Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Seth's POV

The weeks passed and they were the best weeks of my life. I knew what made them special, and I wasn't afraid to admit it. Eliza was the most amazing person I had ever met. We were growing closer, Eliza and I. I suppose if you saw us from the outside, we would look like a couple, and in a sense, that was true, but it was strictly platonic. I felt that maybe it was time to tell her. I knew she knew that she was my imprint, but she obviously doesn't know what that is, yet.
"Hey Seth!" Eliza walked towards me at the end of school. She had just come from Music. I had heard she was really good. I had heard she was really good from Quil and Paul, and going by their memories, they were right. She put Edward to shame, that one song she played alot was really good, threre was so much emotion and feeling behind it. I wondered what inspired her? Eliza grabbed my hand, pulling me towards her car. She had been picking me up and dropping me home form school so Leah could go straight to work in the mornings. I loved all the extra minutes with her.
"Er. Eliza?" I asked as I stepped into her beautiful car.
"Yes Seth?" She started the engine and began driving out of the school. I was silent for a moment.
"Erm... Do you want to maybe possibly want to come to one of the bonfires with me?" we were outside my house by this stage.
"Sure!. When do you want me to come?"
"Tomorrow night, if that's okay?"
"Sure is! See you tomorrow night Seth!" With that she leant over, pecked my cheeck, watched me stumble out of the car and drove away.
Now I just had to tell her I loved her.

*Later*
Eliza was meeting me at the bonfire. I had been pacing around for at least an hour, driving Leah insane.
"Look Seth, we'll leave for the bonfire in a minute. I know your worried about what Eliza might think about the imprint, and I know she knows she's your imprint, but doesn't know what that means. The point remains that, even if she doesn't like it, she loves you and she'll find out eventually anyway."
"Thanks Leah. Great confidence boost there." I said sarcasticly. I really did hope that Eliza would be okay with the whole imprint thing. Everyone elses imprints were okay with it when they first found out, they loved it. But Eliza was different. Good different, don't get me wrong. She was independant and a bit feminist, but still caring, charming and witty. And she was a vampire. I didn't have a problem with it, but she might have a problem with it. I was beyond worried. We had an excellent friendship and I didn't want to ruin that by letting her know what an imprint was.
"Seth! Time to go!" Leah called and I hurridly but hesitantly got into her car.

I was quiet all through the short ride, listening to the CD playing in Leah's car. I slowly got out of the car to be pushed back against the door by a pair of stone cold arms wrapping themselves around my neck.
"Seth!" Eliza greeted me. At least she was happy to see me.
"Hey El!" I said, hugging her back.
"Missed you heaps" She mummbled into my chest. I held her gently in my arms. I was really starting to get comfortable when Brady had to interupt.
"Hey! Lovebirds! The stories are starting." Leah hit him across the back of his head and I growled. Eliza just chuckled and grabbed my hand, leading me to a log around the fire and sat, dragging me down next to her.
Billy began all the stories, but I have to say, I wasn't paying attention like I normally did, I was just watching Eliza and her reactions. After a while, I realized Billy was talking about imprints judging by the groans from Leah. I heard a crack, and saw that there was a split in the log that Eliza was sitting on, her expresion unreadable. I was worried again. As soon as Billy stopped speaking, I turned to see that Eliza was gone, but I could still smell her so I followed her trail.

Eliza's POV
I couldn't believe it. I was stupid enough to believe that Seth and the rest of the pack actully liked me for who I was. I was crouched on the edge of a cliff, my knees brought up next to my chest. There was a wind blowing around me that was not blowing anywhere else, that made my blond hair fly in different directions, and the black bubble dress I had carefully dressed myself in earlier was moving with the wind. I had made extra care to make myself look beautiful, tonight was the night I would have told Seth I loved him. But now I knew that it was just an illusion.
"Eliza?" I quickly stood up, it wouldn't do for Seth to see me weak.
"What do you want, Seth." He shied away, it must have been the murderous look in my eyes.
"I just wanted to explain about the-"
"The imprint?" I cut him off. "No need to expain, Seth. I know. I'm a vampire and you and the pack are werewolves. You hate vampires, and I'm no exception. I led myself to believe that you guys liked me for who I was, even though I was a different species to you. And you Seth, tonight I came to tell you I loved you, but I now know that you only ever liked, maybe even loved, me because your ansestors told you to. If you hadn't imprinted on me, you would have let Sam rip me up that first time we met, probably enjoying shredding up, a what do you guys call us, leach." With that, I sent a huge wind in his direction, pushing him back to the bonfire. I ran, as fast as I could back to the Cullen's house, straight into Edwards arms.
"Shhh, Eli" The nickname sent me sobbing harder, Seth had called me that name.
I don't know how long I sobbed, imaginary tears creating imaginary wet patches on Edwards shirt, but what I wasn't imagining was that I wouldn't be the same again for a very, very long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... A bit of drama in this chapter :) I would like to take the time to dedicate this chapter to catie124111 and the two people who suscribed to this story :)
thanks again!