Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

One Month

Senior year changes your life. Kat felt, as she glances towards her bedroom curtains that had been shut ever since her fight with Zach, like she'd grown up more than she ever thought she would.

A few weeks had passed her by, a few weeks of Zach being separate from the rest of the group - only joining them at band practise.

"Catch you later mom!" She called through the house before slamming the front door behind her.

A smile lit up her face as she spotted her group of friends - the best she could ask for - awaiting her arrival. Her heart swelling slightly when she saw Brian animately telling a story to anyone who would listen.

"Alright Treacle!" Jimmy greeted, being the first to notice her as usual, putting on his fake British accent.

"Jimbob," Kat nodded taking his outstretched hand into her own in a handshake. "Hey Buttercup, Mattykins," she grinned, a giggle emerging from her lips at Brian and Matt's unamused looks "Alright girlies," She greeted, falling into step with Val, Michelle and Leana, linking her arm through Val's.

"You okay?" It was Leana's turn to ask the usual, concern filled question.

She turned to glance at Brian, happiness filling her up as soon as her eyes met his "I'm great."

"have you two decided what you're gunna do?" Michelle asked, anticipation shining in the eyes of the three girls.

"I told you guys already! Every single day!" Kat exclaimed in amusement.

"Well, we keep hoping it'll change," Val huffed in disappointment "Staying friends until after your trip just isn't good enough Kat!"

This time Kat's smile was forced. She knew that, Brian knew that but, with her year long trip only around the corner, it was the only thing they could do...

*

"Hey you!" His voice sent a warmth through her body as he parked in the seat next to her.

"Buttercup!" She grinned, noticing he was alone "Where are the others?"

Brian frowned, almost reluctant to answer "They're at Zach's baseball practise."

"Oh!" Kat replied, attempting to keep her voice light and carefree. Zach was their friend as well; they had the right to go and watch him. She smiled softly as she felt Brian's arm slide around her waist "I'm sorry," She sighed, leaning into his side.

Brian frowned, his thumb rubbing comforting patterns through the fabric of her tshirt "What for?"

"For splitting the group up!" She replied, emotion lining each word "If it wasn't for me you'd be out there watching your best friend."

"But instead," He mumbled against her hair "I'm in here cuddling the prettiest girl in the room."

She blushed "You're the best Buttercup."

*

"...And then she..." Kat frowned as she opened the front door to her home. Boxes filled the hallway, overflowing with stuff. She turned to Brian, raising an eyebrow in confusion "Mom?"

"Hey honey!" Lucy greeted, emerging from the kitchen "And hey Bri."

"Lucy," Brian replied with an amused smile and a small wave.

"What's going on?" Kat asked wide eyed as she stumbled past all the boxes.

"All our stuff is going into storage so the people who'll be renting the house off us can have their own space," Lucy smiled, proud of her hard work "We're going in a month's time aren't we."

Kat's stomach dipped at her mom's words and she didn't dare look at Brian "One month?"

The older woman chuckled, patting her daughter on the shoulder "You better get packing sweetie!"

Kat froze on the spot. More time had passed than she realised...

One month left with Brian...
♠ ♠ ♠
Written up to chapter 23 and still on a roll with this story haha

Part Two starts on Chapter 14 ;)

Sevenfold xo