Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 6

Chapter 6
"Eliza, it's the third time this week. It can't go on!" Edward moaned. It had been a week since I had arrived at the Cullen's house. I had stayed here although I visited my friends in La Push everyday. They seemed to like me more than the other vampires, I wonder why? But right now, I had more pressing issues to deal with. The problem was that when I changed, I was only 15 and a half. So for the last 100 odd years, humans had always presumed I was that age. Now I was in Forks where it was compolsurary to attend school until you were 17, people were noicing I wasn't at school. It was a pain.
"Eliza, I know you probably don't want to do this, but I think it's best you start going to school." I knew it was going to come to this.
"But Edward, I haven't been to school since 1917. I won't know anyone or how things are done nowadays." I pouted.
"Hey! I have an idea. Why don't you come to La Push high instead of Forks high. The rest of the pack except for Sam and Leah will be there too, so you'll know people and we'll help you get used to the 21st centuary." Seth was an absolute genius. It was times like this that I realized how much I really liked him. Over the week, I had gotten to become very close to Seth. He was the most amazing person I had ever met, the whole school idea sounded better now that there was the potential chance of spending the whole day with him. Edward rolled his eyes. Oops. I had forgoten for a second that I needed to control my thoughts.
"Do you think the elders would allow her to do that?" Edward asked.
"Of course! She's my im- , uh, friend and also a friend of the entire pack. They let her come over to the reservation all the time, so they can let her go to school there." I was so thrilled, although I felt that he was trying to hide something from me so I gave him a huge hug.
"Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!" I gushed. I had never really been this close to him before, and I must say, I rather liked it. I was just getting comfortable when Edward coughed. I glared at him.
"Well in that case, I think perhaps I should go enroll you now. Is that ok Seth?" I was allowed to go to La Push whenever I wanted but none of the other vampires were allowed to with the small exception of Nessie and occasionally Bella. Then a thought struck me. I would be spending day after day after day with Seth. Suddenly I couldn't wait for school to start.

Seths POV
It was Monday and I was meeting Eliza at school so I made an extra effort to be at school on time.
"Come on Leah!" She was dropping me at school because I didn't have a car yet.
"Ugh! I'm coming. I still don't understand why you have to get there so early. I mean, I know your imprints going to be there, but you don't have to spend every waking moment with her." Leah complained although I knew it was just an act. Leah and Eliza had gotten really close. Somehow, Eliza didn't seem to mind Leah's company and somehow, Leah wasn't being as horrible to Eliza as she was to everyone else. I guess she liked Eliza as much as the rest of the pack did, but that wasn't hard, I mean, she was perfect in every imaginable way. Leah hopped in to her car and 5 minutes later we arrived at the school.
"Bye Leah!"
"See ya Seth!" and she drove off. I couldn't smell Eliza anywhere so I guessed she hadn't arrived yet. I stood in the carpark, waiting. After a short while that felt like months to me, a flashy car sped into the lot. I would guess that was Eliza, no one else would have such an expensive car and speed in such a way that only vampires dare to.
"Eliza!" I greeted her as she got out of her car.
"Hey Seth!" I still got excited when she said my name.
"You ready for school?"
"Seth, of course I'm ready for school. I'm the 116 year old vampire, Eliza Masen. I laughed, the way she said it so matter-of-factly was just so comical.
"Hey Hot-Stuff" it was my worst nightmare, Haydn. He was the school womanizer, popular, jock guy. And he was hitting on MY imprint.
"Are you talking to me?" Eliza asked.
"Yeah Gorgous. I'm Haydn but everyone calls me Jet."
"It's a pleasure to meet you Jet. My name is Eliza Masen" she stuck out her hand as if to shake his but he knelt down and kissed the back of her hand.
"The pleasure is all mine Eliza. Your hands are cold, would you like me to hold them and warm them up?" I was shaking with anger. How dare he!
"That will not be necessary Haydn." I said trying to keep my cool.
"Oh hello Clearwater. You can run off to class now. Let Eliza and I have a little chat for grown ups." that was it. I grabbed the front of his shirt and pinned him to the wall just as Eliza said frostily:
"Seth and I are the same age." But I don't think he really heard because I was busy growling at him.
"Seth, calm down, you don't want to blow your cover." She said so quietly that no human could have heard as she placed a frozen hand on my shoulder. That was all I needed. Her touch still gave me goosebumps. I glared at Haydn and stalked off then stopped, waiting for Eliza. She was frowning.
"Of all the nerve, he implied that I was old! Can you imagine? Seth, how do I look, I don't look old, do I?" She said in a panic. It was the first time that I had noticed what she was wearing and she looked stunning. She was in a pale grey, three quarter sleeve, sweater, black skinny jeans, and black flats. On her wrist, she had a silver charm braclete with two golden charms, a hot air balloon, a green apple and plenty of silver charms. On her neck, she had a simple gold, heart shaped locket. Her golden hair was tied in a messy bun. She looked amazing, no wonder all the kids at school were staring at her.
"You look beautiful." I told her truthfully. Using two of my fingers to turn her frown upside down.
"Aww thanks Seth." She smiled on her own accord now and leant over to peck me on the cheeck. She took my hand and led me to the front office. I was still shell-shocked. Eliza kissed me!!! Even though it was in a friendly, platonic way, it still made my heart beat with new ferocity. Somehow, she knew where to go and when we entered, the secretary gaped. I guessed she had never seen someone quite as good looking as Eliza either.
"Good morning Ms. er, O'Reilly. My name is Eliza Masen, I am new here." Eliza looked at me questioningly. She obviously had no clue as to what to do next so I stepped in.
"She's after her locker number and schedual." Eliza looked at me gratefully.
"Sure." Ms. O'Reilly said as she handed Eliza some papers. "Have a nice day, dear."
"You too!" Eliza sang as she skipped out of the office with me trailing behind her.
"So, what have you got first?" I was curious. I wanted to have the whole day with her.
" Erm, History, then Maths, then Gym, then lunch, then English, then Physics, then Music."
"Damn. You only have Maths, English and Physics and Lunch with me. But Quil's in your History and Maths so he'll guide you through your morning." I was disappointed. Only 3 classes with her.
"Oh. I'm sure that's for the better. I mean, you might not get too much work done when we're in the same class." Damn right. All I could think about was her.
"Err... I mean, we'll probably talk so much... Not that I would be distracting you or anything." She mumbled. I swear if she was human, she would be blushing. She quickly looked down at het timetable.
"Hey Eliza! Is that flash car parked in the yard yours?" The rest of the pack were walking towards us.
"Hi guys! And yes Jacob, the black Pagani Zonda C12-S is my car. I had some friends ship it over from Italy for me. You like it?" I think Jacob did like it, I mean, he was practically drooling.
"Hey! Have you got your schedual yet?" Quil ask.
"Yep! I have history and maths with you." and soon they were all comparing their scheduals with her. When the bell rang, Eliza turned to me.
"I'll see you in Maths, Seth." And once again, she leant in and brushed my blushing cheeck with her lips. Then she turned and left arm in arm with Quil for history. I just stood there staring after her, bringing my hand up, just to touch the place that Eliza had kissed me with her cold lips. They were frozen, but I still felt a burning after they left the side of my face...
"Seth! Seth? You there? Hey Romeo! We gotta get to gym!" It was Embry. Did he have any idea how annoying he was? I looked up at a clock on the wall, only 54 minutes until I would see her again.
"Dude, please don't tell me your counting down the minutes until you see her again already. I think I liked you better when you were imprintless. Now who's gonna hang with me when the rest of the pack are cuddling up to their imprints? Leah? You gotta be joking." I rolled my eyes and dragged Embry off to gym.

I imagined myself being as close to Eliza as Embry pictured. The only exposure to that kind of relationship I had had was seeing the rest of the pack with their imprints and Holywood movies. Just thinking about it, the rest of the packs emotions seemed tame and imature compared to what I was going through.
53 minutes until I can see her.