The Game of Seduction

She's Not Jealous

--Mid April, Club Mix

It was so not like me to have done any of those things with Ian that night. He tempted me, annoyed me and… simply provoked me. Kia sighed as she leaned against the railing of the second floor balcony, looking down onto the bar and dance floor below. It was crowded down there, but not quite the dense, hot mess that it usually get later onto the night.

“Hey, let’s get a drink,” Jess suggested from beside Kia. Jess had helped her retreat before she lost her restraint and lost the game.

“Nah, Ian owes me drinks. Why use my own money?” Kia said, looking down at Ian. He was by the bar with James and they were talking to two girls, a blond and a red head.

“Isn't one game enough for tonight? I’m not going save your ass again.”

“Jess...” Kia turned to her, pouting.

“What?” Jess was getting annoyed with her.

“You’re mean,” Kia pouted. “And you probably won’t have to help me again. I'll win the next round,” Kia said with determination as she looked back down at the crowd.

“Girl, you’d been on such a big losing streak before.”

That’s right. He’s smart, strategic and he figured out all my weaknesses. I’ve got to step up my game.

Jess slung an arm over Kia’s shoulders and followed Kia's line of sight. “Don’t you get jealous when you see him flirting with other girls?”

“Huh?” Kia turned to Jess with a laugh. “No, I don’t like the guy. I just... like to play with him.”

“Yeah, right,” Jess said sarcastically, giving her a sideways glare. “It’s obvious you like him or else you wouldn’t be doing half the stuff that you guys do.”

Kia glared down at the unknowing Ian. “Yeah, I like him, like enough to not mind what we do, but not enough to get jealous about whoever he flirts with or even sleep with. It’s not like I want to sleep with the guy.”

Jess burst into laughter. “Kia, have you seen your face when you’ve your arms wrapped around that guy? It’s kinda gross.”

Kia pursed her lips and glared at her, “It’s called acting.”

“Acting my ass,” Jess said, suddenly upset. “It’s such a stupid game.” She slapped Kia in the arm and turned around.

“Oww, Jess,” Kia whined and rubbed her arm even though it didn't hurt. Jess turned around and headed towards the bar that was on the second floor. Abusive bitch... she frowned. Why is she so angry? Kia followed Jess – the tall, blonde in the short red dress – through the crowd. Could she secretly like Ian or something? OR! She likes me? Kia laughed out loud at her own mental rambling.

A tall guy suddenly popped out in front of her, making her stop abruptly in a half step. “You have a great smile,” he smiled down at her. He was a good looking blond in a grey-white plaid shirt that hugged him nicely.

Kia gave him a slightly suspicious look, “Thanks, yours isn't bad either.” She stared up at him with a flirtatious smile.

He grinned with a nod of his head, liking the complement. “Can I buy you a drink?” He offered with a sweet smile. “I’m John by the way,” he held out his hand for her.

Kia looked at his hand and glanced up at him again. She thought he was bit cheesy, but she does love free drinks. “I’m Kia,” she said and took his hand, but instead of a handshake, he brought her hand to his lips and kissed it.

“Nice to meet you,” he smiled again.

His smile is definitely his best trait, but he’s definitely made out of cheese. He led her by the hand towards the bar. She stared at his back. He looked good from behind too. After the drink and chatting up to me, he’s gonna want to dance. Kia rolled her eyes, but at least there won’t be any tactics involved. Gaming with Ian can be so exhausting.

She spotted Jess at the crowded bar, tapping her fingers impatiently on the wooden counter. Kia tugged John’s hand, and led him towards Jess. “I see my friend, come” she grinned and John was more than happy to follow. “Jess!”

Jess turned around and was surprised to see the tall John standing behind Kia.

“I made a friend,” Kia said happily. She noticed that Jess hadn't gotten a drink yet. Good. John, the gentlemen that he wishes to come off as, will offer to buy Jess a drink too. Kia introduced them to each other.

As Kia predicted, “What would you ladies like? It'll be my treat,” John offered.

“Aww, aren't you sweet,” Jess said. “You shouldn't.”

Jess, smart girl. Well played.

John, as predicted again, insisted so the he can gains some good points. Jess didn’t decline a second time. After the drinks and some small talk, Jess would make up an excuse for us to leave and we can get out of the drink and dance trade without a lost. That was their favourite play in the book, which was usually used for Jess, but Kia has played the ‘friend’ role enough to know to how it’s done.

Kia tapped Jess’ leg with her foot as the escape signal. On cue, Jess pulls out her phone and pressed a couple of bottoms,. “Oh, Kia, I just got a text from Rachael. She needs something. I gotta go.”

Wait, what about me? “Should I go too? Is she not feeling well?” Kia gave her a menacing look while her back was to John. That’s not the plan!

“Nah, I can handle it. You two should go dance,” Jess smiled, ignoring the threat in Kia’s eyes. “Bye.”

Oh, you bitch… “Bye.” What is she thinking?

“Would you like to dance?” John asked with his adorable smile.

“Sure,” she agreed. It can’t be too bad. He is cute. After talking for a bit, she had decided that he was not completely made of cheese.

John wasn't just good looking. He turned out to be good dancer too. Kia couldn't complain. It might not be as hot and fiery as dancing with Ian, but it was conformation and fun. John made her laugh by doing weird little dance moves and whispering things in her ear.

Kia had to admit, Jess did well this time. She was really enjoying herself.

It’s been a long time since she’d comfortably flirted with a guy that wasn’t Ian. There were random guys that did try to flirt with her at the clubs but they were always so eager and aggressive. Before the unexpected night on St. Patrick’s Day, Kia did have a couple of guys at school that flirted with her. Now that the rumours about her and Ian had spread throughout the school, they all backed off. Even some of her close guy friends acted weird around her, especially Devin, which hurt a lot. He was one of her best friends, but he disapproved of the game.

Even though they didn't really play at school, rumours still spread like wildfire. There were rumours that there was some black mailing going on, or one was simply playing with the other, and the most ridiculous one was that they were actually dating.

It was the last semester of her high school life. All she wanted was to have fun. She didn’t care for rumours as long as her friends were at least a bit understanding of her. She could care less about the rest of the people. She would probably never see them again when high school is done anyways.

They danced for a while and continued to joke around and laugh. She was getting more and more attracted to him. John was starting to lean his face very close to hers. He had that hungry look in his eyes.

Although she had grown quite comfortable with public displays of passion with Ian, she still didn’t feel so comfortable with kissing a stranger in the middle of a crowd. She did want to kiss him though, those lips that curl up into such an irresistible smile.

“Let’s grab a drink and sit down,” Kia suggested.

“Sure,” he smiled.

Kia turned around and dragged him along by the arm. She looked ahead and her eyes met with a pair of bright eyes: Ian’s eyes. He was still by the bar with James. No girls. Was he watching me? She quickly looked away and continued towards the bar, but made sure to go to the opposite end of the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love to hear your comments :)