Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

The Little Green Monster

Image

I'd dealt with many a people in my lifetime as a band tech, but never experienced this type of zoo. I glanced beside me at my twin, Jason Berry, who was tentatively holding his date's hand. She was nervous as hell, but pulled together enough to look stunning. They walked the same speed as us, but farthest away from the paparazzi. Those were the rules I suppose; let Bailey do most of the PR work.

"Bailey! Bailey over here. You seem to be with a different guy every time you go out. Are you a one night stand kind of girl?"

The urge to up and deck the guy was unbelievable. But wouldn't that look great on the front page of every tabloid magazine in the country along with the caption Bunny's date, not boyfriend, bitch slaps paparazzi. Yeah Mara probably wouldn't get a kick out of that one either, especially since she was already a little pissed when I told her I was taking Bailey out tonight.

"If you ever need another date, I'm free anytime."

"I'll remember that," Bailey smiled sweetly.

"What can you tell us about Kendra and Holly leaving the mansion? Are you moving in? Is Kendra engaged?"

Bailey shook her head and took a permanent marker from the guy standing in front of her. "No, I'm not moving in." She signed her name on the piece of paper he held then smiled and took another step down along the line of paparazzi.

"Is it true you're dating Zacky Vengeance of Avenged Sevenfold? Does he know you're out with someone else tonight at a couples party?"

I honetly couldn't believe how much these people knew about her life. It was creepy to think that there were people watching you all the time.

"Hey buddy what's your name? Do you live here in Hollywood? How did you meet Bailey?"

Bailey sideglanced at me but kept dodging questions even though I wanted like hell to answer them and set the record straight. But in this business the truth was always skewed to other's likings.

One of the youngest paparazzi I'd ever seen pushed his way to the front of the line, waving his camera. "Who's the new girl with you, Bailey? Can I get a picture of you two?"

Bailey smiled at him and nodded slightly. She gestured towards Becca, who joined her side. They wrapped their arms around each other's waists and smiled as dozens of flashbulbs began to go off. It was reminiscent of a shark feeding frenzy. I mean, I'd always heard about it but to witness it first hand was beyond me.

"Is she a new playmate?" the young one questioned.

Bailey shook her head. "This is Becca, you'll be seeing alot more of her under the same management as me."

"Where will we be seeing you beauties next?" another asked.

"Next month's Guitar World Magazine."

The look on Becca's face told me that even she hadn't known that yet.

"Are you enjoying yourself Becca? Is this your first party?" the young one was making sure his voice was heard. I kinda admired the little bastard. Hell, he probably wasn't any older than sixteen.

Bailey took another step down the line, I followed while Jason waited near Becca who had suddenly become everyone's interest. Jason seemed to enjoy the attention as well.

"Yeah, it's kinda over whelming. But it's been fun so far." Becca replied with a big smile.

I caught up to Bailey as we neared the entrance. She looked relieved to see the bouncers waiting near the double black doors leading into the club. I didn't really blame her. This was my first official 'red carpet' moment and it was bugging the piss outta me. I couldn't even fathom what the Jolie-Pitt's went through when they wanted to go somewhere.

"Hey Bailey! My sources say you punched a girl out at a house party? What happened there?"

Suddenly everyone was back on Bailey's case. She looked horrified and glanced at me helplessly and there wasn't much I could do to help. The sharks returned.

"Who was she?"

"Are you scared she'll press charges?"

"Did she really sleep with your boyfriend?"

I stepped up closer and guided my arm around her waist. "Thanks guys," she muttered to them as I guided her towards the doors. The paparazzi were now flooding Becca with questions about the situation and the poor girl had no idea what they were even talking about.

I caught Jason's attention and nodded towards the doors. He caught on immediately and began to steer Becca away from the crowd and towards the doors. A moment later the paparazzi were all fixated on the next porn star or playmate down the line.

"I have to ask you what that was about," Becca laughed softly as we walked down the dim hallway. The club music grew louder and louder as we approached another set of doors.

"I'll tell you," Bailey assured her.

***

"I'll tell you," I'd assured her. And I would. She would need to know, if for nothing else than battling the paparazzi with it.

DJ blow my speakers up tonight, I'ma fight till I see the sunlight...

Ke$ha's TiK ToK pounded through the speakers as the group followed me down the dimly lit hallway to the main floor of the club.

"I've never been here before," Becca yelled at me over my shoulder as we were instantly greeted by people simply known at 'the atmosphere'. Their sole purpose was to make the club money, and it worked like a charm.

"Bailey!"

I grabbed on to Becca's hand so she didn't keep walking into the crowd. If I lost her now, she'd be lost till we met up tomorrow.

"Hey, Bailey!"

I was only hoping I'd imagined that voice. Life couldn't really be that cruel could it.

"Oh, christ," Jason muttered from my side. He'd confirmed my fears with two words.

"We're gonna head to VIP," Jason wrapped his arm around Becca and guided her away from me.

"Want me to hang around?"

I glanced at Matt Berry and was thankful for his presence. But I needed to get over it one day, and soon I knew that.

"No I'll be fine." I answered hesitantly.

"Alright, I'll go grab us drinks. You'll probably need one after this." His hand grazed my lower back as he stepped behind me to head towards the bar.

"Terra," I faked a smile as she got close enough to hear me.

"Bailey, not the date I was expecting."

What stopped in front of me I wasn't expecting either.

"Zack's busy tonight."

"Too bad." She muttered unsympathetically.

I felt like a bitch. Her left eye, though cleverly covered up by a make-up artist still sported hints of a dark tinge around it. She was no doubt the paparazzi's 'source'. And honestly, I couldn't really even blame her for saying anything.

There really was no way around this. "What do you want, Terra?"

"To let you know we'll be working together on that Guitar World shoot. And probably a few more after that, you know, since Maggie still thinks we're best friends. In any case, let's be civil about everything, You got a little wild last time."

I was about to applogize then decided not to. "You had it coming."

"Well tread lightly my dear." Terra grinned. "Someone was gracious enough to share the video they shot at that party. Charges against you wouldn't be hard to lay, and Maggie's not gonna like a psycho on her roster. And then I'd have to help Becca out, and I really don't have time for that."

"Alright, Terra." There wasn't really anything else I could possibly say to that, that wouldn't cause a scene.

"Glad we understand each other. See you at work." She pushed past me in her little black dress and headed towards the other side of the club.

"Well that went better than I expected."

I nodded at Matt Berry, who'd returned moments ago, as we both watched her walk away. He'd obviously hovered around close enough to catch the conversation and mediate should it have began to lean that way.

"Let's go sit down," I smiled as he handed me the drink he'd ordered and I gripped his hand lightly as we waded through the sea of people up to the area we'd had reserved for us. A small roped off section that featured a glass center table and was surrouned by black leather couches.

I sank down onto one with Matt beside me. A waitress stopped on her way by and took another round of orders and I was almost ready to kick off my heels for a few moments when I heard Ashlee's voice.

"Hey, Bailey."

Pete and Ashley Wentz were standing in front of the roped off section and I gestured inside. I introduced everyone and soon they were sitting down to join us.

"So are you looking for specific kinds of jobs?" Pete asked Becca.

"I'm sure Maggie will put her into almost anything to get her started," I interjected.

Becca nodded in agreement. She'd basically just met the woman, but I was sure that she knew exactly the type of person Maggie was.

"Do you have something in mind?" Becca asked him casually. Her previous nervous demeanor was beginning to ware off. Due to the company we had, or the drinks that were slipping past her lips I didn't really care. I was glad she was enjoying herself.

"I'm always on the lookout for someone to represent me." Pete grinned. "Clandestine Clothing I'm sure you know is mine, as well as the Angels and Kings bars."

Again Becca nodded and faded into a conversation with him, Ashlee and the Berry twins. I pulled my phone from my clutch to check the time. Zack was probably still in the studio.

"Lookin' good Jensen. Man I haven't seen you in a very long time."

"I'll say," I excused myself from our small group and stood up. The sexy eyed creature who'd taken notice of me stepped over the red velvet rope despite the bouncer protesting. I met him half way and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"God you still smell amazing," he laughed and finally released me.

"Likewise Mr. Jenner."

I turned from Brody Jenner to his best friend, Frankie. The bouncer let him in as well.

"Hey Frankie," I greeted him casually and hugged him lightly. "Where's Spencer?" I asked of the blond scruffy boy who'd actually introduced me to Brody and Frankie at his house. Terra, Stephany, Kate, me and a few other bunnies who were testing for Playboy had been invited to a party at Spencer Pratt's house, by Spencer himself.

"You don't watch the show or read the tabloids or anything?" Frankie asked.

I shook my head. That was something I tried my best to keep from doing.

Brody's lips tugged into a smirk as he sighed heavily. "Shit's ridiculous. Spencer's still my boy, always will be, but it's just not the same now that he's married to Heidi. And they don't get along to well with Lauren. And Lauren didn't get along with Jayde. It's just...reality TV at it's finest. "

I knew Lauren and Brody were very close now. Though it didn't surprise me. I could always sense their relationship, even when Brody and I were together, but it made me happy that he had someone real to watch out over him.

"It's usually what happens why you try to fuse female friendships." I stated.

"Ain't that the truth." He glanced at his blackberry before looking up at me again. "So do you still not dance?"

Frankie must have taken that as an opportunity to excuse himself to chat with whom I was sure was Lauren's friend Lo.

"Mmm, I still haven't taken those lessons I always claimed I would." I'd always said that he and I should take lessons. But that was before our relationship went south.

"Lessons," he scoffed and reached for my hand, linking our fingers together. "I still can't dance worth shit either. Let's go, I'll buy you a bottle of Jagermeister after."

"Oohh, playing hardball now Jenner? That's low. Don't make me start calling you Sam."
Brody cringed slightly at the sound of his real name, but his smile told me he wasn't really mad about it.

"Becca, come dance." I called after her and reached out my free hand.

She grabbed me by the wrist and turned to the Berry twins and Pete and Ashlee, bringing the whole damn family along with us.

***

At one in the morning I finally put down my guitar and picked up my phone. I dialed Bailey's number and was actually kinda shocked she didn't pick up.

"Yo, dude, you comin to the bar with us?" Matt poked his head into the room and asked.

"Probably," I hit end and dialed Jason's number next. My curiosity was getting the better of me. Or jealousy. I hoped like hell it wasn't the latter.

"Zacky! What's up, bro?"

I couldn't help but laugh. Jason was loaded, I could tell that without hearing another word.

"What's up, dude?"

"Man, I am sooo fuckin' drunk" he laughed before continuing. "You're missing an awesome party."

"Sounds like it. Where's Bailey?"

"Ummm, she's off with that dude from The Hills."

I frowned when I heard a girls voice in the background say Brody Jenner.

"Did she just meet him tonight?"

Yes, it was the little green monster that was beginning to rear it's ugly head. I could feel it.

"Nope, I think she's known him for a long time. Zack, you should really come here man, it's fuckin awesome."

It sounded like a fun time, I just didn't envision it staying that way if I was to suddenly show up.

"Nah, I'll see you guys tomorrow morning. Get home safe alright?"

"Promise," Jason fumbled with the phone before hanging up. I hit end and flipped my own cell shut before looking up to see Shadows still standing in the doorway awaiting my answer.

"Caravan's leaving," he stated.

I nodded and pushed myself up outta my chair and placed my guitar in the rack. "I'm on board."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading.
<333