Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Doing The School Run

"Do you think they've killed each other yet?" Skye asked the next morning, tucking into the pieces of toast Val had made for her.

"What I do know," The older woman began, handing Skye her school bag "Is that you have to leave for school, Matt's in the car waiting - he promises he won't embarrass you."

Skye rolled hey eyes, knowing Matt would find someway of making her blush before she entered the school building "Thanks for letting me stay over Val!" She called over her shoulder, the whole situation still seeming slightly surreal to her.

"No worries," Val called back before hearing the young girl leave, still unable to believe her parents had trusted her to stay over on a school night "Now to feed Kat and Brian," She mumbled to herself, chuckling at how weird it sounded, as she piled a tray full of a variety of food and drink.

*

Kat groaned as her eyes slowly flickered open, her head pounding as she lifted it off her pillow.

Rubbing her sore eyes she sat up, quickly noticing that there was a tray filled with breakfast type food next to the door and Brian was already awake, perched on the end of his bed "Not eating?" She asked softy as she got to her feet.

He glanced up, running a hand through his hair "Oh, um, no I'm good."

Frowning at the apparent softness in his voice she replied "Oh right," sitting with crossed legs next to the tray, starting to munch on the golden looking toast.

"Are..." He paused, a loud sigh passing through his lips, pinching the bridge of his nose with his finger and thumb "Are you okay?"

"Um, sure," She answered, the frown descended lowering in confusion.

He lay back once more, his arms covering his eyes "Good."

Anger prickled on her skin, knowing these words flowing from his mouth were possibly an act - anything to get out of this studio "Are you okay?" She snapped "I'd rather you ignored my existence then put on this fucking act!"

He sat up, his own anger showing in his face "I'm not acting Kat!"

"So, what, you despise me then all of a sudden your nice?" She shouted "And that wouldn't have anything to do with you wanting to get out of this studio no?"

"You really want me to tell you my reasoning? Really Kat?"

"Well, yeah, I do actually! I hate being in this place to but I actually want to sort through all this shit! I-"

"You were crying in your sleep Kat!" He interrupted her, his voice raised, pain showing in his eyes "I didn't like it."

Words choked back in her throat and she ran her hands through her hair "I...um..." Red blushed across her cheeks, none of the guys had ever seen her cry all throughout High school - not even when her heart had been broken over and over again by Zach "Sorry," She cringed, rubbing one of her eyes finally realising why they were so sore.

"Kat," He whispered "I didn't mean to upset you..."

"What did you think would happen Brian?" She mumbled, her hands covering her face as her eyes began to fill up once more. Sighing she got to her feet and made her way back over to her bed, crawling beneath the covers so she was hidden once again. "Just leave me alone okay?"

"I want to sort this out too Kat," He said, so softly she almost didn't hear him.

"Whatever."
♠ ♠ ♠
Skye

Thought I'd post another cause:
1. Its short again (I'm ill cause of my screwed shoulder and the tablets I'm taking for it)
2. Im so very bored

:) Who's gunna be the 100th commenter??? hehehe