Sequel: A Truth Untold
Status: Active

Look at Me Through Those Golden Eyes

Chapter 9

Seth's POV
I returned to the bonfire unwillingly. If I had had a choice I would have gone and found the tallest cliff, jumped off it and never come back up, but Eliza's wind was just too powerful.
Eliza. Eliza had loved me. She had even said so herself, but now she hated me. She thought I had toyed with her emotions because the imprint forced me to love her. But that wasn't true. Imprints just told us who we would fall for because us werewolves were simply too lazy to do it ourselves, or it could be that we make bad decisions... I mean look at Jacob's love life story. All that ordeal with Bella. That was nothing like Eliza and myself. What we had had was real. I knew telling her about the imprint was a bad idea. I sat on a log, trying to make myself invisible and wallow in my own misery. No such luck.
"Seth? What's wrong?" It was Alex, Collin's imprint. We had been good friends before I shifted, I guessed she still liked me enough to come and talk to me and sort out my problems.
"Oh. It's uh nothing."
"It's Eliza isn't it." Wow. I had really underestimated this 'woman's intuition' thing I'd heard of.
"She doesn't love me."
"Of course she does Seth! Who wouldn't love you? Huh? Eliza is head over heals for you. Trust me. I've seen her staring. I think she's just scared of getting hurt. That's probably why she told you she doesn't love you." I just remembered why Alex had been one of my best friends. She could see right through to the problem and solve it. But she didn't know about the imprint or werewolves or vampires so her advice may have been slightly off this time.
"Alex?" It was Collin calling Alex from behind the fire. He was going to tell her about werewolves and imprints today. Hopefully his imprint would take it beter than mine had. I'm sure she would. But before Alex could move to Collin, there was a comotion.
"Hey! Alex!" We turned our heads to see that bastard Jet walking drunkly towards us with a bunch of the school jocks.
"What do you want Hayden?" No one really called Jet that. Alex must have been really angry to see him.
"Same as I always do Ally."
"Dont call me that!" Alex was fuming. She looked like she was going to hit him. I intervined before she could hurt herself. Jet was alot taller than she was.
"Leave." I stood up and growled.
"Got yourself a new girlfriend huh, Clearwater? What happened to the gorgeous Eliza? Hmmm. Maybe she'll let me take her out now." He was talking about Eliza. My Eliza. I was suddenly so angry. I was shaking and at risk of phasing.
"Alex!" Collin ran up and grabbed her, dragging her away from me.
"Seth! Stop!" Sam and Leah both shouted at the same time. Great. Now that the alpha had ordered me to stop, I really couldn't hit him. They both ran up and grabbed one of my arms. Leah looked at Jet and I saw the adoration there.
My sister had imprinted on a player.
Double great.
"Too scared to hit me Sethy?" Jet taunted. "I think I will leave now. I'll go and check on Eliza shall I? She probably needs some comforting and friendlyness after having to put up with you for so long." That was it. I brought back my fist and swung, aiming for that pathetic loser's head. But Leah, having imprinted on him, wouldn't allow that. She grabbed my fist just as it was about to make contact and break his pretty boy face. It was lucky she had werewolf strength, I would have broken half the bones in her arms without it.
I was disgusted in myself. I had almost hurt my own sister. I turned and ran. As soon as I was deep in the forest, I shifted, and kept running.

Eventually, after who knows how long, I found myself running back home.

Eliza's POV
I missed Seth. Surely he missed me too. I was sure he missed me, but that was one of the troubles plauging my mind. He only missed me because of the imprint, because his ancestors told him to love me, not because he actually did. I was a vampire for crying out loud. I looked down at my delicate, stone, cold hands and hated their hardness. Never before had I regretted becoming a vampire. Unlike the Cullens, I didn't mind. I liked the speed, the brains, the looks. I could barely remember my human life and you couldn't miss what you couldn't remember. I remembered Edward and I didn't miss him any more. I had him back now.
Just thinking of being human made me long for it. If I had been a human, I probably wouldn't have had a problem with the imprint because werewolves dont have problems with humans. They protect them. I was a vampire. He was a werewolf. We were supposed to hate each. We were complete different species! I remembered the look Sam and the pack had had on their faces when they first saw me in La Push. Hatred for my kind. Longing to rip me to shreds. And they would have killed me if it wasn't for the imprint. If Seth and I were destined to be together, why were we so different? It's like a cat falling in love with a dog. Impossible. Yet so real. I loved Seth, not because of the imprint, but because he was the sweetest, most decent person I had ever met. I regretted getting angry about the imprint but it was necessary. It saved me from alot of heartbreak.
I loved Seth, he loved me.
If only it was that simple.