Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Graduation

"Katherine Victoria Jacobs."

She stood up nervously, sending a quick smile in Brian's direction - where he was sat with all the other H's.

Being fifth out of their friends to go up onto the stage - behind Brian, Chelle Val and Zach - she just wanted to get it over with.

"Thank you," She mumbled as she was given her scroll. A small smile came to her lips when she heard Brian whistle.

Glancing out to the crowd of students as she walked off stage she picked out her friends. The ones who had already been called up (in order); Zach, Michelle, Val and Brian, all looking relaxed while the ones who hadn't - Leana, Matt, Jimmy and Wendt - were twitching in their seats.

Once she sat back down she leant slumped in her chair, watching with a heavy heart as the rest of her friends were called up.

They were graduating High School.

Graduating

A lump of emotion formed in her throat as Brian sent her a wink. They were heading off to the graduation party then she'd be leaving with her mom on the midday flight.

The party would be the last time she's see her friends for a whole year.

12 months

52 weeks

365 days

8765 hours...


She took in a few, shaky, deep breaths, smiling sadly as Michelle sent her a huge grin from the second row where she was sat beside her twin.

How was she going to live without them?

*

"Chug! Chug! Chug!"

Kat, Michelle and Leana all squealed with laughter as Matt and Jimmy downed a jug of beer - Jimmy winning by a second.

Val looked slightly disgusted "He better not blame me for the hangover he's going to have in the morning."

"Chill out Vally," Kat smiled, squeezing her friend with one arm "If he does, kick his ass!"

Her friend chuckled, resting her arm around Kat's waist. "I'm gunna miss you so much KitKat," She sighed, resting her head on Kat's shoulder.

"I'll miss you too," Kat replied in a whisper, the lump of emotion in her throat was back, making it hard to speak.

Noticing this Michelle and Leana joined in with the hugging, which soon turned tearful.

The sound of someone clearing their throat caught their attention and they looked up to see Brian standing before them "Can I cut in? Steal Kat for a moment?"

"Of course," Leana sniffed, moving aside so Brian could take Kat's hand and lead her to the make-shift dancefloor.

She smiled and wiped her eyes as his hands rested on her hips and she recognised the song; November Rain by Guns 'n' Roses - her favourite.

"It's gunna be shit here without you," He pouted as she looped her arms around his neck and they began to sway slowly to the music.

"Don't start me off," She pleaded, her voice shaking and her bottom lip quivering "You've always been there for me and I'm so grateful."

"Even though you hated me when we met," He replied with a smirk, hoping to get a smile out of her.

A mixture between a laugh and a sob emerged from her throat and two tears managed to escape and roll down her cheeks "You did kick over my sandcastle..."

****

"Don't wander too far away guys, I'll just be here," Lucy warned the two six year year olds in her care as she stretched out on the towel lay next to them.

Katherine quickly busied herself in to making a sandcastle, her friend - Zachary - helping slightly with the odd shovel full of sand.

"Will there be a dwagon?" He asked, excitement gleaming in his emerald orbs.

She shrugged "If you wanna."

"Yes!" He celebrated "And there could be a knight who...hey! There's Bwian!"

Katherine frowned "Who?"

"Bwian! He's in my class at school."

Katherine glanced up from her bucket of sand to see a boy of their age wandering over, his brown hair shaggy and his eyes a chocolate brown. As her and Zachary attended different schools she had never seen him before.

"Hi," He greeted, sending a glance to the two adults following him "What'cha doing?"

"This is my fwiend KitKat," Zachary introduced "She's building a sandcastle."

A mischievous glint shone in Brian's eyes as he looked to the masterpiece the young girl was working on "I bet I can knock it down with one kick."

"No!" She protested but, without taking a slight bit of notice Brian raised his foot and kicked at the castle.

An annoyed groan came from Katherine's mouth. The castle she was working hard on reduced to a pile of sand. Anger towards the boy flooded her veins.

Oh how she hated him...


****

Brian chuckled at both the memory and the look on Kat's face that mirrored her six year old self.

"Don't laugh!" She exclaimed "I slaved over that castle for ten minutes!"

"I apologise." He replied, a sincere smile coming to his face. Leaning forward he placed a kiss on her nose.

"Brian, I'm so..."

"If you say sorry Kat..." He sighed, leaning his forehead against hers.

"But..."

To cut her off he softly placed his lips to her in their second kiss, his hands pulling her closer while hers nestling in his hair.

"Come back to me," He whispered against her lips, bringing her right hand up to cup her face.

"I promise."