The Game of Seduction

He's Not Jealous

-- Ian's POV

After Kia left with Jess, I went to find the friends that I came with. I only found James, who was standing by the bar. He was flirting with two girls: a blonde and a red head. They were both very hot. James doesn’t stand a chance, I laughed to myself.

I went up to him, thinking that I should be a good friend and help him out. We bought the girls drinks and we chatted with them for a bit. I diverted my attention on the blonde more, knowing that James had a thing for red heads.

While talking with them, I couldn't help but think if Kia was looking for me. I was a bit upset that Jess, came in and dragged her away. I was so close to winning. I just needed one more minute. I never really liked Jessica Newland. She's hot like a friggin Sports Illustrated model but she always gives me that I-don’t-like-you look, especially after the game started with Kia. Before, she never really responded to me when I tried to flirt with her. Oh well, I play with her, not her friends. It doesn’t matter if they like me or not as long as they don’t get in the way.

I glanced over into the crowd of dancers and my eyes focused onto a familiar head of wavy brown hair. She was dancing with a tall blonde guy. I couldn’t see her face but the back of her black dress and her height was like Kia’s.

I glanced over ever so often and after a few minutes, I finally saw her face. It was Kia Reynolds. She was laughing and dancing as the guy whispered in her ear and held her close.

My hands balled into a fist and my jaw tightened. She said she had something to do with Jess, but now she’s dancing with some guy. Damn, I wanted a second round. When I saw her tonight – looking so beautiful- I was so confident that I was going to win. Now, how can I get my second chance? I can’t just cut in while they are dancing. Not because it would be rude, but it would make me look desperate or jealous.

We ended up losing the two girls. I wasn't paying attention. Kia was distracting me even though she probably didn’t even know that I was standing right here, watching her.

James started bitching at me for ruining things. The two girls had gotten a text and said that their friends needed something. James and I weren’t noobs at this. We knew all the plays in the book. There was only about a 40% chance that the text was real based on the progress we had earlier.

“Sorry man,” I said, not looking at him. “They weren't that good looking anyways,” I lied.

“What’s up? You keep staring at the dance floor,” James said and followed my gaze. “Oh, isn’t that Kia over there?” He asked, pointing at her.

“Don’t point, idiot,” I pulled his hand down and turned my body slightly so that I wasn't directly facing Kia.

“Pssh. Are you jealous that your little toy is playing with someone else?” James asked, amusingly.

I gave him a sideways glare. “I’m not jealous and she’s not my toy.”

“Then what is she? I never really got what you guys are. Actually, I don’t think anyone at school does.”

“We’re... playmates,” I said. We're playmates in this little game of seduction.

“Bed buddies? Man, I didn't think she was the type. Sure, she's pretty, but I remember her being kinda shy and stuff. Oh wait… lately she has been acting more confident, kinda sassy too. I see it in the way she walks around in the halls. She’s lookin’ sexier these days too." James seemed to be getting a little too excited talking about Kia.

"I didn't think she had the spunk in her either." It's like she's coming out of her shell. "Boy, was I wrong… And I said playmates, not bed buddies.”

“You guys never slept together? You’re shitting me,” James said, incredulous.

“We play. Simple as that. The details are none of your business.”

“Obv you’ve tapped that. I bet she’s a good fuck, right? She has a sweet little tight ass. She's probably –”

“Man, shut up. Do I say so much about who you play with?” I said angrily.

“Ok, ok," James held out his hands, a bit surprised by my reaction. "But wait, why do you always use the word 'play' when you’re talking about her? You’ve never really used that word with girls before. What is the game that you two are playing?”

I didn't expect him to ask something like that. “’Play’ is the best word for it. What we do is fun; for fun. It's just us messing around and playing game with each other. The game is… a bit like sexual tug of war. ”

James cocked an eyebrow. “That sounds like a type of foreplay or something.”

I laughed. It sort of is something like that. The goal of the game is starting to get obscured these days. What are we doing?

“Well, now your playmate is playing with someone else. Aren't you jealous?”

“No. Why would I be?" We're playmate. I looked over at Kia again. "It's just a game that we play. Nothing serious there," I said dully. "She’s free to do whatever she wants or whoever she wants.”

Just then, Kia’s eyes connected with mine. I saw the smile on her face fade a little. It happened in just few seconds but it felt like a minute. I felt my chest tighten. She looked away and dragged the tall guy to the bar. She made sure to go to the opposite end from where we were.

“Man, she saw you and just ignored you,” James laughed.

“So what?" I said, letting my annoyance show a bit. I have no claim on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you like getting into Ian's head? Comments?