Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Basement

With it being Skye's first day back at school, her job at the local music store not starting for another week and boredom definitely on the cards Kat found herself texting all the A7x girls to meet up.

"We were all scared we'd never hear from you again," Val said once they were all sat around a table in the local pizza joint.

"Especially after that prick's performance," Michelle huffed "You need to sort him out."

"The guys are ready to kill him," Gena added with a grim expression.

"I don't know what I can do when he won't even talk to me," Kat sighed "I just wish he'd say one civil word to me."

"You and everyone else!" Leana exclaimed "You coming back is the kick up the arse he needs! He needs to man up and face his problems!"

Yet another sigh escaped Kat's lungs as she shrugged her shoulders - two things she seemed to be doing a lot since arriving back in California "He won't even stay in the same room as me guys! I don't know how I can help."

The 5 girls all exchanged mischievous glances "Well," Val began, raising an eyebrow "all of that can be arranged if you wanted it to happen."

"Huh?" Kat frowned as Michelle began typing away on her Blackberry,

Lacey smirked "Just trust us yeah?"

Kat wasn't so sure.

*

"We're going to Val's," Skye announced the next Saturday "She's just text me now, they're having a girls night."

Kat glanced up from the magazine she was reading skeptically. Not much had happened since the confusing conversation the previous Monday but she stayed on guard "Why?"

Skye frowned "Because you're their best friend maybe?"

Sighing the older woman got to her feet and retrieved her car keys, not bothering to change out of her grey cotton cargo pants and hoodie if they were just having a girls night in "Fine," She huffed, slipping her feet in her converse "But if there's some other hidden agenda in this whole thing; I'm blaming you."

Putting on her best innocent look as they climbed into Kat's black 67 Impala Skye replied "Stop thinking we're plotting against you!" She smiled warmly as the engine started "We just wanna cheer you up!"

"And I'm fucking Wonder Woman," Kat mumbled as they began the short journey to the DiBenedetto/Sanders household.

Skye stayed uncharacteristically quiet throughout the 10 minute drive, almost confirming Kat's suspicions.

What's the worst they could do to me? She thought to herself, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel in time with the music blaring from her speakers Even if they've managed to get Brian there all he'll do it say a handful of horrible words then storm out...Stick and stones and all that jazz.

"Hey guys," Val greeted as she swung the front door open for them. She seemed as casual as always but Kat wasn't fooled - there was something behind that oh-so-innocent smile of hers.

"Val! Bella's walking into walls again!"

Sighing in annoyance Val rolled her eyes and gestured for Kat and Skye to come in "Can't you sort the dog?"

Kat frowned as she followed her friend into the living room to see Matt stretched out on the couch "I thought this was a girls night."

"Oh, Matt's just leaving," Val replied, checking the Golden Labrador laying in front of the fire place over.

"Oh yeah," Matt smirked, his eyes glinting, as he jumped to his feet and pulled on a hoodie "I'll catch you guys later."

"But-" Kat's protests were cut off by Val's worried tone.

"Skye, could you fetch Bel some water? Kat - could you get the medicine from the basement please?"

"You keep your dog's urgently needed medicine in the basement?"

"Please Kat?"

"Fine!" She huffed opening the doorway beneath the stairs and heading down the darkened steps to the basement "You'd think there'd be a light switch here somewhere," She grumbled before cursing as she hit the next door head first.

Light flooded the stairwell as the door creaked open and she stepped into the new room "Only Matt Sanders would keep medicine in his personal studio," She complained letting the door go.

What she didn't expect was another voice filling the room as she did so.

"Wait! Don't let the door-" SLAM "Shit"

Her heart sped up as she recognised the tone, although she was unable to see him "Brian?"

He emerged from behind a technical looking piece of machinery "Yes. And now I'm fucking stuck in here with you!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Kat