Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

White Horse

"Kat?" Brian mumbled sleepily, realising his arms were empty the next morning.

"Go back to sleep," She whispered, placing a kiss on his forehead "I have something to sort out."

Brian frowned, eyes still tightly shut "You're going to see him aren't you."

"But I'm coming back to you. I promise."

*

Say you're sorry, that face of an angel
Comes out just when you need to
As I paced back and forth all this time
Cause I honestly believed in you


Zach greeted her at his door with a worried expression in his angelic face "Kat? Where have you been?!"

"We need to talk," She mumbled in reply, pushing past him and making the familiar route up to his bedroom.

Holding on, the days drag on
Stupid girl I should have known
I should have known


As she pushed his bedroom door open she noticed the pictures of him and Alice, him and the guys covering his walls. There was not one of her and him.

How did she not realise?

"What is is princess?" He asked, his brow furrowed with worry.

"Don't call me that."

I'm not a princess
This ain't a fairytale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood - this is a small town


"I heard you last night, at the party."

Behind his frown she noticed something other than confusion - unease? Panic? "W-what do you mean?"

"With Mike...about your two girlfriends?" Her tough exterior fell slightly as her voice cracked and tears slowly filled her eyes.

"Kat...I..."

Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around
Baby I was naive, got lost in your eyes
I had so many dreams about you and me...


The emerald eyes she had once allowed herself to get lost in were full of remorse "I didn't mean what I said."

"I don't believe you," She replied, her voice quivering with emotion "You're always going to be with Alice, will forever use me and I'm done with all that shit."

"Kat, no!" He exclaimed sadly, running his hands through his dark hair.

"I can't do it anymore! None of the dreams I wasted on you will come true!" She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose "You were my best friend Zach, I trusted you and all this time you were...using me!"

Tears filled his own eyes "I am your best friend KitKat! You can trust me!"

She rolled her eyes "What am I good for Zach? Driving you round? Lending you-"

And there you are on your knees
Begging for forgiveness
Begging for me
Just like I always wanted but I'm sorry


To cut off her sentence he pushed his lips to hers, snaking his arms around her waist.

Shock flooded her veins like ice cold water and, as soon as she was able to come to her senses, she placed her hands on his shoulders and pushed him away "I can't," She said as she shook her head slowly.

Zach frowned. "It's Brian isn't it."

Cause I'm not your Princess
This ain't a fairytale
I'm gunna find someone someday who might actually treat me well


When she didn't reply he groaned in anger and defeat, turning away from her "I told him not to go there!"

Anger quickly bubbled over the shock in her system "You're a twat Zach Baker. I'm just sorry it's taken me so long to realise."

"He'll hurt you too Kat!" He exclaimed in desperation "He's no angel."

This is a big world
That was a small town
There in my rear view mirror disappearing now


"I'm leaving to travel around the world in a few months time Zach," She answered, coolly and calmly "I think I'll be able to look after myself until then."

"I'll always be here for you KitKat."

She turned away from him, swinging his bedroom door open and storming down the stairs - ignoring his calls of her name.

And it's too late for you and your white horse
To catch me now...
♠ ♠ ♠
This song and video inspired this chapter. Im not sure why, it just did. So I had to include the song in the chapter :)

xo