Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

That's What Friends Are For

Image

I climbed out of my car and grabbed a few looks from Zacky's neighbors. I was seriously reconsidering trading in the lambo for something a little less conspicuous, but, it was my favorite car. I'd dreamed of having one since I was a kid.

I closed the drivers door and ran my fingers back through my straight blonde hair as I rounded the front of the car. I waved innocently at one lady standing out on her lawn watching over her children and she waved back awkwardly. I hitched my purse further up my shoulder and began up the walkway to Zack's house.

I'd spent all night trying to figure out how to say sorry to him. I hated breaking promises. Weird I know, considering my motto use to be 'promises are made to be broken'. I tugged my black tank top down so it reached the top of my faded ripped jeans before knocking on Zacky's front door. I waited a moment and was about to knock again when the door swung open. Zacky was standing there in a pair of boxer briefs. He looked hung over, tired, and irritated.

"I'm sorry if I got you out of bed," I appologised quickly and slid my sunglasses up to the top of my head so I could look him in the eyes.

"Wha- what are you doing here?" he stepped out onto his step with me, running his fingers through his messy black hair before pulling the front door shut a little ways behind him.

I stepped back and gave him some more room. "I came to appologise for not making it to Johnny's Bar last night. My manager wouldn't let me go because Hugh wanted to have dinner, and I tried to call, and..."

I stopped talking when the front door opened up behind him. I can't even explain the feeling that washed over me as my eyes locked on a pair of sparkly blue ones.

"Hey," she grinned at me and brushed her black bangs out of her face and slid her purse strap further onto her shoulder. "What are you going here?"

I glanced at Zack helplessly then back up at her. "Umm, nothing. Sorry Zack." I grabbed onto my sunglasses and slid them down to cover my eyes before turning around and heading back down the walkway towards my car.

"Bailey!" Zack was calling after me, but since he was scantly dressed I didn't expect him to follow.

I jumped into the car, turned the ignition over and drove away before I even had my seatbelt done up. When I came to a stop at the nearest intersection I rested my forearms on the steering wheel and took a deep breath.

Zacky Vengeance fucked my best friend.

***

I couldn't even begin to fathom how bad I'd fucked up.

I glanced beside me at Terra who was smoothing her hands down the front of her black dress. "I really didn't think she'd react like that." She stated matter of factly and looked up at me with a smile. I was beginning to wonder if she'd been planning this for some time.

"I have to go find her." I tossed my previous thought aside and stepped back into my house, rubbing my barefeet on the rug before wandering down the hall to my room. Not really caring that Terra had followed me back into the house.

"Come on Zack," she stopped herself and sighed. I was afraid to think that she was almost alright with what we'd done to Bailey. "Alright, well I have to get to work. I have a photo shoot in a few hours. So thank you for last night, and I'll probably be bumping into you sooner rather than later."

I didn't even get to protest before she had left my room and presumabely let herself out of my house. I grabbed a pair of black pants with the cuffs folded up at the bottom out of my closet and pulled them on before adding an Affliction T-Shirt to the ensamble.

I scooped Ichabod up out of his doggy bed and placed him inside his kennel. He protested, but I didn't plan on being gone long. I spritzed on some cologne, ran my fingers through my hair, then grabbed my cell and wallet before heading for the front door. I grabbed my keys off the hook, slipped on my shoes, flicked the lock and pulled the front door shut behind me as I jogged out towards my car. I had no idea where she was, or where she was going, but I was gonna find her.

***

I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. I hung up my phone and tossed it into the passenger seat of my car. I was just getting back into LA and it would be another hour before I got home. That was if I was going home. Right now, I was on my way to Playboy headquarters. I'd been scheduled for a covershoot with Sports Illustrated, along with Stephany...and Terra.

I growled under my breath as my phone began ringing again. I ignored it and crossed over into the far right lane before reaching over for it, checking the ID Screen.

Zack Baker.

One of the two people I didn't wanna see right now.

I placed the phone down on the seat between my legs as I took the exit and headed directly downtown. He phoned again a few more times but I ignored them all. I'd talk to him when I was good and ready.

When I finally got to the building I parked underground and began my trek to my manager's office. I was there two minutes before he handed me directions to the shoot, then I was back in my car. When I got there, I hurried inside and was quickly greated by our usual team.

I sat in the chair quietly as Claire moved around me, rolling my perfectly straight hair up into curlers, and securing them to my head.

"You have a choice today." Doug, the dresser approached me and held up two bikinis so I could look them over without moving. "The gold one, or the red one?" I frowned at both, but I knew that if I turned them down, he was going to pick for me.

"The gold string one," I spoke softly and he disappeared.

"Alright, go get changed," Claire patted my shoulder. "Then come back and we'll finish your hair."

I pushed myself up out of the chair and turned my head when I heard another voice. Terra and I locked eyes before she broke contact and smiled at Claire. "Sorry I'm late," she dropped her purse to the floor and took a seat in the chair beside my own. I turned and headed toward the dressing area. Doug helped me out, and soon I was returning to my chair in my bikini and a white robe.

"I'll be there in a minute." Claire spoke to me without looking at me.

I crossed one leg over the other and stared into the mirror in front of me and I noticed Serge approaching me from behind with his trusty kit in hand.

"Just in time sweetie," he smiled at me sweetly and spun me around in my chair. He glanced at Claire and Terra before locking eyes with me again. "Stand up my dear."

I did as I was told and undid my robe as he placed his kit on the counter. This was fast becoming routine. I pushed my bikini bottoms down a little further and watched as he dropped to his knees in front of me, rubbing his fingers in a cream. A cream that's originally used to cover stretch marks. He began spreading it over the two nautical stars I had tattooed on my hips and within a few minutes they were completely gone. It was a trick many make-up artists used to cover tattoos.

"There." He twisted the cap back on and returned the product back to his make-up kit. "Now for your face." He eyed my gold bikini once more before gathering what he needed and I sat back down in my seat.

"I'm here," Stephany chimed as she took a seat beside Terra. "Hey girls."

"Hey." I replied softly. Terra however, got more chatty with her.

"I'm gonna do Stephany's hair, then I'll come back to you." Claire patted my shoulder, but I couldn't nod. Serge was covering my face with a liquid concealor.

A couple hours later we were all ready to go. We moved to the next room and encountered a faux beach scene.

"Alright ladies, robes off, let's go." The photographer flicked the bright lights on, and the minute our robes were off, Serge was there, rubbing baby oil onto our bodies to give us the glistening tanned look.

The next hour was a blur, and consisted of nothing more than having a guy yell at us, telling us to get closer to one another and look sexier.

"Look at me like you wanna take me home," the photographer demanded as the three of us wrapped our arms around one another's waists and took a step towards him.

He flicked off a few pictures then stood up. "Alright. We're done." I immediately released Terra and stepped away from her. I could feel her eyes on me as I wrapped up in my robe. Claire approached me and handed me my phone.

"Would you please answer this." She frowned and dropped it into my open palm. "It hasn't quit ringing since you started."

I knew it was Zack. And despite everything telling me not to, I called him back.

"Bailey? Jesus, where are you?"

"Nice to talk to you too." I muttered as I returned to my chair in the make-up room. "I'm at work. What do you want?"

"You're at work? Shit." he muttered. "I want to talk to you about this morning."

I side glanced at Terra then returned my attention to my own reflection in the mirror. "There isn't anything to talk about."

He was quiet for a moment, like he was taking a moment to read my mind. "Listen Bailey, Terra and I..."

I cut him off. "Zack, we're not dating. So I have no right to treat you the way I did." Which was true. There was no us. And it was Terra that I was truly upset with. "Let's just forget about it alright. You do what you want, I do what I want."

"Bailey I - "

"Zack I have to go." I hung up on him just in time. Soon Serge was standing in front of me, waiting to remove my eye lashes and make-up.

"That was Zacky?" Terra asked from beside me. But I ignored her. I wasn't sure how to deal with her yet.

"Jesus Bailey. You said yourself you weren't dating him. It's not like I went after your boyfriend," she growled from beside me after I didn't respond to her first question. Even though she had already known the answer.

"But you did go after him." I snarled. "You're supposed to be my friend Terra. You know I was trying to rebuild the relationship I had with him."

Serge waved his arms helplessly and sighed. Years of experience had taught him that when chicks, more specifically models, got at each other's throats, you had to let them duke it out.

"You did him?" Stephany asked Terra with a laugh. There was something in her tone and expression that I couldn't understand. She didn't look surprised that Stephany had done it.

Terra nodded in response. "We're not fifteen years old anymore Bailey. Grow the fuck up. He didn't have to sleep with me. He had many opportunites to say no."

"You're right." I pushed myself out of my chair and away from Serge. "He's all yours."

With that I headed behind the curtain, changed into my clothes, grabbed my purse, and headed out the door.

Fuck Terra. And fuck Zack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading <333
Comments?