Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

We Were Nothing Then, But We're Something Now

Image

The windows were down as I cruised along Sunset Boulevard in my Lamborghini on my way to the Playboy Mansion; the warm haze of the city blowing through my hair as the sound of Jyrki69's voice of The 69 Eyes floated through the speakers filling the passing air around me.

Out of my peripheral vision I glanced at the poster fluttering around on the passenger seat, a poster that stated in bold bubble letters, that I along with two of my girls, would be hosting a celebrity party in Las Vegas at a well known club. Over the years the press had dubbed it the Black Party, where your attire was obviously suppose to consist solely of black. My favorite dress color, it complimented almost anyone.

A flicker of light mounted on the dash caught my eye as the screen of my blackberry lit up. I glanced over at it just long enough to see that Kendra was calling me. Of Hugh Hefner's three girlfriends, Kendra and I got along the best. Holly and I butted heads more than anything, and Bridget always seemed too shy to even try to approach.

I exited Sunset Boulevard and headed into Hombly Hills for the Playboy Mansion. At the gate I issued the password through the speaker in a large rock and was immediately let in. Once I had the car parked in the mass of vehicles I stepped out and fixed my dress which for the first time in my life was actually a designer label.

If there was ever a day to be absolutely perfect, this was it for me so far. Today was my day. After being June's calendar Playmate, I was now being awarded Playmate of the Year.

I gripped my envelope clutch tightly in my left hand as I navigated my way along the stone pathway in heels, praying to any god above to not trip and fall on my ass, or worse, my face. That would be absolutely humiliating because you were never truly alone on this piece of property, even if it seemed you were. There were always people watching you, sometimes you could see them, other times you couldn't. Right now, there was a security guard a good twenty feet behind me making sure I made it to my own party in one piece.

They yard near the pool and grotto was decorated beautifully. Silk tents hung low over neatly arranged chairs. The green grass had just been mowed so it looked nothing but perfect. A microphone and podium had been set up at the front of the chairs, and beyond that, were elegantly covered and decorated tables no doubt assembled for a quick lunch and some champagne to celebrate.

People began to notice I was indeed in attendance and they began flocking towards me. For someone who liked to be the center of attention, this was all still pretty new to me. I greeted well dressed men and women all ranging from around my age of twenty three to people who neared Hefner's age.

Somewhere in the chaos of media and fellow models and acquaintances, Hugh's ladies noticed me and Kendra's arms were now wrapped around me in a friendly hug.

"Bailey Jenson, don't you look absolutely scrumptious," she admired my outfit with a wink and stepped back with a genuine smile. I thanked her and took in her own appearance quickly, she was down right stunning as usual. Her eye make-up was a light smoky color, her blond hair was done up neatly into a bun at the nape of her neck and she wore a little black silky dress that hung mid-thigh on her toned legs. I'll admit, I was super jealous.

"I'm not the only one who looks down right edible," I smiled at all three of them. Holly's bleach blonde hair had been straightened and left down and she donned a floor length blue dress with a small train, while Bridget stood shyly to my right, her blonde hair had been curled and left down, and she wore a very pretty pink dress that suited her to a tee.

"So are you excited?" Bridget asked me as we began walking towards Hugh, who was in deep conversation with some obvious press figures, their camera's hanging around their necks as they engaged the man in a conversation that had him laughing.

I nodded despite the butterflies in my stomach. "I am, but definitely nervous as well." Hell, it wasn't very often someone random chick was approached by a scout in the middle of the street, and shit like that never happened to me. At least not until a year ago anyway.

Kendra looped her arm in mine somehow hoping that our skin on skin contact would help soothe my nerves. "Don't worry doll. You look amazing, you are amazing, and when you leave here today, you'll officially be Playmate of the Year."

The rest of the party went by in a relative blur for me. Before I knew it the sun had nearly disappeared from the sky, it'd dropped a couple degrees in temperature, and I was now being escorted back to my car.

"Thanks, John."

John, who'd been employed at the mansion for many years smiled and waved slightly. "You're welcome, Bailey. You have a good night and drive safe."

"Always," I climbed into my car and closed the door. Once inside, I untied my heels and tossed them onto the floor of the passenger seat and took a moment to wiggle my toes and relax my feet. I decided then and there that making prisoners wear heels all day would surely be an effective torture technique.

After a moment of quiet I waved to John again before doing up my seatbelt and heading down the lane way. I left the mansion and headed straight for home. Since starting to work for Playboy, I'd combined that income with what I'd saved up from previous lesser known campaigns and was able to buy a condo in the hills not too terribly far away. I loved it. It was definitely a relaxing home for me. Unfortunately relaxing wouldn't be something I could do when I got home either. I had a handful of phone calls to make to ensure that everything was set for tomorrow night or I'd definitely look like an idiot.

***


"Vengeance," Brian Haner Jr., known to the rest of the world as Synyster Gates had his face a near inch from my own, his breath brushing across my lips as he shook my shoulder. "Dude, you can't go to sleep now, we're going out."

I cracked my eyes open and took a deep breath, smelling the alcohol and cigarettes on his breath. Great, now I needed a cigarette.

"I'm awake," I mumbled, pushing him away, hoping the craving for nicotine would subside once he was far enough away, but I doubted it. Syn, Shadows, Christ, and Rev had started partying hours ago, and despite the attraction, I was tired as hell.

We'd left Huntington Beach hours ago on barely any sleep and now we were arriving in Las Vegas. Somehow our manager, Larry, had managed to land us on the bill on the last few stops of the Cradle Of Filth and The 69 Eyes' American tour after they had a band drop out. The first show for us was scheduled for the night after tomorrow. But being the guys that we are, we'd decided to hit Vegas two days early.

"Then get up," he patted my upper arm before walking away. I ran my hand over my face, careful not to mess up my make-up. I'd had every intention of getting absolutely shit faced tonight when I'd left Huntington, but now, all I wanted to do was crawl into my bunk.

"Let's go buddy," Rev flopped down onto the couch beside me, beer in hand, "get your ass up. There isn't a moment to spare when you're in Sin City."

I'd have to agree with him. Vegas never held a dull moment, it could honestly keep anyone entertained for hours. No matter day or night. There was a reason they called it the city that never sleeps.

"So what's the agenda?" Johnny spoke for the first time since I'd dozed off. He was standing up, leaning against the counter holding a bottle of beer tightly in one hand, "a strip club, or casino?"

Matt glanced up at the clock causing me to follow his gaze. It was almost midnight.

"Why don't we do both?" he suggested.

The other guys agreed immediately so there was no point in me even trying to protest. The decision had been made. Now it was up to me to be ready once the bus stopped.

I pushed myself up out of the corner of the couch and headed back to the bunk area, leaving the guys near the front of the bus. I dug into my bag in search of my cologne and toothbrush and toothpaste. You could never be too prepared.

A few minutes later, my teeth brushed, hair fixed, and cologne spritzed, I returned my stuff to my bag and gripped onto the edge of Syn's bunk as the bus slowed down and turned. I assumed we'd stopped at the 'meeting' spot we'd set up with the other bands.

I was right. We barely had the bus in park before we were out in the black of night, well as dark as it could get in the city, in some random parking lot meeting up with the boys from Cradle of Filth and The 69 Eyes.

A quick conversation between Matt and Dani Filth ensued and soon we were all walking down a brightly lit sidewalk on the way to a strip club we frequently attended while in town. The way people dodged us and avoided meeting us eye to eye amused me. Usually we didn't get as many looks, but The Cradle of Filth boys were all decked out in their typical gothic wear, while the 69 Eyes crew looked like hard core rockers, which was cool to me, but apparently a little sketchy to others.
People were fucking amazing at judging by looks alone.

"Have you ever been here before?" Jussi Vuori asked me with his thick Finnish accent as he fell in step beside me.

I glanced over at the 69 Eyes drummer and smiled. "Like to Vegas? Or to the club that we're going to?"

"The club," Jussi corrected himself.

"Yeah," I nodded and stuck my hands into my jeans pockets as we walked behind Matt and Jyrki. "It's always a good party crowd, and they have some of the hottest dancers," I assured him.

Even the large group that we were, we moved quickly along the sidewalk, passing club after club. I was gawking at girls, minding my own business when we passed a club I'd never been in before. But that wasn't what initially caught my eye, and it wasn't the scantly clad girls waiting in line to get in either. It was the picture on the electronic advertisement board. I stopped in my tracks causing Johnny to basically walk into me from behind.

"Zack, what the hell?" he half laughed before glancing where I was looking, looking for the reason I'd stopped so suddenly.

Out of the corner of my eye I watched the rest of the guys stop one by one once they realised that Johnny and I had.

"What's up?" Matt asked me as he approached my left side.

I gestured towards the advertisement board with my head. It was currently flashing different things, but I was getting the just of it.

There was a celebrity hosted party there tomorrow night. The Black Party actually, as if that meant anything to me. Anyone who was of age and within the first fifty people to show up was going to get in to mingle with the stars.

But even that hadn't intrigued me as much as the face attached to the smoking body on the main advertisement. An advertisement that was on the board now along with two other girls in the background. They were the ones hosting the party.

"No fucking way," Rev beat me to the punch, "dude, that's Bailey."

He wasn't wrong.

It was Bailey. Bailey Jenson to be exact. The girl who'd stolen my heart in junior high, then absolutely fucking smashed it to a bazillion pieces in high school. Though she called it quits in junior year, it wasn't until after high school that I completely lost track of her, and it hadn't phased me a fucking bit. After the drama queen, holier than thou bullshit she pulled, I hadn't wanted anything to do with her, even by association. I figured she'd end up married to some old rich guy, just patiently waiting for him to croak. Apparently I wasn't far off if she was in Hugh Hefner's crowd.

"June's playmate?" Syn read aloud.

"Fuck," Rev laughed, "that was the one issue I missed."

We'd all obviously missed it.

"You know her?" Dani asked me.

I nodded.

"You know what," Rev began to speak again, the grin on his face gave away his over active mind, "we should go to this tomorrow night."

"Fuck, wouldn't she be shocked to see you again?" Matt grinned and slapped me on the back.

I nodded despite my internal reservations. She'd either be genuinely shocked, or not give a flying fuck at all.

History pointed to the latter.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you could take a moment and let me know what you think it'd be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for reading in the first place!