Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

Vengeance University

Image

Three weeks. It'd been three weeks since I'd talked to Zack and it was finally becoming easier. I mean, how were you supposed to forgive someone who screwed you over so badly?

I know I'd told Zack that I would forgive him, but I just couldn't wrap my head around him kissing and holding Terra, of all people. Imagining it in my mind almost made me sick. Not that there was anything wrong with Terra physically, because there wasn't, but the fact that he'd held me and kissed me and brought me to orgasm only nights before doing the same for her, just made me feel extremely dirty.

"Spread your legs a little more."

But no more dirty than this made me feel.

"Seriously, Bailey, the guys wanna see your crotch whether or not it's covered,"

I did as I was told. Spreading my knees a little more. I was laying on a disgustingly 70's purple shag rug covered couch, in a skimpy little G-String bikini. Some days I fuckin hated my job.

"Beautiful, B." The photographer disappeared behind his camera for a moment, snapping a few pictures before standing up straight behind the contraption that would be responsible for putting me in picture form in the hands of half the males in America.

"Alright, Serge, get those other girls in here."

I rolled onto my back and stared up at the stark white ceiling. I couldn't wait for the day to be over.

***

Dressed in pink heels, ripped jeans, a white halter top and my big sunglasses I slid the strap to my purse further up my arm before tucking my bleach blond hair behind my ears. I was ready to get the hell out of here. And I almost made it to the front door of the building before being stopped by my phone. Reluctant to answer I took my time digging it outta my bag before pressing the button and holding it to my ear. "Maggie?"

"Yeah it's me. Listen, when are you done?"

Fuck, this never ends.

I pushed the door open with my hip and stepped out into the hot LA sunshine. The heat radiated off the pavement in waves even as women strolled buy in bikini's and their counterparts in boarshorts. I turned and began down the sidewalk, moving with the majority of the crowd as I continued talking.

"I'm done now and I'm going home."

"Good. I'll meet you at your place asap."

I rolled my eyes and was about to protest when I realized she'd hung up. I placed my sidekick back into my bag and continued walking until I came to my car. I stepped off the sidewalk and was careful not to get run over as I climbed into my car, turned the ignition over and flicked on the air conditioner. Who ever invented that truly was a genious.

I drove home quickly only to find my manager sitting in her car on the side of the road. I rolled down the window to punch the password into the keypad before driving up the driveway with Maggie directly behind me.

I grabbed my purse and stepped outta my car, closing the door behind me. "You really weren't kidding." I stated as Maggie walked towards me with a file uner her arm.

"This is important." She handed me the file then ushered me towards the front door. We stepped into my house and stood in the entry way as I set my purse aside to look through what she'd handed me. It only took a few words before I caught on.

"You're serious?" I glanced up with the paper from my hands and locked eyes with her.

"That's a considerable amount of money, Bailey. Especially from a small company like them. I think you should take their offer. It'd open you up to a whole new genre of agencies. Because we all know this playboy gig is only gonna last the year." She straightened her posture. Although an inch or two shorter than me I still found her quite intimidating. And she knew it. "I'll tell you what," she reached for the file and took it from my hands. "I'll call them back this afternoon."

I growled under my breath out of frustration because I knew I wasn't gonna be able to get out of this one. Not if Maggie really pushed for it.

"Alright," I muttered nearly throwing my arms up in the air in defeat.

"Great." She smiled the smile that sold her to me as a manager and a flash later she was leaving my house phone in hand, which ultimately I was thankful for. I flicked the deadbolt on the door and headed up the few steps to my kitchen. Removing my heels and leaving them on one of the bar stools as I headed for the fridge, I was gonna need to re-fuel before I let Zacky have it.

***

I nearly parked my ass by the phone all night and by nine o'clock I was convinced she wasn't gonna call. I got up, stretched, took Ichabod outside so he could do his thing then came back in, only to plop down on the couch in front of my TV again. Then just as I was finally about to drift off my cell rang and I couldn't keep the shit eating grin off my pierced lips as I flipped the phone open and pressed it to my ear. "Hello?"

"You're unbelieveable you know that?"

Imagining her almost allowed me to see the fury in her eyes. "Do I know you?" I asked just to piss her off a little more. After all it was her who'd left me hanging these past three weeks.

"You're an asshole. Why would you want me to model for Vengeance University?"

"Oh hey, Bailey. I didn't recognize you there since I haven't heard from you in close to a month. I thought we forgave and forgot?"

Her answer was more harsh than even I expected. "No, Zack. I forgave. You've clearly forgot. I never will."

It was time to try a different tactic. "Bailey, listen this wasn't meant to be a personal - "

"Not personal? There are quite literally thousands of models out there. Why me?"

"Because you'll get the job done...nicely. Come on, you're hot, and jesus Bailey I just want to be able to talk to you like I use to."

"Zack, did you really think we could ever just go back to being the same?"

I felt as big as Ichabod right now. I was losing this battle. "I know we can." I said assuridly. "I know we will one day too."

Maybe persistance would prevail.

"Zack, I have to go."

She was gonna run, not fight, and I was gonna allow it this time. "Alright, Bail. I'll see you later." And I hung up before she decided to change her mind and fight.

***

"Here, you could go as a bunny." My sister turned towards me, handing me a set of Playboy bunny ears.

My eyes went from the ears to lock on her face. "Are you fucking joking?" I asked with a laugh. "Like seriously, how original."

"Oh, right." She smiled sheepishly. "I keep forgetting you're an actual bunny."

"Can we not talk about work?" I said rather softly as I ran my fingertips over a spiderman halloween costume.

"Alright." Trish looked at me with a soft smile and continued down the isle. "I can't believe how late I've left my halloween shopping this year. I mean hell, it's tomorrow already."

I smiled and grabbed a box of hershey chocolate bars, tossing them into her cart for her. "Don't worry, I haven't even started."

She rolled her eyes and pulled a small tinkerbell costume out of a rack of bigger costumes. "You don't really have to worry about people coming to your house." She turned the costume so that it was facing me. "Think this would fit Ava?"

I imagined my niece's small body and nodded. "I think so."

"Good," She folded the costume and placed it nicely into her half full cart. "I already have Xander's at home so let's get outta here and take the kids out for dinner."

I nodded and moved outta the way so she could get down the isle first. I needed some time to just relax and think about something else for a change anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for hanging in there and still reading.
<333