I Know Exactly

I Know Exactly

____Dappled into little flames by the white of the sun, two bodies bend against the curve of a little wooden bench, and they touch side-by-side. One is a girl, and she likes to pull a curly stray spring of hair behind her ear so that her face is bare and hints and worships may be read in her eyes, always bright and honey-filled. The boy beside her is the boy she loves best of anything in the world, and where he is now being kissed by the light, she is quite positive that if she were to die at this same moment she would have died perfectly happy.
____The boy looks at her sometimes and notes the color of her eyes and how he wishes that courtesy allowed a longer stare. He can feel the touch of her, and when a breeze blows against them, he likes that he and the girl have shared something together, and often times his gratitude makes him laugh at nothing at all. He doesn't always like to talk, and for a while, now, he and the girl who loves him have only sat and looked into the space before them, at the orange in the trees and the grassy tendrils that reach for the sky, and they look and they wonder if perhaps by standing up they would be reaching, too. But somehow bending is where they find their peace, and for a split second he allows himself a vision of a female head resting upon his shoulder.
____He doesn't know that if he closes his eyes, the girl would only wish to sleep forever beside him and count heartbeats for the rest of time. Her own little heart is accelerating, and she feels healthy and good and more beautiful than ever now that she sees her boy lined in a sun's glow. She feels certain that God has a house in this boy's chest.
____But they don't always like to talk, and the boy only knows how to dream. Side-by-side on the little bench in the sun through the red leaves, they wait for another wind and wonder if they dare identify perfection.
♠ ♠ ♠
For drop dead gorgeous;'s Eight Round Drabble Contest.
Round Six - 360 words.