Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Walkin The Streets With You

Part One

Squinting her way through the Californian sun she made her way to school; best years of your life my ass.

"Hey Kat! Wait up!" The voice shouting her name stopped her in her tracks and turned her around.

A smile tugged at the corner of her rosebud lips as the 6 people who made life worth living came into her view "Hey Bitches!" She grinned once they had caught up with her.

Brian - the tall one with tousled hair - slung his arm around her shoulders "Are you ready for this Kattie Baby?"

She stole a glance around the rest of the group for help, one eyebrow raised. Matt - the even taller muscular one - rolled his eyes.

"We've all had it," He shrugged, lacing his fingers with the only other girl in the group - Valary DiBenedetto.

"What Brian?" She sighed, deciding to play along with her friend's antics.

"The first day of our last year!" He announced, almost puffing his chest out with pride "We're seniors now."

"Meaning we have to grow up," Kat teased, poking him in the ribcage so he released her.

Jimmy - the even taller again skinny one - gasped in shock "Now come on Kat, we all know nothing to do with those two words will ever happen to us!"

She chuckled, suddenly noticing that Zach - the one who was more her height, slightly chubby and her no. 1 best friend - wasn't paying any attention to what was going on around him.

She also noticed the cell attached to his ear "Who's Baker chatting to?" She asked with a frown.

"Who do you think?" Val replied, her nose turned up in disgust.

"Alice," The guys all sighed together.

Kat's face fell for a few seconds before she composed herself - not wanting the others to notice her mood change upon the mention of Zach's girlfriend.

"She's, like, trying out, like, for cheer captain, like!" Val mocked, twirling a strand of hair around her pointer finger.

Kat rolled her eyes, linking her arm through Brian's she attempted a skip.

"Whoa there!" He laughed, pulling her back to his side "There will be no skipping to school!"

She pulled her tongue out at him "You're so boring Brian!"

*

She slammed her bag on the table in Art, glancing to her down looking best friend sat in the seat next to hers.

"Hi," She grinned, nudging his arm with her elbow.

A smile lip up his features, causing his emerald eyes to sparkle even in the dimly lit classroom "Hey you!"

She chuckled, not even bothering to listen to their teachers 'Back to School' speech "That's a smile I haven't seen in a while Zacky Boy!" It was also her favourite one, he called it the 'KatSmile' claiming she was the only one who caused it.

The two had known, and been best friends, with each other practically all their lives due to the close friendship of their families and the fact that they were next door neighbours.

"Where were you this morning anyway?" She asked with a frown, they usually met up at the end of their drives to walk to school together but she had waited 15 minutes that morning and he was a no show.

"I stayed at Brian's last night," He replied with a shrug.

She leant back in her seat, a frown pushing her eyebrows down. How could he have been at Brian's all night when she was on the phone, bugging the hell out of her 2nd best friend until at least 1am. "But..."

"Katherine Jacobs!" The teacher called across the room "Don't make me send you to the principal on the first day back!"

"Sorry Sir," Kat mumbled, still confused about Zach's lie. The teacher sent the girl - who was usually difficult and hard to manage with her quick wit and sarcasm - a shocked look.

Zach silently laughed from beside her.

*

"The two people you have been waiting for have finally arrived!" Kat exclaimed from Brian's back as they found themselves next to the group's usual bench. She sent the peroxide blonde decked in a tight fitted cheerleading outfit who was clinging to Zach a glare as she jumped from Brian's back and they both sat "I didn't know the hoe bag was joining us," She mumbled, only loud enough for the two sat beside her - Jimmy and Brian - to hear her and crack up with laughter.

"Huh?" Zach asked, wanting to be in on the joke.

Kat shrugged in faux confusion "I said Hi Alice, I didn't know you were joining us," She explained innocently, causing Jimmy and Brian to laugh even herder.

"What's up with those two then?" Zach asked in confusion, motioning to his two laughing friends.

"How the fuck am I meant to know?" She asked, kicking both boys under the table and forcing them to stop giggling "Private joke? Weed? I wouldn't put anything past those two."

"Hey!" Brian exclaimed, poking his friend in the ribcage "I resent that comment!"

"Well I resent your face."

"You did not just go there."

"I'm afraid I did Bitch!"

Alice rolled her eyes and got up from her seat "I'll have to go sweetie," She said, sending Zach a fake sad face. "I'll see you later," She added with a wink as she kissed him.

Kat and Brian paused their play fighting so she could fake being sick and he could laugh his ass off once more.

"You guys suck," Zach mumbled, a small smile on his lips as he continued to eat his lunch.

Kat sent him one of her best grins - nudging Brian to so the same "But you love us Baker Baby!"

*

"So, Brian Elwin Haner Jnr," Kat said, placing an arm around her friend as they walked home "How was your first day as a senior?"

"Fucking amazing!" Brian cheered "Do you fancy coming to mine tonight?" He asked, resting his own arm on her shoulders.

"Sure," Kat shrugged "But no trying anything Haner, I know how much you want this sexy bod!"

The dark looks on the over protective faces of Zach, Matt and Jimmy caused the two to burst into a fit of laughter. "He meant all of us you fucktards!" Kat laughed.

"I don't know," Brian winked, walking behind Kat with his arms wrapped around her waist "Maybe it should just be me and you eh baby?"

"Brian," Matt practically growled, him and Val knew and had been friends wirh Zach and Kat almost as long as they'd known each other and saw Kat as a sister "You..."

"Matt, he's joking," Kat giggled, noticing Val's eyeroll at her boyfriend's over protective nature.

"Here's our stop anyway Kat," Zach muttered, grabbing his best friend's hand and dragging her over to their homes.

"Goodbye lover!" she called over to Brian, blowing him a kiss.

"Can't wait to see you beautiful!" Brian called back, hand over his heart.

"What was that all about douche?" She asked as Zach stormed up his own driveway.

"Nothing," He grumbled "I'll see you at Brian's later though yeah?"

"Sure," She frowned opening her own front door "Hey mom!" She called before running up the stairs and throwing her bedroom door open.

Dropping her school bag to the floor she sighed, as much as she loved the guys and couldn't bear to be without them their silly overprotective moods sometimes grated on her nerves. She could - kind of - understand their worries over guys they had never met before but Brian?.

She wouldn't mind but her and Brian went through the same joke almost everyday.

Movement caught her eye and she glanced out of her bedroom window and straight into Zach's. He waved sadly and held up a piece of paper;

Sorry :(

She chuckled and rolled her eyes, holding up her own piece of paper;

You suck asshole ;)

He laughed, something else grabbing his attention for a second. Kat sighed when she saw his phone back against his ear.

She lay back on her bed, wasting time until it was time for her to leave for Brian's. A piece of folded paper caught her eye and she bit her bottom lip at the reminder. The note she didn't dare show him;

I Love You
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story :)

Any questions? I Gots A Formspring :)