The Game of Seduction

For Service or For Play?

Sometimes this game turns into a bit of a tug a war. You try to lure, pull your opponent in, but they could pull back. Sometimes the game-play turns on you unexpectedly. If they let go before you can pull them into your trap, you fall and you lose.

-- April 15th

It has been a long and busy school week, but it is Friday night and the start of spring break. Earlier today, Kia Reynolds had just handed in a giant English project that she pulled an all-nighter to perfect. A nice afternoon nap was called for. She needed to recuperate. It was the weekend. What is a Friday night if you’re not going to go out and have some fun?

Club Mix was one of the few bars that Kia and her friends could get it. Her older brother, Pete, had a friend, Jake, that worked at Mix and tonight he was the bouncer. It was a fancy, yet very comfortable place and the music was great. The best part was the crowd: college students. It made it easy for Kia and her friends to blend in and the college boys weren’t bad to look at either.

Kia was leaning against the bar counter, waiting to order a drink, when someone leaned into her. “Hey,” a deep voice whispered into her ear. She gasped, jumping a bit, but not so much in surprise as it was the chill that shot down her spine when the hot breath grazed her ear.

She turned her head, tucking a strand of her wavy, long brown hair behind her ear. Kia rubbed her ear to get rid of the tingly sensation that lingered. To no surprise, she saw Ian Foster leaning against the bar counter with one arm. Kia had spotted him in the club not too long ago, chatting with some people. It was only a matter of time before he would find her here and come to bug her.

“What are you doing here?” Ian asked with a crooked smile playing on his lips.

What a stupid question to ask, she thought. “Probably the same reason as you.” He, like Kia, was a senior in high school and they were also in the same English class. “Here to relieve some stress, get a little drunk and have some fun, right?”

“Well, yes to the last two but not so much stress. Unlike some people, I didn’t wait until the last minute to finish my project.” He gave her a smug little smile.

Kia rolled her big green eyes, turning back towards the bar. The counter was lined with people waiting for drinks and bartenders were nowhere near her. She sighed. “Well, good for you, but I personally like to procrastinate,” she said dully, still looking at the bartender to her left. Ian's very presence was starting to annoy her. He didn’t speak, but without having to look, she could tell he was smiling at her. It was hardly a good sign when someone smiles silently while staring at you. It usually meant that the person was a creeper or, in his case, he was plotting something.

“Hey," Ian lean in close to her, "I want to dance,” he said, sounding rather nonchalant.

It was a statement but Kia saw the demand behind it. “Then go ahead. No one is stopping you.” She gave him a mere sideways glance.

“You don’t want to dance?” Ian questioned.

Kia looked at him again with a raise of her brow and a smirk, “Are you asking me to dance?” She looked directly into his brilliant blue eyes, which narrowed as he gave her a smirk of his own.

“I believed that was implied. You seemed so lonely earlier, dancing all by yourself.”

She glared at him, thinking, so this is how you want to play it. “I wasn’t dancing by myself. I was with my girls.”

“Yeah, other lonely girls. There weren't any guys trying to dry hump you from behind.”

Kia tilted her head with amusement. “Are you saying you want to dry hump me from behind?” She asked, making an innocent face.

Ian rolled his eyes, “Well, a guy wouldn’t mind any kind action from behind.”

“What?” Kia laughed, grinning brightly.

Ian half sighed and laughed. “I meant from behind a girl.”

“Right, whatever,” Kia said, brushing off his comment and gave him a casual glance from the waist up. He wore an untucked, black pin-striped shirt with the sleeves rolled up. His dark brown hair was a tad messy, but in the most handsomely way.

Kia’s lips curved into a smirk. She leaned close into his chest, looking up into his bright blue eyes. He was about half a head taller than her, making him 6 feet or so. “I’m too thirsty to dance right now,” she said while running a finger down his firm chest and giving him a pouty look.

Ian chuckled, glancing away for a second, “Oh, you sly girl. What do you want?”

“Vodka and sprite,” she smiled sweetly, but feeling quite victorious on the inside.

Ian flagged one of the bartenders down and it turned they knew each other. He ordered her drink and a shot of whisky for himself. Ian swung back his shot as soon as he got it. He sighed, frowning a bit and then took a gulp of Kia’s drink.

“What the fuck, man?” A quarter of her drink was gone. “You cheap ass! You can’t bear to buy me a whole drink?”

“I was just washing down the taste.”

“Ya sissy,” Kia half snarled and sipped on her drink quickly. She was thirsty and didn’t want him to try and steal another drop of her drink.

Ian leaned his head over her right shoulder while his left arm swung over her other shoulder. “You don’t want me smelling like whiskey when we’re dancing up close, do you?” he asked, making his voice low and husky.

Kia rolled her eyes, “You still smell like it.” His body was warm against her back. She had always worried that the conduction might just set her ablaze somehow.

“Oh? Maybe I just need another sip,” he reach down for her drink, but Kia quickly chugged down the last quarter that was left.

Kia placed her glass down and sighed happily to herself.

“You’re so stingy,” Ian said, sounding a bit whiny.

Kia pushed back and spun around. “And you’re so cheap,” she snapped, glaring at Ian, who had taken a step back.

After a couple of seconds of glaring at each other, Ian laughed it off and held out one hand, palm up. “Now, shall we?”

Kia sighed in annoyance and just placed her hand in his. A dance had been promised.

Ian led her to the dance floor. It was crowded but not so much that you had to squeeze and push your way through. He stopped somewhere near the middle of the dance floor and turned around. “Is this good?”

Kia stumbled into him.

“Whoa,” Ian steadied her, “a little drunk already?” Ian asked with an overly amused expression.

“Just a little bit.” She held up one hand, measuring out about a centimetre of a gap with her thumb and index finger. “We did a bit of pre-drinking.”

Ian chuckled at her. “See, in my experience, when a girl says they are a little bit drunk,” he measured out one centimetre with his big hand, like Kia had, “they are actually this much drunk,” he expanded the gap about 12 times bigger.

“Pssh, yeah right,” she said sarcastically and laughed because she thought there might be some truth to that. “Now...” Kia said, placing one hand on his shoulder and leaned into him. “Did you want to dance or not?” she whispered in a low voice, cocking an eyebrow.

Ian smirked, his signature cute smirk, “Of course.”

Kia smiled devilishly. “That’s what the drink paid for...” she whispered last before she started swaying to the music. It was a statement of insurance that clarified that dancing with him was only service in trade for the drink, not for pleasure.

Dancing was one of Kia’s specialties; she loved to dance. She was pretty confident that Ian would fall for this one so easily. But then again, he has already fallen for a dance trap before. He seemed pretty confident about this. Could he be prepared? Does he have a trick up his sleeves? No... Any ways it doesn’t matter. I have my getaway all planned. A drink for a dance. He can’t trap me that easily, Kia thought.

Their bodies were pressed up against each other, moving as one. She had her back against his front. He rested his hands on her hips as she gridded up against him. Kia had to admit that the half-a-head of a height difference made him a perfect dancing partner, but it also gave him the advantage game-wise. He was breathing in her ear and down her neck, which were Kia’s weaknesses.

“Did you change your shampoo or something,” he whispered in her ear with obvious extra exhaling. “Your hair smells more fruity than usual.” He slid one hand up to her waist, just below the bust line. He knew Kia wasn’t a fan of hair products. Her hair was naturally wavy and she liked it that way.

Kia tilted her head closer to his face, “I did. How nice of you to notice. I ran out of my usual recently.”

Kia turned around, but Ian’s hands stayed on her, at her sides. She ran her hands up his chest and grabbed the collar of his shirt. She leaned face close to his chest, trailing up to the side of his neck. Kia blew a small puff of hot air into his ear, making him shudder for a second. “You don’t smell any different,” she said, hovering very close to his face. He had a sweet and earthy scent that she’d gotten a little too use to. She turned to face him. His hot breath caressed her lips and she could still smell a hint of whisky.

Kia held the 7 cm distance between their lips. She saw him taking glances down at her lips. There was that look in his eyes: focused, yet unfocused. She knew that he wanted to kiss her and the bad thing was that she kind of wanted to as well. They hadn't played this game lately because of school. Many teachers tired to have projects due before the break so that students can have more time to enjoy the week. She thought back to the last time their lips met. We’ll have to see how long you can hold out.

Kia wrapped her one hand around the back of his neck and ran the other through his soft wavy hair. Good thing he wasn't a big fan of hair product either.

He tightened his arms around her slender body, but not so tight that they couldn’t dance.

She pressed her chest to his, tilting her head back a bit and bite her lip seductively.

Ian grabbed the back of her neck, pulling her face 3 cm closer.

Kia felt her breath fall short. Not fair! She maintained her calm, yet sexy, expression. She had the advantage of being a girl (more self-control) but she had more –and the most obvious— weaknesses: breathing on the ear/neck and hands on the face/neck.

Kia drew her face 3 cm closer, held it for 3 seconds, and then tilted her head, running her cheek along his jaw line. He was neatly shaved. She mentally sighed in relief when she wasn’t facing him. What to do now? She ran one hand down his chest and the other through his hair some more while thinking. Crap, I’m out of tricks... what else... She looked out into the crowd and spotted Jess, her best friend, in her bright red dress. She was staring at Kia with a mixed expression of shock, disgust and anger.

Jess noticed Kia looking her way and mouthed ‘what the fuck’, looking obviously peeved.

Kia mouthed ‘help’ twice to Jess and saw her roll her eyes, looking reluctant. Kia had no choice but to wave the help flag. The white flag was not an option. She saw Jess moving towards her. Kia moved to face Ian again, giving him a smothering stare. Sorry boy, she thought.

Jess came around and tapped Ian on the shoulder. She was just two inches shorter than him in her pointed-toe flats. He automatically loosened his hold on Kia. “Excuse me. I need to borrow Kia for a little while,” she said, attempting to smile apologetically.

Ian gave Kia a suspicious glance. “For what?” He raised an eye brow at Jess.

“There are feminine issues that need to be addressed.” She ran a hand through her long blonde hair. It was a nervous habit. “Do you want more details?”

Ian looked at Kia again and she just shrugged innocently. He let go of Kia and she stepped away, but then stepped back, leaning into him. “You owe me a couple of drinks for that...” she paused, hovering over his lips, “dance,” she whispered and then pulled away.

He chuckle, hanging his head before he looked back up at her. “Sure,” he agreed with a half smile.

Jess pulled her away, “Come on.”

“Thank you!” Kia said as soon as Ian and they were separated by a wall of people.

“You crazy bitch, you might as well be having sex on the dance floor,” Jess said, irritated.

“It looked that hot?” She laughed.

"Yeah." Jess replied curtly.

“Well, anyways, we never did it.”

“Pssh, that’s not what it looked like the first time we found you two together.”

St. Patrick’s Day, Kia thought, that’s when it started.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear your comments