Status: Complete

You Showed Me A Sign, But It Pointed the Wrong Way

Chapter 20

“Oh man, it’s good to be home!” Nolan dropped his bags the second he got in the door and flopped onto the couch. The tour was over and we were back at the guys’ place. Although I guess I can call it home too.

“Nolan get your lazy ass up and take your bags to your room.”

Nolan grumbled and gave Zack an angry look before getting back up. “Yes, mother.” He bent down to pick up his bags and Zack swatted him on the head.

“I swear you guys will never grow up.” Collin rolled his eyes as he walked passed the two of them and went to his room.

“C’mon Jay. Let’s go put your stuff in your room.” I turned to give Rex an odd look.

“I have a room?”

“Well, yeah. After you first told us about what was going on at home we decided to set up a room for you. You know, just in case you needed it.” I smiled and gave him a hug which he was quick to return. It’s amazing how they cared for me even before they knew I was Rex’s niece.

We went up to my room and I couldn’t help the grin that spread over my face. It as medium sized with a walk-in closet. There was a shelf with a TV on it and a blu-ray player. A had a stereo by my bed with an ipod adapter and a multiple CD changer. There was a desk and bookcase along one wall while the other walls had a few band posters up. My guess was that Nolan stole my ipod when I wasn’t looking and found some of the bands I liked. There was a huge bed covered in a deep purple comforter and I immediately jumped onto it when the shock of the room wore down.

“I have a bed! I actually have a bed that isn’t on a bus on in a hospital. IT’S SO COMFORTABLE!” I laid back on it and squished my head into the pillows. Rex chuckled at my strange behaviour.

“We can go out and get some paint and other things to decorate it once we’re all settled in.” I got off the comfortable bed and hugged him again.

“Thank you so much Rex. You’ve guys have been great to me ever since I met you and I don’t think I could thank you enough. You took me out of a hell hole and brought me to heaven. Thank you thank you thank you.”

“You don’t have to thank me. It’s what family does.”

“Oh group hug. Guys, get in here!” Nolan practically pounced on us and Collin and Zack were close behind. for some reason I couldn’t stop laughing.If I were to guess though, I’d say it’s because I know that I can be truly happy and laugh without any worries in the back of my mind.

The guys left to let me unpack. I began putting my clothes away and thinking about ways to decorate. As I walked by my closed door I caught a glimpse of myself in the full length mirror. I put down the top in my hand and walked over to it.

The first thing I did was notice that I began to fill out a bit. Most girls wouldn’t want that but I’m glad because know you can’t see my ribs. The last of my cuts had fully healed four days ago. I lifted my shirt and examined the scars on my stomach and back. They’d always be a memory of what happened but they’d also remind me that it won’t happen again. I put my shirt back down and moved to look at my face. I hadn’t noticed it before, but there was a slight twinkle in my eyes now. Almost like that little spark of life in me that had been lost for so long, finally came back.My smile looked more genuine and no longer came out forced. In general, I just looked happy.

I knew coming back here for the first time would be a little difficult but seeing my house again wasn’t too hard. I had to go to court and explain my story. They found my mother guilty and she wouldn’t be out for a very long time. There was a funeral for my brother but I didn’t go. I couldn’t believe that after all he did to me, he couldn’t kill me. It kind of made me wonder about what he actually thought of me.

But, it’s all over now. Everything is in the past and I’m looking forward to my future. I smiled at my last thought and resumed putting away my clothes.When I was done I went to join my family. Life is finally pointing the right way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to leave this for so long.
It's finally over now and for all of you who stuck with this to the end, I thank you.
There will not be a sequel but I am working on a new story. I've decided to pre-write the enitre thing so it won't be out for a while but keep an eye out for it.
PLEASE COMMENT
exams are here and comments will help with the stress.

thx
-ZC