Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Fan-***ing-tastic

"And you're staying in there until you say some civil words to one another!" Val's - highly amused sounding - voice floated through the door.

Kat and Brian rushed over "But - hey are you in darkness?" Kat asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

She could almost see Val's confused frown "No."

"Where the fuck is that light switch?!"

"We're locked in a studio together and all you can think about is a fucking light switch?" Brian shouted from beside her.

A giggle sounded from the other side of the door "Those don't sound like civil words Haner!" Val laughed "We've stocked the mini kitchen, there's a bathroom there for you and some camp beds in there somewhere! Have fun you two!"

"WAIT!" Brian shouted, banging on the door with his fist.

"Don't go!" Kat pleaded.

The silence on the other side of the door told them she'd already left.

"Great," Brian huffed, turning his back on Kat as he ran his hands through his long hair "Fan-fucking-tastic."

Rolling her eyes Kat flopped down on Matt's large office chair, spinning it around to amuse herself.

If Brian was going to be childish in the situation she may as well join in and have some fun.

*

Neither spoke for the next two hours; Kat sticking with her comfy chair while Brian sat, with a sullen expression, on his camp bed.

"This doesn't exactly work for me either you know," She dared to say, her eyes trained on her knees.

"I'm sure it's awful for you," he replied, his voice lined with sarcasm as he lay back on the bed.

"You're so childish," She sighed, not even wanting to look in his direction.

"Cause you're so grown up."

Feeling anger bubble in her veins Kat gripped on to the arms of the chair "Will you cut it with the fucking sarcasm?"

"I will if you cut out the talking," he replied, placing his arms behind his head "Your voice is grating on my nerves already."

"I can't believe I picked you," She let slip through her lips, immediately regretting it.

He sat bolt up right, looking her straight in the eye for the first time since she came back, if the comment had hurt him he made sure he didn't show it "I can't believe I let you."

Rolling her eyes she pushed the chair around so her back face him. Once he couldn't see her she began blinking back the tears now lining her ocean blues - this was the first time they had ever has a disagreement about anything.

"I can't believe they're doing this to me," He breathed, laying back on his campbed.

She took in a big, shaky breath before allowing her lungs to empty with a loud sigh. A few tears managed to escape but she quickly wiped them away - there was no way in hell that she was going to allow Brian to see her cry; especially when it was over him.

Once she had finally pulled herself together she made her way over to the campbed beside his and crawled underneath the covers. With the rhythmical sound of Brian's breathing (and light snoring) going on behind her she found herself drifting off quite easily.

Wishing their situation was different in every way possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
How'd you like the new layout?