The Game of Seduction

Confronted  

It took Kia 10 minutes to get out of the intensive interrogation and try to convince Jess and Devin that there was no sex and that what did happen was simply the result of a lot alcohol and a minor concussion.

It was about 3:30 in the morning when they parted ways. Jess went to sleep in Devin’s sister’s room. Devin went down to the basement to check up on some kind of a video game tournament that had started. Kia convinced them that she was going to grab something to eat and then go sleep in Devin’s room.

Kia stepped into the kitchen and it was a mess. There were chips and red plastic cups everywhere. The main floor was pretty much empty besides a hand full of people hanging around and the 5 or so many people passed out in the living room.

She wasn't actually hungry, but she was hoping that Ian would still be around so she could give him a piece of her mind. She had to make sure that he doesn’t go blabbering to people about what happened, or worse, what didn't happen. Kia didn’t see him anywhere so she just grabbed a cup of water and went out to the patio for some fresh air. He probably isn’t a kiss and tell kind of a guy... maybe?

Kia walked out into the warm, windless Californian night. There was a guy out there leaning against the patio railing, smoking. Kia contemplated if she should just go back in, avoiding conversation, or just go out there and avoid conversation anyways. Just as she was about to turn around, she realized that the guy's dark green t-shirt and green plaid shorts looked familiar. It’s Ian!

“You little jerk,” Kia grumbled, stomping over to him.

Ian turned around, cigarette in mouth, and looked a tad surprised to see Kia. “Oh, little Kia,” he smiled mischievously, leaning back against the railing, “did you want seconds?”

“No!” She yelled and blushed a bit, but he wouldn't be able to tell in the dim lighting. “What the hell were you saying before?” Kia glared up at him, standing just two feet away from him.

“What?”

“When we were in the hallway, you made it sound like...” Kia paused to take a look around to make sure that no one was around. There wasn't but she lowered her voice anyways, “you made it sound like we had sex.”

“Did I? I was just stating facts,” he said. He took a long drag of his cigarette before he put it out on the underside of the wooden railing. He was courteous enough to exhale the smoke away from Kia.

Kia blushed again. So, he thought it was actually great...? No way. “Yeah right, you just didn’t want to hurt your own pride. You didn’t want people to know that a girl got away from you.” He was probably the biggest player in the school. He always conquered. There were no stories of failures.

“Making out for 20 minutes, all hot and naked-”

“Half-naked,” Kia corrected.

Ian laughed, “Yes, well it’s not bad,” he leaned his head closer to her. “It’s a good story to tell. With or without sex,” he whispered.

“You...,” Kia shoved him into the railing with both hands, “... will not whisper one word about tonight,” she said in a low, harsh tone. “Or else,” she narrowed her eyes at him.

“Or else what?” Ian questioned playfully.

She grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him down to meet her at eye level. “I would have to beat the crap out of you,” she threatened.

Ian pursed his lips, trying to hold it in, but burst out into laughter. “You really think so?”

“Yes,” Kia said seriously, bluffing like a pro poker player.

Ian laughed again, “You can’t even hurt a fly.”

“We've had gym together, have you forgotten?” Kia was clumsy and had bad aim but she had endurance and would go all out during games in gym. Sometimes she would be crazy competitive. She once accidentally broke a girl's arm in a game of soccer. Hip-checked her. She didn't even see Kia coming.

“Still though... hurting my reputation over yours? I don’t think so.”

“If you so much as to mouth one false word, I swear it, you will suffer,” Kia sneered in his face and shoved him into the railing again before she headed for the sliding doors.

“So I can tell people?” Kia heard him ask behind her but ignored it.

That manwhore... He better not make shit up or else... I’m gonna smash his car up with a baseball bat. Kia went back into the kitchen and looked around for any alcohol that remained. Wait, I don’t know what the hell he drives. Maybe I’ll see when he leaves later. No, why don’t I just beat him up. That’s what I said anyways. But what happens if he sues me for assault? Kia sighed angrily. Fuck, I don’t think I’m strong enough to even hurt him with a punch let alone beat him up. Gosh, what if he beats me up instead? Would he hurt me? Kia found a little bit of vodka left in a bottle and mixed in whatever kind of pop that was around. Maybe if I really pissed him off... he might. Oh! Then maybe I’ll just sue him, Kia laughed to herself. She shook her head and took a sip of her drink. It was a bit strong, but she didn’t mind. She just wanted to have a good night’s sleep

“What you drinking?” A familiar voice said from behind her.

Kia turned her head and saw Ian walking up to where she stood by the dining table. She automatically glared at him. “Coke,” she lied and gulped down the rest of the drink. Why lie?

Ian snatched the glass from her hand the second she finished. He sniffed the cup and shook his head at her. “Smells like vodka,” he teased and set the glass down. He picked up a bottle with a bit of pop left and sat down on a chair at the table, looking all smug. “Aren’t you drunk enough?” He downed the last gulp of pop left in the bottle.

Kia glared down at him. Maybe I should kill him now... “Whatever,” she rolled her eyes and turned around to leave.

“Wait,” Ian grabbed hold of her wrist.

Kia froze in mid-step. She didn't like his big hand around her wrist. It made her feel small and vulnerable. The heat from his warm hands was engulfing her entire arm. Kia turned slowly to face him. He was leaning out from the chair. Kia smirked, “Did you want seconds?”

Ian couldn't hold back a smirked of his own, “Maybe.”

“Maybe?” Kia questioned and then a mischievous smile crept up on her face. She walked up to him so that she was right between his legs. “Well then, maybe we should finish things.” She stared down into his brilliant blue eyes and rested her arms on either sides of his shoulders, “If you’re gonna lie to people about us having sex anyways, maybe we should just make it true.”

Ian's eyes widened with surprise.

“Right?” Kia lifted one of her legs and ran her shin across his inner thigh, resting her leg on top of his. She can still smell the smoke on him, but it didn’t bother her too much since she was use to her dad’s smoking.

“Uh... really?” he asked, incredulous.

Kia leaned closer so that they were at eye level and their faces just a couple of inches apart, “I’m asking you,” she whispered onto his lips.

Ian froze for a couple of seconds before he relaxed and wrapped his arms around Kia’s wrist. “Yeah, that would be nice,” he breathed and pulled her into his lips, kissing her with slight eagerness.

Kia flashed back to when they were making out early. It seemed so long ago. Damn, he’s such a good kisser. She tasted just a tiny hint of cigarettes and sweetness from the pop. Ian held her close to his body and Kia felt a tingly feeling in stomach and chest. She pulled away from his lips with a grin, “Fool, I said maybe.”

“Huh?” Ian looked dumbfounded.

Kia leaned back, but his arms remained wrapped around her waist. “Sorry, I’m gonna have to decline... again,” she said, feigning innocence.

Ian dropped his head, laughing, “You really are something else.”

She shrugged. “Well, if I’m not one thing, I’ve got to be another, right?”

Ian just looked up at her with a quizzical look.

“Anyways...” she unwrapped his arms from around her waist, “I’m off.” She turned around.

Ian grabbed her arm again, stopping her.

Kia decided that she really didn't like being grabbed by the arm. She turned back around, “Don’t tell me you want thirds...” Kia smiled smugly.

“Not quite,” he stood up. “I want to ask you about the first.”

Kia unconsciously leaned away from him a bit, “Huh?” She blushed slightly, recalling how the ‘first’ was.

He stared down at her with a very serious look in his eyes, “Were you going to have sex with me if we hadn't been interrupted?”

“What?” Kia went all wide-eyed, surprised by his question and his bluntness.

“You heard me,” he said, taking a step closer to her.

Kia stepped back, “Eh... well, I uh... was crazy drunk and had a concussion.” She avoided his eyes. “My mind wasn’t all there,” she tapped a finger to her temple. “Ya know?” She looked up at him but quickly averted her eyes.

“No, you’re not answering the question,” he said as he stared down at her, looking unpleased.

“Uh,” Kia looked away. “No,” she answered as she turned away from him.

“Wait,” he tugged on her arm, causing her spin back around and face him again. “I won’t say a word about us, if you answer me truthfully. Would you have stopped me?”

“I answered already.” She turned her side to him and leaned her back the edge of the table. “Why are you so pushy?” She didn’t have the energy to deal with his right now.

Ian stepped in front of Kia and placed his hands on the table on either sides of her. Kia shrunk back into the table. “Look me in the eyes and answer. Would you have stopped me?” He lowered himself so they were at eye level. He stared intensely into her green eyes as if that alone could draw the answer out of her.