Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

If I Could Make It Through This...

Image

"So she's coming with us?" Meg asked again to make sure she heard right as she placed one of the baskets full of food into the back of Matt's black SUV.

"Yeah babe," Rev repeated again. He wasn't entirely sure why Zacky insisted on wanting to spend time with Bailey, but if the dude was happy, he was happy.

Today, they'd decided to hit up the beach to spend some time in the sun, enjoy some good food, and even better company. Or, at least he hoped the company would be good.

"I just can't understand why she wants to work her way back into our group," Cristina leaned up against the side of the vehicle, her arms crossed over her chest as she thought to herself intent on answering her own question.

"She wants back in because the guys are famous. And Zacky has money," Emily tossed a couple beach towels into the back of the SUV as well before turning to her friends, "I just wished the guys could get through to him."

"Maybe we don't wanna get through to him," Johnny appeared and stuffed some folded up lawn chairs into the back wherever there happened to be room, "this is the side of Zacky that's been missing for a while. The one who's just happy to wake up everyday and want to actually go out and do something."

"He's always like that," Mara protested.

Johnny shook his head in disagreement, "no, ever since Teri, he's been a mess. He just hides it well."

"I swear, if I ever get my hands on that bitch," Meg suddenly perked up, "I'll beat her ass."

"We all will," Ashleigh spoke for the first time. She was standing off to the side, sipping her cold coffee drink through a straw while Syn stood behind her with his arms around her waist.

"Let's just make this a good day," he muttered before kissing the top of Ashleigh's head and releasing her.

"Yes a good day," Morgan and Jason Berry joined the group, "and you can't have a good day without this," she smiled and gestured to the full bags Jason was carrying.

"Ahhh, the alcohol has arrived," Rev grinned and tried to sneak a peek into the bags as Jason walked by him.

Jason laughed and he skittered around his friend, "get the fuck out dude."

I sighed and dipped my hands into the front pockets of my jeans. That was the thing about good hearing. Sometimes you didn't want it. Sometimes, you don't wanna hear what your friends say about you while you're gone.

However, while I didn't like how they continued to keep their lost faith in Bailey, I was amazed that they'd really noticed the impact that Teri had left on my life. She was a piece of work. Hell, she is a piece of work. Even after our relationship was 'over', she still managed to get me into her bed at least once a month. I was her go to guy while she was between boyfriends, and quite honestly it kept me satisfied. But what my friends didn't know, was that I hadn't accepted one of her calls since Bailey walked into my life.

"Zack?" Rev locked eyes with me causing everyone to stop talking and look where he was looking, "how long have you been here?"

I shrugged and began walking towards them, "a few minutes. What have you got packed for us Meg?" I glanced up at Rev's longtime girlfriend and offered her a soft smile.

She smiled back and patted one of the baskets with food, "yummy stuff Vengeance, I promise." She stepped aside and closed the back of she SUV. "I thought Bailey was coming?"

I smiled softly. Today is Sunday.

Beach Day. A day that we normally spend just going down town and bar hopping. But today we were actually going to the beach first.

Bailey has been spending alot of time in Huntington. Away from her pad, her fans, the paparazzi, and just enjoying the time away from everything that her job entailed. It was nice to see this side of her. And what was even better, was that she was growing on the guys as well. It was no longer 'hey Baker, come over tonight'. Now it was 'hey Baker, what are you and Bailey up to tonight?'

I was enjoying it. Probably much more than I should, and the girls in my life didn't share the same enthousiasm either that was for damn sure.

"She is coming," I answered as I crossed my arms over my chest. "She said she'd meet us there."

"She knows where to go?" Ashleigh asked cautiously as she linked her arm into my own.

I nodded. I'd told her we'd be by the pier. And she knew exactly where that was. I just hoped that she'd make it here sooner rather than later.

* * *

"Seriously. You're spending so much time down there, tell me honestly that you're not fucking him?"

I rolled my eyes at Terra and held up another bikini in my hands. She turned it down to.

"What happened to the one you wore when we were testing for Playboy? You looked hot in that one."

Ahh yes. The testing period. Each girl vying for a spot in Playboy lives at the mansion for an approximate two week period where they basically build a portfolio of pictures for Hugh to look at. Even at his stage in the game, he's still the one who personally chooses every girl that will bare the bunny logo in any way shape or form.

And I had hated it. But I needed the money that would come with the job. After my stint in Oakland with the creep I'd called my boyfriend, I'd realized that he'd stolen every penny I owned. Drained every drop from my bank accounts, and maxed out every one of my credit cards. To this day I still wasn't sure how he'd pulled it off, but he had.

It was the first time in my life that I'd been used. And I intended it to be my last. But through all of it, I'd learned a valuable lesson. I'd learned just how Zack had felt. And it was on that very day that I went crawling back to family in LA that I swore I was going to be a changed person. And I hoped to show that to Zack without actually telling him the whole story.

"Or this one. I like this one." Terra held up a white bikini that was in fact joined by a couple of small diamond like chains.

"I like that one too." I smiled and took it from her.

"So what's this Vengeance guy like?" Terra settled onto my bed and chatted to me while I changed in my walk in closet. "I mean I know he's hot and everything, but why's he different from any other guy we've hung out with?"

She had me there. "It's got to be our history." I replied with a smile as I tied up my top. "I mean I've known Zacky, since forever, and I just know that he's like every girl's dream guy. He's always been that way. I was just too stupid to realize it the first time around."

"Well you should definately let me get to know this guy better. Let me make sure he's right for you," she smiled at me as I stepped out of my closet and spun around for her, letting her get a good look.

"Looks hot," she climbed off my bed and reached for her purse off the cement step. "Now you need to get going. Or this perfect boy is going to dump your ass."

*************************************************************************************

I made the drive from my house in LA to Huntington Beach pier in record time. I parked my vehicle in the small parking lot off set from the highway and checked my apearance before stepping out of my car and double checking my skirt and button up top. Satisfied, I tossed my keys in my purse and slung it over my shoulder before hitting the lock button, closing the door and heading into the sand with my sandals in hand.

I walked quickly because it was hot, burning my barefeet as I moved through it towards the group of people I'd come to know better over the past couple of weeks. I still wasn't entirely welcome, but I was working on it.

"Bailey!" Johnny, being the first to noticed me, called me out.

I brushed my bleached hair back out of my sunglasses and waved at him. "Hi Johnny."

The group seemed to stop everything they were doing and stare. It felt so awkward to feel insecure around them. I mean hell, I'd bared all to the world. Yet I had trouble hanging out with friends.

"You made it," Zack perked up and got up from the sand. He was in a pair of skull board shorts and a black sleeveless Vengeance University Tee. His pretty eyes were shielded by the shade of his cap, and his black hair poked out from underneath it, vying to be free from it's restraints.

"Yeah," I smiled at him. "Sorry I'm late."

"Don't worry about it," he gestured towards the group. "We've only been here for a little bit ourselves."

"Hey guys," I smiled weakly, since none of them had spoke since I showed up.

"Hey," Matt broke the silence. "Glad you could make it."

"Thanks." I whispered weakly.

God this was terrible. If I could get through this. I was sure I could get through anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading