Status: Slow Active

I Remember The Day She Told Me It's Over

Appear And Be Available

Image

After an insanely long debate on what to wear, I was finally dressed and double checking my appearance in the mirror hanging on the wall.

My make-up was done to perfection thanks to the finger snapping service Hugh's girl's received. My blond hair fell in ringlets all over. I was wearing green star earrings and a few long necklaces. I was dressed in green and white heels. A black mini skirt, a playboy bunny belt, and one of Zacky's black, green, and white Vengeance University tshirts. However, it was altered slightly. It was now an off the shoulder top.

"Limo's here," Stephany called at me over her shoulder. She looked stunning like always. She was wearing black dress pants and a silky top that only covered what was absolutely necessary. Terra on the other hand, went traditional, and was sporting a black mini dress, with a red belt slung loosely around her hips.

That's what I liked about this type of red carpet. We were still free to wear what we wanted. Granted of course, we had to look nice, but it didn't consist of buying a five thousand dollar dress like some nights.

"I need a drink," Terra laughed.

I spritzed my own perfume on and tossed the mini bottle back into my clutch before following my friends into the humid Los Angeles night.

"You first," Stephany held the door open for Terra. I climbed in behind her and Steph followed. My heart began racing even though I was sitting down and relaxed. I was really doing this...with Zacky. Hopefully it didn't turn into a disaster.

***************************************************************************************

I parked my car in the parking lot, right where Bailey had told me.

I was nervous, and beginning to re-think my actions. What the hell was I doing? I didn't know Bailey. Not this 'new' Bailey she kept talking about anyway. For all I knew she could be even more deceptive now.

But, my actions were classic Zachary Baker. I wanted to believe that most everyone was good to their word. Unfortunately, the world didn't work that way.

"Holy shit man, you're Zacky Vengeance."

My head snapped up, two men were approaching me. One, had shaggy, gelled blond hair, the other reminded me of Matt. Shaved head and well toned in the muscle department.

"I'm Jamie," the big one reached out his hand to me. "Your band is fucking awesome!"

I smiled awkwardly and shook his hand, "thanks man."

"I'm Tony," the blond reached for my hand afterwards. "Though I'm sorry to say I've never heard your music."

That made me feel a little bit better. At least someone would just see me as just another guy.

"So uhhh," Jamie stuck his hands into his suit pants pockets. "Terra told me you're Bailey's date tonight."

"Yeah," I leaned against my car. I needed a cigarette desperately, but I didn't wanna smell like cigarette smoke for tonight. At least not until we got into the club. Then it wouldn't matter. "Have you ever done one of these appearances before?" Maybe I could get some tips. I mean, I'd walked carpets before, but only for things to do with music.

"Just once," Jamie replied, "these girls don't get to bring escorts often you know. The whole objective, in their business, is to appear, and be available,"

Made sense. They were in the sex business. Maybe not giving it out exactly, but showing off their bodies to entice males to buy things qualified in my books. Especially because it worked. And it worked well.

"I've never been to anything like this," Tony offered with a laugh. "I mean, I think this is the most dressed up I've ever been."

I managed a smile. The guy was more nevervous than I was. It wasn't hard to tell.

A moment later we all watched a white limo pull around the corner and park along the sidewalk. The sun roof opened up and a girl with straight dirty blond hair stuck her head up through the window; giving everyone a peek at her very revealing top.

A big grin instantly appeared on Tony's face and it was obvious who he was escorting.

"Hey are you sexy things lookin for a ride?" she yelled and banged on the roof of the limo. "Let's go."

I stood up straight and follwed the guys through the small parking lot towards the limo. I climbed in last, an inevitable smiling across my face when I saw Bailey.

"I dig the shirt," I laughed.

She grinned and looked down at herself before looking up at me again. "I was hoping you would."

Her skin looked so soft, and I couldn't help myself, "I like this," I trailed my fingertip over the revealed skin of her shoulder. "I should look at creating some shirts like that for the girls."

She nodded slightly and we locked eyes. She looked so different. I mean, she was beautiful this morning, but now she looked gorgeous. Then I shook that thought from my mind. That was her business. She was to look gorgeous all the time. God forbid they be seen like humans.

The rest of the limo ride went in an awkward silence between us. We listend to Terra and Stephany chatter non-stop along the way. The other guys remaining quiet as well.

When we finally reached the destination, we could see the carpet layed out along the sidewalk in front of the club. Small barricade's set up along the front, keeping fans and photographers out of our personal space. Lights were set up so we could be seen under perfect light, despite the darkening night creeping in, and security gurads stood around dressed nicely in their pressed suits.

I sighed heavily causing Bailey to look at me curiously. No doubt looking for a sign that I didn't want to be here. Because I did, but I didn't.

"Alright," Stephany downed the rest of her drink. "Smiles everyone."

We were parked by another limo and I couldn't fucking believe it when Hugh Hefner and his three girlfriends stepped out of the other limo.

"Ahhh, there's my other girls," the older man smiled fondly at the models that'd climbed out of our limo.

"Hey Hef," each girl took a turn hugging him and kissing him on the cheek.

The man seriously amazed me. He had like a harem of girls, that would do whatever the fuck he wanted. They knew how to greet him, how to say goodbye, and everything in between. I doubted that one of them rarely stepped out of line.

"Hef, this is an old friend of mine Zack Baker," Bailey was pulling my hand, tugging me towards the legend amongst men.

"Hello Mr. Baker," Hef greeted me rather warmly, offering me his hand.

I shook it firmly, "Mr. Hefner," I replied, not entirely sure what I should be calling him.

But I didn't have to worry, his attention didn't stay on me long. He was now focused on his three main girls, ushering them to the carpet.

"Nervous?" Bailey asked me, reaching for my hand.

"A little," I admitted, gripping her fingers in my own.

"I bet I'm more nervous," she laughed softly. "I'm still getting use to this."

"Alright, you love birds in the middle," Stephany nudged my side, pushing us towards the carpet behind Terra and Jamie.

Flashbulbs and the chatter began. Watching as Hugh wandered down the carpet. Terra and Jamie jumped in right behind them. Then it was out turn.

God I hoped I didn't say anything stupid, or Matt would never let me live it down.

*********************************************************************************************

A few steps onto the carpet we stopped and smiled.

Flashes on camera's were hard on the eyes, and I was sure that on at least half of the pictures I'd look like an idiot with squinted eyes.

"Bailey, how does it feel to be playmate of year?"

"It's been great so far," I replied quickly before taking a deep breath. We took a few more steps and stopped again.

"Breathe," Zacky reminded me softly, slipping his arm around my waist in assurance as we smiled for the cameras again.

"Wow, Mr. Vengeance, is Bailey Jenson a model for your clothing line?"

I hated how they talked to people around you like you weren't standing there. Zacky shifted beside me, he seemed shocked that someone would recognize him.

"Umm, no," he replied before laughing softly. "But after seeing her in it, I just might pursue it."

I smiled as we took a few more steps and stopped again. Each time taking us closer to the club entrance that Hugh and the girls were now heading in.

"Can I get a picture of you three girls?" one photographer shouted at us.

"Of course," Terra stopped walking and we jumped into a pose quickly, grinning as we threw our arms around each other.

By now, other playboy playmates were joining us on the carpet. Zacky stood off to the side with Tony talking to some of the photographers. No doubt answering questions on their walk down the playboy red carpet.

After a few pictures we slowly made our way back to the guys, walking with them the last few feet to the club entrance.

"You guys have a good time," the bouncer grinned at us.

I gripped onto Zacky's hand again as he lead us through the darkness further into the building.

"Want a drink?" Zacky glanced back at me as he pushed his way to the bar.

I nodded.

"Bailey!" Kendra slipped her arm around my waist. "You my dear, need to introduce me to this strapping young man."

I grinned and tugged on Zacky's hand, he stopped for a moment and smiled.

"Zacky, this is Hugh's girlfriend Kendra."

"One of Hugh's girlfriends," she corrected me and shook his hand.

"Kendra, this is Zacky Baker."

"Nice to meet you," he replied politely.

We bumbled our way through a few people. Took some pictures with others and finally made it to the bar. He looked uncomfortable, downing his beer before I was even half done mine. If I wasn't being paid to be here, I'd offer to leave with him.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this," I said over the music.

We locked eyes again.

"You didn't drag me into this," he retorted. "I came willingly."

I smirked, "you just don't look like you're having much fun."

"It's because he's not dancing," Terra appeared by his side, wrapping both her arms around his left arm. Indicating that she'd been watching, as well as listening. I swear it's a girl thing.

"No I - " he tried to shake her off but he couldn't. He wouldn't. Terra wasn't one to give up until she got what she wanted.

"Alright," Zacky set his empty beer bottle down on the counter.

"Come on sweetheart," she tugged on my arm but I shook my head.

"I'll be there in a minute, I'm almost done my drink."

She nodded and pulled Zacky off to the dance floor. I sipped on my drink and watched the crowd. Taking note of who was there.

"He doesn't seem like your type," Hugh stepped up to the bar with Holly not far behind him.

His attention to detail was always something I admired him for. But this time he was wrong. Zacky was my type. At least I wanted him to be.

"He's just a friend," I assured him, setting my glass down on the counter.

Hugh took me into a big speech about trusting people. And how guys could use women for money just as easily. I'd heard it all before, but I humored him. After all, he owned me the minute I signed that contract.

I made it down to the dance floor over an hour later. Zacky and Terra and Jamie were sipping on new drinks, talking just off to the side. Zacky looked like he was in a better mood.

I danced towards them, "sorry it took me so long," I smiled weakly. "You guys still wanna dance?"

"I just needed to replenish," Terra laughed, finishing her drink then pulling the boys back onto the dance floor.

We danced as a group for a while before moving in on other people. Some guy behind me had his arm around my waist as we moved together, so Zacky had moved in on Terra, and Jamie with a girl I'd recognized from a photo shoot.

Hopefully tonight would stay a good night.
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading