The Game of Seduction

The Challenge: Sex

Kia walked across the sitting area, ducking under some draperies and lights that hung low near the building columns. She squeezed through the crowded area between the dance floor and the bar. Looking out into the dense mass of hot dancing bodies, Kia spotted a head of deliciously messy, dark brown hair and a strikingly handsome face. Ian. He was dancing with a blond in a dark blue dress.

He seems happy, she thought. Looks like he's really into her. They were clinging closely to each other. Or wants to get into her panties. Kia felt a little uncomfortable staring at them. It felt like her blood was stirring within her. Awkward … She looked away and continued towards the long hallway where the washrooms were.

This isn’t jealousy. It’s just weird. We don’t have feelings for each other. We’re just playmates. I don’t even know if we’re considered friends or not. We’ve chatted a few times – here and there – in the short one month, or almost a month, that we’ve played this game, but I still don’t know that much about him.

I've known him since high school started.
They had gym and art together right off the bat and had at least one class together each year. All girls think he’s hot and most guys think he’s alright. Teachers like him alright too, I think. He talks quite a lot in class though, so I assumed the teachers don’t hate him because he gets good grades. He does have the smart-ass attitude and that wise glimmer in his eyes. Sometimes Kia would get lost in the vastness of those brilliant blue eyes. He’s witty that’s for sure. Ian was just as snappy with his comebacks as she was.

Kia has heard many rumours about him. He was a ‘player.’ He’d been popular since the very beginning. There were a lot of people in our grade that came from his elementary school. Girl’s hovered around him like moths to a flame, but sadly they all get burned in the end. Besides his heaven-sent good looks, he is also the captain of basketball team. That just spells popularity and potential player.

Kia hadn't thought much about him before. Sure I’d thought that he was one of the hottest guys in school, but he wasn’t my type. He was too cocky, loud – simply annoying – and a big flirt. He hung around his friend, which the majority were players too, and talked about sports and the latest girls that have fallen for their sweet talk and damn good looks. Gross. And now, half the school thinks I’m one of those girls.

Some people think that he’s playing me, but hell no! I’m playing with him. It takes two to play this game: a game of seduction. I admit though, this is a stupid game – as Jess would call it. It gets me nowhere. I don’t want him, so seducing him really gets me nothing but a feeling of victory; something that I can rub in his face and feel good about myself. It's fun, for sure. Very self-satisfying. Being complacent; that is my new way of life... or at least until fall comes and I go off to university.

I’m not too sure why he wants to play this game with me though. It seems that it slowed down his player... activities? Yeah, that’s a good word for it. All his friends either hated me for ruining his reputation or admire me for being able keep him coming back to me.


Ian never really stuck with a girl for too long. His flings were at most 2 or 3 weeks long. But there was one exception: Kayla Lambert. Rumour around the school is that they had known each other since elementary school and they’ve been on and off, even before high school. They would be in a relationship for a month or so and then break up, but they always remained good friends and just return to their promiscuous lifestyles.

Kia heard that the last time they were together –before March – was the longest they’ve ever been together and it didn’t end well. They hardly talked anymore and Kayla started dating one of his best friends and fellow basketball teammate, Matt. He was one of the top 5 hottest guys in school. A player no doubt. How did he manage to steal Kayla from Ian?

Kia washed her hands at the washroom’s sink. There are probably a lot of girls that would be so happy if they could play this game with Ian. She sighed. The game was fun but it gets pretty tiring sometimes. Maybe that’s the problem... It would be easy for him to seduce those girls and get them in bed.

I guess I've never really thought of it. Kia turned off the water, a little surprised by her revelation. I've created a challenge for him. I’ve played him and refused him so many times in the beginning. I've made it interesting.

There was no one in the washroom to see her standing there, staring down at the faucet. It's sex. That’s what he wanted from the beginning. If I give him that, then… there is nothing challenging left in this game. Is that the underlying purpose of this game for him? Wow. Kia looked up into the mirror, staring at herself: rosy cheeks, furrowed brow and lips in a frown. That’s how the game will finish, unless either one of us calls it quits, it will end with my defeat.

Kia jump when she saw the door swing open in the reflection of the mirror. Two giggling girls came in along with the blaring music. She composed herself and dried her hands.

Kia walked out and pulled her phone out from the little pockets of her dress. She didn't feel like going back to John. It was just pass 12:30 AM. She was half way done texting Jess to find out where she was when someone blocked her path. She looked up and found Ian standing two feet in front of her in the hallway. It surprised her more than it should have. She felt a bit perplexed, considering what she was thinking about less than a minute ago.

Ian stared down at her, not saying a word.

“Hey...,” Kia said awkwardly. He took a step towards her and she automatically stepped back. “What?” She questioned, confused by his silence. Something was weird about him. The hallway was dim and the closest light was shining behind him, making it harder to read his expression.

Ian took another step towards her and she was about to step back, but in swift move he wrapped an arm around her waist and pushed her against the wall.

“Ah, Ian,” she cried out, feeling the pain in her right shoulder blade as it hit the wall first. Before Kia could cuss at him, he roughly laid his lips on her.

Ian pinned her to the wall, pressing his body against hers. His body was hot against hers. His one arm stayed around her waist while the other hand clasped the side of her face. He was aggressive with the way he kissed and touched her. He knew Kia liked a bit of aggressiveness, but suddenly doing that was not so great.

It pissed her off that he would just attack her like that out of the blue and especially when he was just dancing with and probably kissing another girl. Either way, before she knew it, she was already kissing him back even though she was still trying to push him off of her. She had missed his lips. It had been a busy week with school stuff and they hadn’t played in a while. Plus, John had gotten her kind of excited earlier. Kia felt like she was going to melt in his grasp. He was smothering her with his kisses.

She enjoyed it, but hated it. Damn, who the hell does he think he is? Kia thought, sill angry with him and with herself for reacting to him. He was just with some other girl and now he comes looking for me. Did he get rejected or something? I'm not your go-to girl! Kia hated being second pick, a fall-back. That's what she was to Dylan. When there was no one better, he would go looking for her.

Kia had met Dylan Green in summer school and fell for his charms. She wasted half a year liking him, even though they only went out for a couple of months before winter break. From experience and what people tell her and really just common female sense, she would never allow herself to like a player like him.

Kia pushed Ian away, but he was still just inches away from her face and had his arm around her waist. She hated how he never budges when she pushes him.

Ian stared at her, a little confused and irritated. Kia rarely ever stopped him so bluntly.

"I'm not in the mood to play with you," she said angrily and pushed pass him.

"Wait, why's that?" He grabbed her arm and pulled her back around to face him. "You want to go back to that tall guy you were with?"

Kia shook off his hand, which hurt her elbow a bit. Shook too hard. "Yeah, we're gonna go have sex in the backseat of his car," she said with seriousness, although it should have been more sarcastic.

"Yea, right," Ian laughed without humour. "You're like incapable of having sex."

"I'm a girl. I'm always capable, unless I had my vagina removed! It's just impossible with you," she said, glaring up at him with all seriousness.

Ian’s eyes hardened, glaring down at her. His face was difficult to read. They glared at each other in silence for a few seconds.

Ian’s eyes softened a little before he scoffed. "Just stay protected," he said, sounding indifferent. "I don't want to catch some STD from you."

Kia clenched her jaw, but maintained her composure. "Of course. I just hope that you keep that courtesy in mind for me," she quickly turned around and walked away, not waiting to see if Ian had anything else to say.