The Game of Seduction

Things We Might Regret

-- Ian’s POV

Oh fuck, my head. It was pounding like crazy. I rolled over to lie on my back so that I wasn’t facing a wall of fabric. Where am I? I squinted at the white box beam ceiling in the dim room. I rolled off the couch that I was sleeping on and into a sitting position, causing my head more ache. Staring at the living room, I finally remembered where I was and kind of what happened last night. I chuckled. Fuck. I was at, fellow basketball teammate, Blake Young’s giant house up in the Hills, an expensive housing neighbourhood. There were 5 people passed out in the living room and one couple making out in a club chair in the corner. I don’t remember girls being here last night. Blake was just having a little party with the guys, mostly buddies from the team.

I got up from the couch and immediately got a massive head rush. I sat back down, feeling like shit. I hadn’t been this hung over in a long time. How much did I drink? I rubbed my forehead with my hand. It had to be a lot for me to not remember girls arriving at the party. I could still smell alcohol in the air and a little bit of vomit too.

I pulled out my phone to check the time, but it was dead. The curtains were drawn, making the room dim, but it wasn’t dark so it had to be day time. I got up again and tip toed around the half-dead people in the room. I walked by the couple making out. It was James and some brunet that I wasn’t sure if I knew. “Get a room,” I whispered as I left.

I turned into the kitchen, which was in a mess. The microwave clock said it was 12:26. The bright sunlight was pouring into from the French doors that lead to the backyard. That was when I spotted the girl lying down on the dark hardwood floor. When someone is passed out at random places, you have to check that out, check to see if they are alive. I went and crouched down next to the girl. Her blonde and pink hair was covering her face. She was lying awfully still. I moved her hair to reveal her face. Pretty girl, but I didn’t know her. I put a hand close to her face and felt her breathing. Good. I got up and was half way out the room before I turned back around. I gently pick up the girl and carried her into the living room.

“What are you doing?” A guy asked from behind me. I turned. It was James, who had noticed me through all the face sucking. I placed the girl down on the couch that I was sleeping on. She was still unconscious through all that. “Nothing,” I walked up to him and the girl that was straddling him.

“Aww, aren’t you sweet,” the brunet said, beaming up at me.

I just smiled at her. “So, what happened last night? I hardly remember anything. Where did the girls come from? I don’t remember them dropping by.”

“It was fucking epic last night,” James said with a grin. “Blake invited the girls late last night. They go to a private school in the Hills.

Rich girls. I used to live up in the Hills as well, with my parents and then with my mom since she got me and the house in the divorce. Now that my mom started her own business, she’s always away in New York so I moved in with my dad in his big condo. “Oh,” I said, not remembering anything past 1 or 2 AM.

“You don’t remember? You were flirting and sucking face with a lot of them,” James said.

I tried to think back to the last thing I remember, which was really a hard task. I remembered doing shots with someone and ... “Oh man! Was there a game of strip poker?” I remember sitting around a poker table with some guys and girls, but couldn’t remember who.

“Yeah,” James said. He and the brunet both laughed. “That was interesting,” she said.

“I didn’t do anything really embarrassing last night, did I?”

James shook his head, “I don’t think so.” The girl shook her head too.

“Ok, good enough,” I shrugged. “You guys can continue,” I said before walking off to look for the washroom. I opened the door, but was the laundry room. I suddenly remembered something, like I was in there last night... with someone. Oh, shit, I chuckled. I might have gotten a blow job or two last night. I found the washroom, the door next to it, and cleaned up. I left quickly and quietly. The others could help Blake clean up.

--

The apartment was empty. It’s Sunday alright. I’m usually hungover and my dad is not home to see it. He actually doesn’t go into the hospital for work until the evening on Sundays. Usually, he goes out golfing, sometimes I do get invited. Now a day, he’s probably out with his new girlfriend.

After taking two Advils for my hangover, I showered. By the time I finished with my shower, my headache was gone and I remembered some things that happened last night. I didn’t recall anything embarrassing happening. There were definitely two blowjobs. One was from a sexy brunet in the laundry room.

Speaking of sexy brunets, I wonder if Kia had fun last night at that punk kid’s birthday party. Jeremy went to that instead of Blake’s thing. What a stupid kid. How much fun can Strikes be? There is just bowling and pool. Oh yeah, there is an arcade too. That was fun actually. I beat Kia at air hockey. I knew there was no way that she could beat me. I rock at air hockey. “She owes me a date,” I said with bright eyes and a big ass grin. I had totally forgotten about it. Should I use it soon? Or perhaps I should save it for later, like when she gets mad at me? But like seriously mad at me because she actually get mad at me quite often.

I wondered what Kia was doing today. I should text her. I grabbed my phone. Dead. Never mind. I just hooked up my phone to charge. It’s Sunday. She’s probably suffering through small talk with her parents. We were quite similar. Both of us had never really been parented while growing up and had learned to be independent at a young age. She at least had a brother and her parents were together, but we both do enjoy the freedom of our parents not caring too much about what we do.

My phone rang and vibrated on the table, breaking my train of thought. It was Kayla. I stared at my phone. Should I pick up? I don’t want to hold a grudge or anything, but I do feel that things have changed. We were great friends, compatible in many ways. We’ve been on and off for about 5 years, since grade 8. It would be hard for me to say that I don’t love her. Fact is: she betrayed me with one of my close friends. I don’t blame Matt though. I know how Kayla could be. We were those kind of people: deceitful, unreliable and promiscuous, but I believed that we were better than that at the least. For a fling, we don’t mess with each other’s close friends. And we were still together...

With all that history we have together and our similarities, I thought that we might just end up together one of these days. I really thought that when we were in a relationship the last time. Besides the 7 months we were together in the 8th grade, that was the second longest time that we’ve been together. Fours months. I felt like that it was special that time. I thought she did too, but apparently not.

It’s been 2 weeks since she and Matt had ended things and she had started to talk to me again, even though I was the one that was avoided her in the first place. I’m worried that she would want to start anything new. I don’t know if I want to again. I’ve lost the one little bit of trust that I did have in her. I’m not sure we could just fall back into being close friends like we use to be. Plus..., there is Kia.

My phone stopped ringing. I sighed. What do you want Kayla? I turned around and my phone rang again. I sighed with a humourless chuckle before I picked up the call. “Hello?”

“Hey! Took you long enough,” Kayla said, sounding annoyed.

“Yeah, sorry. I just came out of the shower,” I lied. Was it wrong that lying to her was like the naturalist thing, or what? “What’s up?”

“Nothing, that’s why I called. You wanna hang? I’m hungry. Have you eaten yet?”

I smiled. The way she talks. It’s like she has to say what she’s thinking or else she’ll forget. I don’t know if I should call her shameless or talented in talking so casually and carefree whenever she wanted. “Sure, I’m hungry.” As if on cue, I felt my stomach twist in agreement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ian's POV continues...
Comments? Subs?