caller ID, but swiftly pressed it against her ear non the less.
"Topaz." She answered. Thanks to my sharp hearing, I could hear Topaz on the other side of the phone.
"Dante. I have news." Dante nodded slowly to herself before replying.
"Okay. I want to hear all the details, and when I say all, I mean all of them."
"Sure. So, by the looks of it, Alec doesn't seem to be trying to find Eliza because he wants her back, since he's kind if had his hands all over Christina the last week or so. It looks to me, as if he's going with the other option, to try and kill Eliza. He met with Aro today, I couldn't get too close to them, in gear if being caught, but of what I did hear, I'm pretty sure the whole Volturi will be coming, and in about two days. In fact, they're leaving right now." Topaz said worridly.
Just as Dante was about to say something, she was cut off by Topaz's screaming.
"You stupid receptionist!" We heard, Felix, I think, shout. "Trying to betray the Volturi to those filthy traitors! You were never any good anyway. We were never going to turn you into a vampire. I guess the only thing you'll ever be good for is a snack." Felix's voice rang out, followed by more screaming.
Suddenly the scream was cut off, and Dante hung up the phone, a pained look upon her marbel face.
"I couldn't take anymore of it." She whispered, sorrowfully. She ducked her head, looking as if she was sobbing. Paul went up closet to her and wrapped his warm arms around her, holding her close, patting her hair, and soothing her, while Dante sobbed gently into his chest.
I looked around the room. Everyone appeared to be frozen. I walked over to Seth and grabbed his hand. He squeezed back reasuringly. I looked over at Jacob.
"Call the Cullens. Tell them to come as fast as they can." He nodded, running to the phone.
I sighed quietly. "We've got a battle to plan."