Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

The Past And The Present

Image

By 10:30A.M. I was beginning to panic. I was just getting home and I still needed to shower and change before Zack got here. I started dropping clothes once I got inside the front door. I hurried to the bathroom in my bedroom and jumped in the shower. I was still dripping but wrapped in a towel when I heard my cell phone ringing. I didn't even bother to check the call display, as I assumed it would be Zack. I hit the button and pressed it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked as I wandered through the house to the kitchen. I looked out the window just in time to see Zack pull up to the gate, so I headed over to the key pad by the front door and buzzed him into the yard.

"Hey, Bail, I need to ask you a favor."

I knew right away it was Trish and at the moment I was thanking god that it wasn't Maggie who was phoning.

"What's up?" I asked as I watched through the kitchen window.

Zack parked his car behind mine in the looped driveway and began walking towards the front door. He was dressed in faded black jeans, with a belt and a 6661 belt buckle. His black t-shirt said something but I couldn't quite read it. His black and green ball cap tilted slightly to the left and his gorgeous eyes were shielded by a pair of sunglasses. I couldn't help but grin. Just seeing him made my pulse race. How the hell I ever scored a sexy, sweet guy like him, I didn't know, but I couldn't be more thankful.

"Bailey, are you listening?"

"Oh, sorry," I muttered. I'd almost completely forgotten about Trish on the other end of the phone when I saw him. My doorbell rang and I opened up the door. He grinned instantly and removed his sunglasses. I stepped back and let him in, he closed the door behind him and I figured I'd better get my conversation with my sister over with first. I motioned for him to follow me into the kitchen. "What'd you need, Trish?"

"Oh my god, you weren't listening at all were you? Craig's parents have Ava and Xander, but they can't keep them another night because they have a flight out tonight, and our flight is delayed."

"Where the hell are you?"

Zack stepped up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. "Do you always answer the door in a towel?" he whispered against my un-occupied ear, stealing nearly all of my concentration.

"We're in Montana for Craig's friend's wedding and it's been snowing like freaking crazy. I really need you to take Ava and Xander for the night, please? I can't get ahold of mom and dad and I don't want Craig's parents to have to cancel their flight since I promised we'd be home."

Zack's hands slid down the front of my body, over the towel and I bit back the moan growing in my throat. His fingertips found the smooth skin of my thighs and they slowly dragged back up my body, pulling the towel up with them.

"Trish, I have a photoshoot tomorrow and I have to be there by six."

His hands pulled my towel up around my hips and he pressed against me tighter, pushing me up against the counter as he kissed the back of my neck.

"I know. But we'll land at LAX at about four am. Please, Bailey, you know I wouldn't ask you if I really didn't need it."

She had me there. She never asked much from me, ever. "Okay."

Zack's hands slid up the front of my towel again and over my breasts as he nipped at my earlobe.

"Zack," I whispered as softly as I could away from the phone. His lips nibbled at mine and I groaned before pulling away. His smile told me he was immensely enjoying the torture he was inflicting.

I locked eyes with him and I spoke quickly. "They can drop them off in an hour or so."

His mouth tugged up into a grin as he spun me around and untied my towel, leaving me naked in front of him.

"Trish, I gotta go," I muttered as his eyes swept up and down the front of my body.

"Okay, thanks so much. I love you."

"Love you too,." I hit the end call button and dropped my phone onto the counter as he stepped up against me, his clothed body rubbing against my naked one. I shivered lightly as the cold metal of his buckle pressed against my stomach.

"I vote that you answer the door for me every time in just a towel?" he studied my expression as he slid his hands down around to my ass and picked me up easily.

"If this is what it comes to, then I'm all for it." I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms loosely around his neck, bringing my face nice and close to his. I grabbed his cap and his sunglasses from his shirt collar and set them down on the counter before he carried me through the house headed for my bedroom.

"You have to babysit today?" he asked as we entered my room.

"I have them for the night. Or half the night anyway. You gonna come stay with me to?"

"Mmm," he laid me down on the bed and stood up straight to grab his tshirt and pull it up over his head. "If I get to sleep next to you dressed in just those tattoos, count me in."

He tossed his t-shirt aside and moved on to his belt buckle, giving me a moment to just study his body. I was amazed at all the artwork he'd aquired, but every piece of skin touched by a tattoo needle looked amazing. And suited him perfectly.

"Hey, are those new?" I sat up and he stilled his movements.

"Is what new?" he asked as I reached for his hands, pulling him towards me.

"Your knuckle tattoos?"

He closed his hands into fists and put them side by side for me. I smiled as his knuckles read CALI4NIA. "Yeah, they are."

"I really like it," I released his hands and smiled up at him before reaching out and grasping onto his jeans, unbuttoning and unzipping them slowly to reveal his boxers.

"I do to, but they're healing and pretty itchy. I'm doing my best not to scratch," he chuckled softly as I tugged his jeans down his legs. He kicked them aside and dropped down to his knees as he straddled my waist. "I'd love to use my fingers on you, but we're gonna have to wait a while," he whispered softly against my lips.

I knew what he was talking about and I groaned at the mere though. Memories of our first pool experience a couple nights ago sent shivers of pleasure rippling down my entire body. I leaned in closer to him and nipped at his lips softly. I bit one of his lips rings lightly and tugged on it before kissing him hungrily, sinking my tongue into his mouth and moaning as he lowered me to the bed.

When he finally pulled away he whispered against my mouth. "I remember our first kiss," he nipped at my chin and brushed his lips lightly down my throat before finding my hands and pinning them to the bed above my head, and beneath the pillows. I remembered our first kiss too.

"On the basketball court late at night, you were so nervous," he kissed down my chest between my breasts then slowly made his way back up to my mouth. "Although I'm not sure if you were nervous about actually kissing me, or about getting caught kissing me," he smirked.

I wanted to reach out and touch him. I wanted to run my fingers through his black hair and slide my hands along his sides and pull him closer to me, but he kept me still beneath him. "I was nervous about kissing you, Zack. I acted like a bitch, but I wasn't really that tough emotionally. If you'd have left me, I'd have been devestated."

"But it was okay for you to leave me?"

By his expression I could tell that his last question was more of an inner question rather than one he'd actually wanted to express. But now it was out in the open, and that was okay with me, nervous as he may be.

"Zack," I tugged one of my hands free and cupped his cheek, his wounded eyes locked with mine and I suddenly found it very hard not to just blurt out that I loved him. But he wouldn't believe me at this point in time. "I'm sorry, for everything I've ever done. I can't take back the way I acted and I wish that I could. I really do. I'd have loved to have spent the last ten years with you rather than without you. Not missed a day or night in your arms - "

He dropped his head and caught my mouth with his own, cutting me off and making me arch up beneath him, just wanting to be closer. When he pulled away again I was out of breath and damn near panting. The man could definitely kiss, there was no doubt about that. I hated to think about all the other girl's he'd practiced with, but it was hard not too. It could have been just me.

Stop dwelling in the past, he's yours now, Bailey. Make things right.

I pulled my other hand free from his grasp and took the opportunity to roll us over. He now laid beneath me, spread out along my bed, his head amongst my pillows as I straddle his boxer clad lap. I slid my hands slowly up his chest and across the green deathbat tattoo before placing my hands on the bed and leaning over him. His hands found my hips and I nudged his nose with my own.

"I remember the first time we slept together," I smiled softly, "All I could think about was that I could talk shit but didn't know a thing about sex."

That made him laugh, and me smile. I wanted to see him happy and smiling all the time.

"I couldn't believe you were actually a virgin."

"Oh gee thank you," I nipped at his lips and sat up straight again.

"Well we're being honest. I couldn't believe that you were one, let alone that you'd actually give your virginity to me."

I grasped onto the waistband of his boxers and tugged them down slowly, "I never let on, nor said in any words, but I loved you."

"Is that so?" I nodded and crawled off his lap. I helped him out of his boxers completely before crawling over top of him again, this time straddling his thighs and reaching down to wrap my hand around him to stroke him lightly. I hadn't had the opportunity to please him yet, and I wanted to. I wanted him happy with me in every aspect.

"Bailey," he pushed himself up onto one of his hands and tangled the other into my hair to bring my face closer to his. "You loved me?"

I hadn't intended to say it, or even bring it to this point but I had. Now I had to deal with it, no matter the consequences.

"I do love you, Zack. I always have."

I didn't even have time to say anything else because he suddenly flipped us over again and covered my mouth with his own. I grasped onto the backs of his arms as he moved over top of me and pinned me to the bed with his weight. I decided then and there that there was nothing better in the entire world than to feel his body up against mine.

***

I do love you, Zack. I always have.

She was curled up against my side now, her head against my chest over my heart as my hand wandered slowly up and down her back. I had wanted to say it back then and there, but I couldn't. Not yet. I was invested in this relationship, I just wasn't ready to drop that word yet. I wanted to believe that she was entirely a different person, but my heart said I couldn't handle the possibility of a re-run. And it was right. Losing her again would kill me. Whether she knew for sure I loved her or not.

"Mmm, I really don't wanna get dressed," she murmered softly, without even opening her eyes.

"I would like to tell you to never get dressed again," I joked. "But I don't think your niece and nephew would appreciate that."

She laughed softly. "I don't think anyone would appreciate that, except for maybe you."

And Brody Jenner

I hadn't wanted my head to go there, but it had. I didn't even know the guy, but I already hated him. Hated the fact that Bailey could have loved him to some degree as well.

"Shit," she muttered before pulling away from me and sliding to the edge of her bed. She stood up then headed towards her dresser for a pair of PJ pants and a simple black tank top. "When do you think you'll be outta the studio tonight?" She smoothed the fabric over her stomach and turned around to look at me again.

"I really don't know. Guess it depends on how well it goes. If we're on a roll, it might not be till early morning."

The doorbell rang and she smiled. "Mmm, you're lucky you get to go to work," she laughed and headed for the front door. I took the opportunity to hop into the shower. When I emerged in a towel she was sitting crosslegged on her bed.

"Mmm, I vote the only clothing you can wear around my house is the towel."

"Oh yeah," I made my way over to her, and kissed her softly. I loved kissing her, she always tasted so sweet.

"Mm-hhmm," she nodded when I pulled away to get dressed. "And it took every ounce of restraint I had not to join you in that shower."

"You should have told your sister two hours before the kids could show up."

She nodded and stood up again. "Next time." She crawled off the bed and headed for the bedroom door. "Your phone rang too."

She disappeared and I could hear her join Xander and Ava in the living room. I picked up my phone and checked the call display. Zina Pachecho. I quirked my eyebrow at my sister's phone number and hit re-dial. She answered a few moments later.

"Zack, thank god you called me back," she laughed, "I was thinking I was going to have to phone Matt."

"Well depends on what you need," I stated as I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder and pulled on my boxers. She might still have to phone our little brother.

"I need someone to watch Gavin and Gianna," she paused for a moment, "for the night."

"Zina, I'm gonna be in the studio for who knows how long today and tomorrow, and for the rest of the month."

Zina sighed. "Please, Zack. I would ask Matt but god only knows what he's got planned. And quite frankly, I'd rather have you watching them over night."

I pulled on my jeans and stood up straight. The guys would probably be cool with the kids being in the studio, but the kids would be bored as hell. I heard laughter and my focus shifted for a moment. "Hey, Zina, let me call you back okay?"

"Alright, but please phone me back right away?"

"I will," I promised her and hung up. I finished dressing and headed into the open living room to find the three of them on the couch watching some cartoon on the TV.

"Bailey, I have a huge favor to ask."

She looked up and nodded. "What's that?"

"My sister just phoned, and she needs me to watch Gavin and Gianna for the night but if I'm in the studio I don't really want them - "

"Hi, Zack," Xander had some type of game in his hand that he seemed to be fully invested in, but he greeted me anyway.

"Hey, dude," I smiled back before turning my attention back to Bailey.

"They can stay here while you're in the studio if you want. Since you're staying the night anyway."

"Thanks. I'll tell the guys I need to be outta the studio at a decent hour." I headed to the kitchen and grabbed my hat and sunglasss off the counter before making my way back towards them. "I'm gonna phone Zina and go pick up the kids and I'll be back in about an hour or so."

Bailey nodded and simply smiled as I dropped a kiss to her soft mouth. "Drive safe." she whispered.

I nodded. "See you later guys."

***

I had expected a relaxing day. One where I could just stretch out on the couch and nap and listen to tunes and make something fun for dinner, but that wasn't going to happen. At least not the napping part anyway.

"Tag, you're it!" Xander touched Gianna on the arm then turned around and ran as fast as he could the other way. For this particular game of tag, my house was great. With barely any walls, and only a few pillars, they had nothing but room to run. Their previous game of hide and go seek hadn't been as successful.

"Nanie, I'm hungry." Ava grabbed onto one of the bar stools sitting around the island in my kitchen and I picked her up to set her on the seat.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Maccaroni and cheese." she answered simply.

"I want a hamburger," Gavin stopped running and approached me. Gianna and Xander seemed to sense that we were talking about food too because they stopped running and approached us with smiles.

"I think hot dogs would be good." Xander glanced at Gianna who nodded in agreement.

"But I like salad too," she added.

I glanced around in my cupboards even though I knew it was going to be a fruitless effort. I was rarely ever home. Plus that type of food, wasn't allowed in my diet anyway. I glanced back at the kids and they all stared at me patiently awaiting to hear what they were gonna get for lunch. Cute as they may be, I was not going to take four little kids to the grocery store, unless I absolutely had to.

"We'll have all of that for lunch, how does that sound?"

They all cheered and took off running again, except Ava whom I helped down off the stool first before she chased after the pack. I picked up my cell phone and prayed that she'd pick up.

"Hey."

"Becca? It's Bailey. Hey what were you plans again for today?"

"Just hangin' out," she answered carefully before asking, "why?"

I grinned and watched the kids race by again. "Wanna come to a barbecue?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading <333
Check out the new Danny Abell One Shot, let me know what you think.
More updates coming soon I promise.
Comments?