Shut Those Legs Girl, It's Closing Time

06

I stood at the counter, leaning lazily over it, waiting for a customer or anybody to walk into the store. But nobody’s ever at Hollister on Saturday. Why? Because they’re all out surfing, and enjoying themselves at the beach. My head perked up when I heard the squeaking out wet flip-flops ring throughout the store. Ken, my co-worker, stepped behind the counter, ruffling his hair with a white towel. I turned around, resting my back against the counter, “Why hello there Ken, what’s up with the towel, didn’t have time to do your hair at home?”

Ken laughed, and dropped the towel onto the floor, kicking it out of sight. “Just got back from the beach, the waves are gnarly today bro.” I rolled my eyes, scoffing at Ken’s overjoyed expression. “Bro, who you calling a bro?” I mumbled turning around to face the register. Ken was a life-size Ken doll, no exaggeration. He was about 6 foot 3, and had blond surfer hair that most girls would die for. Blue eyes with a more than perfect face to frame them.

I groaned, and buried my face into my arms, closing my eyes and trying my hardest to fall asleep. I barely got the chance to close my eyes when I heard the all too familiar smacking of Shayley’s chucks on the linoleum floors that belonged to Hollister. I sat up, and was instantly met with a light peck on my lips. Shayley smiled, glancing at Ken quickly before looking back at me. “Jesus!” He exclaimed placing his palms on the counter, and leaning back on the soles of his shoes. “I’m going to need a gasmask and a flashlight to walk out of here alive!”

I laughed softly and sniffed the air a few times, “The scents not that strong.” Shayley scoffed, staring at me weirdly, “That’s cause you’re so fucking used to it.” He began to tap his finger on my forehead, “Every time you inhale you lose five I.Q points…that’s how strong this shit is…” I scrunched my face up, and placed my hand on Shayley’s cheek, “So that must mean you have none by now.”

Shayley pouted, and turned around, crossing his arms around his chest. I laughed softly, and reached out lightly touching his arm. Shayley moved forward stepping out of reach, I groaned, and hopped over the counter, wrapping my arms around Shayley’s waist. He tried to push my hands off of him but I held onto him tighter, “Baby.” I whined, drawing out the ‘y’

Shayley turned around and hugged me back, laughing. He kissed my forehead, “I love you Jae.” I snuggled my face in his chest, “I love you too Shay.” I heard Ken clear his throat from behind us, “I think you need to check stock in the back Jae.” I rolled my eyes and turned around, nodding towards Ken. Shayley frowned, “When do you get off work?”

“5:30.”

Shayley nodded, “I’ll be here to pick you up, mean while I’m going to go hang out with my mommy!” I laughed slightly, standing on the tips of my toes to press my lips against Shayley’s cheek. He smiled and leaned down to press his lips against mine, “See you later babe.” He brought his beanie down covering most of his forehead, and winked at me.

He pulled away from me and walked out of the store, leaving me and a very disgusted Ken. I walked towards the counter, going around it to sit on my stool. I heard Ken scoff from behind me, “Why the fuck are you dating him?”

My jaw dropped, and I was momentarily dazed at how blunt Ken was. I turned around slowly, locking eyes with him. His eyes were narrowed, and he folded the returns angrily and sloppily. I laughed softly decided to just ignore his comment. I turned back to the register, running my fingers along the buttons, until I felt Ken tap me on the shoulder. “Hey, hello, answer my question.”

I shrugged, curling a lock of my hair on my finger. “I don’t know, he’s cute, and sweet, he’s a great guy.” I heard Ken laugh sarcastically from behind me, and I just turned around my eyebrows creased in thought. “What’s the deal bro?” Ken sighed, and dropped the stack of clothes on the counter, and left, me being the persistent person I am, followed after him. I had absolutely no idea what was wrong with him, and obviously I wanted us to be cool, he worked with me after all, so I’d be seeing him everyday.

Ken weaved in between the racks of clothing, trying his hardest to ignore me. “Ken!” I shouted, catching up with him. I held him back, and turned him around. “What the fuck is wrong with you?” Ken rolled his eyes, and began flipping through the rack of clothes trying his hardest not to make eye contact with me. I groaned, and made my way to the front of the store, customers crowding through the doors. I stood by the counter lazily, picking at my chipped nail polish. I pulled my phone out and glanced at the clock, it was 2 and I had a long way to go.

I rested my head against the counter, when ken came out from behind me and started listing out every single problem he had with Shay and I dating. “He’s not good enough for you, he’s not your type…” Ken kept complaining for what seemed like hours when finally, he laughed sarcastically, and leaned towards me, “Why do you even love him anyway?”

I opened my mouth to answer but closed it shortly. There was so many things I found in Shayley that I had never found in another guy, but did any of them make me love him anymore than I already did? I sighed and bit down on my lip attempting to come up with a legitimate response as to why I loved Shayley. That’s when I figured out that there wasn’t one, so I just said ‘because I do’ and began coming up with reasons In my head, he was cute, funny, and he loved me with all his heart.

My last reason got me thinking, do I only love Shayley because he loves me? I doubt it, but that’s a definite reason.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't be butthurt over how long I took,
i apologize,
sowwi D;
I am shit with updating these days,
-.-
so enjoy.