Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

BBQ

"I can't believe I'm here," Skye whispered, she was squashed up between Val and Kat, the guys had just started a movie and were all laying in various positions - next to their girls - around Matt's living room.

Kat forced a smile in return as Skye leant her head on her step-siblings shoulder. Unlike Skye she was unable to relax, her eyes always drifting to the stretched out form of Brian Haner Jnr. His back was turned so he couldn't see her, his frame tense and a bottle of beer always stuck to his hand.

Noticing the sad expression on Kat's face Skye squeezed her hand "It'll work out," She promised.

"I'm sure," Kat rolled her eyes with a sigh as she got to her feet "I'm going to the bathroom."

"Third on the left!" Val called as Kat headed to the stairs.

"Thanks," She smiled, glancing over her shoulder as her foot came into contact with something, sending her off balance and falling to the floor "I'm sorry! I-" She paused when she realised who she had landed on. Blushing she scrabbled to her feet "Sorry again."

Brian simply shrugged.

"Dude!" Matt exclaimed as Kat was out of the room. "Cut her some slack!"

Brian rolled his eyes "Why should I?"

"Cause she's our friend?" Zach replied, an annoyed look on his face.

"Don't you start Zee, you can hardly talk," Brian snapped "Cause you were a little angel to her in High school," He added sarcastically as he got to his feet "I was always the one who had to pick up her pieces so don't give me that shit!" With that he left, slamming the front door behind him.

"I think I'm gunna head off too," Kat announced in a small voice - she head heard the whole exchange "Come on Skye."

"You don't have to KitKat," Jimmy pouted "It's Brian being a douche."

Kat smiled slightly upon Jimmy sticking up for her over his best friend "You all have my number."

"We'll get in touch yeah?" Michelle asked as all of the girls gave her and Skye a hug "Ignore Brian, he's a prick."

"And we'll see you soon?" Matt questioned as it was the guys turn to join the hugfest.

"I promise."

*

"We are gunna come see them again right?" Skye asked, hope shining in her eyes as they climbed into Kat's car.

Chewing on her bottom lip Kat started the engine.

"Kat?"

"I don't know Skye."

The younger girl sent her sister a reassuring smile "It'll work out you know."

Kat took in a deep breath, blinking quickly to try and stop the tears escaping her eyes "You see him; half the time he can't even bring himself to look at me," She sniffed, quickly wiping away a stray tear "It's my fault he acts the way he does now."

"We'll sort it," Skye insisted in an attempt to keep faith in one of her idols and to try and put a smile on her step-sibling's face "He'll come around."

Kat sighed "That's just the thing Skye. He's done so much fighting for me in the past...I think he's given up."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its shortt :( ive 'done some damage' to a muscle in my left shoulder and it kills! Damn horseriding! ahaha