Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Concert

"Chill out Skye," Kat mumbled, all her concentration on the small screen of her Blackberry.

"I can't help it! I- wait," The younger girl frowned "What're you doing?"

"Instant messengering."

"...Who?"

Kat bit her bottom lip "Uhm...Jasper?" She answered quietly, referring to her ex-boyfriend from the U.K.

"Jasper?!" Skye exclaimed with an eyeroll "Come on Kat! We're in the Avenged Sevenfold queue! Stop ruining it!"

"I'm not!"

"You will! You'll end up getting upset and crying and..."

"Okay!" Kat smiled, placing her Blackberry on silent and putting it in her pocket, just as the line of people began to move.

"I can't believe this is happening!" Skye grinned once they had handed their tickets in and were inside the venue "I'm so excited!"

Kat chuckled at the young girl's excitement, remembering the first time she had seen a live band with...with...she sighed, running her hands though her black streaked blonde hair "I'm gunna go get us a drink.."

"Okay!" Skye replied, following her step-sister but staying a decent distance away so her age wouldn't be questioned.

"Here," Kat said, handing Skye a paper cup filled with vodka and coke, which they both drank quickly.

The two slowly made their way through the crowds, Skye gripping onto Kat's hand as she pushed past the - already moshing - bodies.

"I Love You!" The younger girl shouted over the support act as the threw her arms around Kat "We're so close! We'll be able to touch Syn!"

Kat laughed, bracing herself against the barrier in front of her, also making sure she kept a tight hold on Skye's hand "They were good!" She called to her once the support act were finished.

Skye shrugged "Not as good as A7x."

The crowd jostled as time wore on - well stretching into half an hour. Screams and cheers only erupting from the crowd when the lights dimmed back down and the opening cords to the song Kat and Skye were singing along to in the car a few days previous burst from the amps.

It wasn't until the stage was lit up once more and the lead singer screamed "What's up LONG BEACH!" down the mic that Kat's heart near enough stopped.

"Fuck. Me," She breathed as she searched the five faces on the stage, recognising all but one.

"Told you they were hot!" Skye shouted back, jumping to the beat of the music.

*

She was freaking out. How where those guys who were rocking the stage and being adored by the hundreds the same dorky friends she had when she was 16? It just wasn't possible surely? How...

"Excuse me?"

She turned around, eyebrows raised, to see one of the security guys handing her two pieces of card. "What's this?"

He shrugged "Syn thinks you and your buddy are hot."

She sent him a disgusted look "She's 16!"

The man shrugged once more "He never asked for an age....listen lady, you coming backstage or not?"

Feeling white hot anger surge through her veins she nodded "Oh yes, I'll be there."

The rest of the set passed by in a blur, none of the songs Skye and the rest of the crowd screamed along to registering in her brain.

What the hell had Brian turned into?

"Helloo!" Skye giggled, waving her hand in front of Kat's face "Concert's finished, come o-wait!" she exclaimed, clutching at the two pieces of card in Kat's hands "W-what?"

"I stumbled upon them," Kat mumbled, allowing one of the security guys to lead them through a door and along a corridor. Skye squeezed Kat's hand in excitement.

"Ugh! How many times do I have to tell him?!" A familiar female voice floated down the corridor, Kat's heart raced "Don't give away backstage pass...ess..." The last word of Val's sentence as she came face to face with the two girls. Kat raised her hand in a small wave "Kat?"

Frowning in confusion Skye glanced from her step-sister to one of her idol's fiancée.

"Hey Val," Kat smiled as the newly blonde haired girl threw her arms around her.

"How've you been? Where've you been?!" Val asked once she let Kat go "Brian's been so..." Noticing a change in Kat's posture Val trailed off.

"Where is he?" Kat asked angrily, waling down the corridor in the direction Val had just appeared from. Skye and Val trailed close behind, exchanging quick introductions.

The three soon skidded to a halt when the familiar figure of a famous lead guitarist stepping into their path.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kat

Skye