Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

Whiskey Drunk

Image

She hung up on me.

It was as simple as that. No whining, no fuck you's. Just....that she had to go.

My mind ached with the pain thudding within my brain. I need tylenol, advil, aspirin, hell anything to get rid of it. And the worst part is, that it wasn't caused by my hangover. I'd seriously fucked up this time, and I really didn't know if I was gonna be able to get outta this with my dignity intact, and with Bailey at my side.

I slid my hands along the black leather stitched over my stearing wheel. In the heat of the California day, it was starting to get sticky. I didn't know what to do. She was at work, which meant that even if I was able to find her, she definately wouldn't talk to me. And if I waited at her house for when she came home, I was sure that fell somewhere under the stalker title and she'd probably have me arrested.

All I wanted to do was talk to her. To tell her what, I wasn't sure. I just needed to see her face. Her eyes.

Great Vengeance, prime time to realize what she really means to you.

I sighed and turned the ignition over, the engine roaring to life under the hood as I reached for my seatbelt. I just needed her to know that I had made a mistake, and that I was truly sorry. And while it can't be undone, I hope it can eventually be over looked.

***

"She what?"

"You heard me," I stated, running my fingers through my hair and flopping down onto my white leather couch.

After work I'd come straight home, fixed a strong drink, picked up the phone and called my older sister, Trish. She was my go to, for everything in my personal life. She'd modeled for some time as well, but was eager to jump outta the business when she met the man of her dreams. Now, she was a wife and a mother.

"She slept with your boyfriend?" Trish repeated just as calmly as I'd told her.

"Yeah, well not really, because he's not my boyfriend." I corrected her. Which only emphasized the fact that I shouldn't be so concerned with the situation.

"Yeah, big difference between fuck buddy and boyfriend," she replied sarcastically.

"He's not my - "

"Well whatever he's not, he should have had the balls to say no, and your friend should have enough sense to know that you don't sleep with your friends ex, crushes or otherwise. It's like an unwritten rule. You need to talk to her."

I pulled my legs up to my chest, placing my feet on the edge of the couch. "I don't wanna talk to her," I stated firmly.

"Then talk to him. You can't just ignore it, not unless you know in your heart that you're able to walk away from all this without any residual feelings."

I sighed and placed my forehead on my knees, keeping the phone to my ear. Fuck I hated when she was right, but I didn't have the strength to do it.

***

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Meg held her hands up to me, stopping me mid-sentence. The look on her face said it all, I was in for an ass chewing. "You what?"

"I did something, that I shouldn't have." I tried to squeak around it and keep from repeating it because it sounded much worse when she made me say what I'd done, outloud.

"You ain't kiddin." She glared at me. "I mean, I'm not a big Bailey fan, but babe, that's crossing the line. Haven't I told you anything about the rule of girls. You never, ever, and I mean never, sleep with your girl's friend. What did you think you'd get away with it?"

"No...I."

"And what the hell was Terra thinking? That bitch and I need to have words. What the hell kinda friend goes behind your back, and sleeps with your boyfriend? Honestly, if one of my friends did that to me I'd rip her to motherfucking pieces."

That I didn't doubt.

"Zacky, why Terra?"

"I was drinking whis - "

"Being whisky drunk doesn't account for what you did. You managed to ruin two friendships."

"I know that, but - "

"No but's Vengeance. How are you gonna fix this?"

"I haven't a - "

"I mean if - "

"Are you ever gonna let me talk?" I finally managed to cut her off.

She looked at me with saddened eyes and finally sat down. "I'm sorry," she stated softly. "This kinda thing just really gets me worked up. Real friends, stay true to each other. And those people are very hard to find. That's why it's an even bigger let down when those you love...betray you."

She was beating around the bush, but her message still hit home. I'd done the worst thing one could possibly do to a relationship. The trust between Bailey and I, was gone and that is a very, very hard thing to bring back to life. But I wasn't going to give up.

***

Against Trish's better judgement, it'd been over a week since I'd talked to any of them.

Right now it was 3:29 P.M. In exactly one minute my cell phone would hum to life, displaying Zack's name across the ID screen. He'd been phoning at exactly the same time every day. I didn't know if he was doing it to piss me off until I finally answered, or if he was doing it to let me know that he was still there should I wanna talk. Whatever the scenerio, it was working. With each vibration in my hand, I wanted more and more to answer it. Even if just to hear his voice. And as the clock struck 3:30 P.M. I knew today would be the day I'd give in.

And I didn't let myself down. As his name sprang to life on the screen I flipped it open and pressed it to my ear.

"Bailey?"

I didn't answer, simply because I couldn't make the words forming behind my lips, into a coherent sentence.

"Bailey, please talk to me."

I finally mustered up the words, simple as they were. "What do you want Zack?"

"I need to see you. Can we please meet somewhere?"

I just needed to get this over with, and outta my system. "Where?"

"Can I come see you?"

I sighed. He was persistant, I'd give him that. "You're honestly going to drive all the way here just to talk to me?"

"I'm already in L.A. It won't take me too long to get there."

"Alright." I glanced at the clock, 3:32 P.M. "See you in a few minutes." Then I hung up the phone.

Fifteen minutes later I was walking down my driveway to the gate. Zacky was leaning against the hood of his car on the other side, his hands in his front pockets.

"Hey," he greeted me softly, cautiously almost, like I was a killer dog about to leap over the gate and eat him alive.

"Hey," I muttered in response, approaching the gate and stopping near it.

"Are you gonna make me talk to you through the bars like I'm in prison?" He stood up straight, his eyes locked on mine.

Those fucking eyes.

I wandered over to the side and keyed the number into the pad. The gates slid open and I stepped through them, joining Zacky near his car.

"How are you?"

Small talk. God I hated it when there was a point the conversation needed to get to.

"I'm fine." I lied.

"You don't seem fine," he muttered.

I rolled my eyes and locked them on his. "Zack are you serious? Like really, take a step back and look the situation you put me into."

"Bailey I can't even begin to explain how sorry I am, it was a mistake and - "

"You're damn rights it was a mistake." I snarled back. I was going to keep my cool, but I was slowly losing it. "I never should have bothered to try and connect with you again. We're from the same world, but we're very different people."

"Bailey, I love the fact that you came back." He approached me cautiously, but stopped when I took a step back. "Alright, I'll admit I was a little weary at first. Especially after what you did to me."

So that was the reason.

"So did you get it out of your system, Zack?" I couldn't keep my voice low no matter how hard I tried. I was furious. And hurt. Actually I was far more hurt than I was mad. "You think I learned my lesson? You screw me over and I'd know how much it hurts? Well congratulations, because you fucking pulled it off!"

I turned on my heels and began back up my rock driveway. I'd let my emotions get the best of me.

"Bailey!" he yelled after me, and before I could do something about it, he was spinning me around, gripping my arms rather tightly as he looked at me.

"I was supposed to meet you at the bar - "

"So you went home with Terra, I get it." I tried to turn around but he grippd tighter. My eyes locked on his in a fiery gaze.

"My point was, I did not go to the bar, intent on sleeping with her. She was all over me. Buying me drink after drink, saying how much she liked me - "

"Zack I don't wanna hear this." I shook his hands free and stepped back. "Even if she did pursue you like you say, you should have had the balls to say no."

"You're right I should have, but I fucked up alright. I made a mistake, and for that I am very sorry. I never meant to hurt you. And I know that I can't take it back, but believe me if I could, I would. I like you Bailey, you are not just another girl to me, and I hope, that one day you can forgive me, and we can work towards something far better."

This time it was my turn to look dumbfounded. Zacky Vengeance, liked me. Of all people. Whether what he was saying was true or not, didn't much matter at the moment. He'd caused my heart to flutter, and my anger to subside slightly.

"I can forgive you Zack," I said honestly. "But I'll never forget."

I offered him a soft smile and turned around, making my way up the drive way as I crossed my arms underneath my breasts. Parted of me wanted him to follow, but the other part, the smarter part, said that was enough for today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading <333
Comments?