Shut Those Legs Girl, It's Closing Time

Epilogue

"I don't know if I should-" I got off of Rayden's bed, and grabbed her brush off her night stand. "Here let me help." I muttered, running the brush through her chestnut brown hair. "How did you want your hair to look?" I asked. Rayden hummed and creased her eyebrows in thought. Over the course of these past months Rayden and I have become friends, close friends. When we weren't with our boyfriends, or at work, we were with each other. Oddly enough we understood each other in ways that others didn't.

"I just wanted it to be simple yet breath-taking." She decided, squirming around in her seat. I glanced around her room, biting down on my bottom lip. "Do you have a curler?" Rayden nodded, and got up, going to her bathroom. She had a date with Shayley, and I, being the obsessive girl that I am, had to jump at the opportunity to fix Rayden up. She entered her room her curler in hand, she handed it to me, and I plugged it in. "Any idea where he's taking you?" I asked, plugging the curler in.

Rayden shrugged, a small smile playing out on her lips. "He said it was a surprise." I waited for the curler to heat up before brushing her hair gently. I pulled her hair off her shoulders, "I'm going to curl your hair, it's not much, but it'll look gorgeous when I'm done." She nodded, and I began my work. Periodically I would glance at the time on her Ipod dock. It was 7:35 and Ken was coming by at eight, the same time that Shayley was coming for her. I finished around 7:50, smiling at my work. Rayden fluffed her hair softly, “It looks amazing, thanks Jae.” I laughed softly, “No problem Rayn, what’re friends for?”

“Helping each other prepare for dates.” She said, getting up from her seat. She began to collect items around her room that she would need for the night that included, her phone, and her camera. I picked up a tube of lip gloss, and held it out to her. “You are definitely going to need this.” I said with a wink. She laughed, and placed the tube in her pocket. We walked out of her room and stood in the living room waiting patiently for our boys to arrive. I heard an engine in the driveway, I secretly hoped it was Ken, so that I wouldn’t have to see Shayley when he got her. I peeked through the blinds and groaned quietly when Shayley stepped out of his mother’s car.

I sucked in a breath and strayed off by the side of the living room, I pulled my cell phone out. Are you on your way? I asked Ken. I played around with my phone, I felt as if I was scuffing Rayden’s floors from how much I was shuffling uncomfortably. I heard Rayden’s front door creak open, followed by a squeal. I looked up and saw her iron grip around Shayley’s neck. He looked at me, his face blank and void of all emotion. My heart beat sped up, I coughed nervously. “Well I’ll see you later Rayn.” My cell phone vibrated with a text from Ken. I’m outside  I literally ran out of the house and all the way down the driveway. Ken was leaning against the hood of his car, smiling straight at me. I threw myself at him, kissing him with all I had.

I pulled back, and stared at Ken’s shocked face. He smiled softly at me, and pushed my bangs out of my eyes. “What was that for babe?”

I shrugged, and laced my fingers with his. “I love you Ken.”

He laughed, “And I love you too Barbie.” I slapped his chest playfully, “-I mean Jaten.”

Ken opened the passengers door for me, “Let’s go out to eat, what’re you in the mood for?”

I winked, “You.”

“Maybe after, is Chili’s fine?” He said not denying me.

I nodded, “Chili’s is fine.”

He smiled and went around his car to get in. I glanced out of the window and caught Shayley’s eye. He smiled lopsidedly, and shook his head. I buckled my seat belt, and stared at the road ahead of me. I didn’t over analyze his actions. I just laced my fingers with Ken, and closed my eyes. I’ve done some things in the past I’m not proud of, but without all of those mistakes, I wouldn’t be where I am now.
♠ ♠ ♠
now we're done (;