Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

A Dream of Reality

"Thanks for the lift Matt," Skye grinned as Matt pulled up outside her home. Although he hadn't embarrassed her that morning when he'd dropped her off at the school's gates a lot of questions had been asked by her peers when they noticed her stepping out of a top of the range Audi, only to laugh in disbelief when she explained and poke fun at her for the rest of the day.

"No problem kiddo," He smiled, showing off the diamond caps on his teeth "I can walk you right into school tomorrow if you want?" he added with a chuckle.

She rolled her eyes, it was so easy for her to get along with Matt after spending so much time with him and Val. He had become more like big brother Matt Sanders rather than Avenged Sevenfold's M Shadows to her. "It's fine, I'll sort it," She smiled, she didn't need the belief of others as long as she had the guys there for her when she came home.

"I'll see you soon then," Matt grinned as she stepped out of his Audi "Come visit your sister anytime - we have no clue how long those two are gunna take," He added in amusement.

"Thanks Mattykins!" She giggled at his unimpressed look, waving as he sped off down the street.

"Your sister not with you?" Lucy asked as Skye entered their home.

Skye laughed "Could be a while, her and Brian have a lot to talk about."

*

He lay on his side facing her sleeping form, watching as tears squeezed out from beneath her eyelids and rolled down her cheeks. He'd never seen her look so vulnerable before.

Sighing he rolled onto his back, as angry as he was with her for leaving the way she did he couldn't help his heart from breaking as the tears streamed down her face.

Katherine Jacobs never cried.

She rolled away from him, her breath catching in her throat as she cried in her sleep.

He groaned and rubbed a hand across his face, wishing he could man up and face all of his problems. This had been the longest time he hadn't had alcohol for a while and he was finally able to think straight and realise just how much he needed her in his life.

"Brian."

He jumped at the sound of his name, glancing over to her he saw she was still deep asleep.

"My Brian...Please come back..."

Unable to resist her, her sadness ripping him apart, he pushed his blow up campbed right up to hers and climbed beneath the covers beside her, his arms aching to hold her.

Almost like she sensed he was there she rolled back over and cuddled into his chest. Burying his face in her sweet smelling hair he wrapped his arms around her body.

Her crying finally stopped.

*

She yawned as she woke, wishing her dream could last longer. Keeping her eyes shut she could still smell Brian's familiar cigarette and cologne scent, could still feel his strong arms wrapped protectively around her.

Sighing she allowed her eyes to flicker open, her heart pounded and her eyebrows fell into a frown as her dream unfolded before her, becoming a reality.

She wriggled out of his arms as he slept, her stomach dropping when she saw a new tray of food - Val had obviously seen them cuddled up together.

"Kat?"

She spun round to see Brian stood a few paces behind her, a sheepish look on his face "Hi."

"I'm sorry Kat, I really am, for everything I've said and done since you came back into out lives," he rushed, a hand running through his hair "I was a dick."

"It's okay Brian," She replied, her voice quivering with emotion "I shouldn't have left the way I did I-" She turned away from him as tears filled her eyes and embarrassment shone on her face - she had cried more times in the past 2 days than she'd allowed herself to all through her high school years.

"Kat, come on," He said softly, walking round and wrapping his arms around her.

"What's going on?" She mumbled into his chest, allowing herself to hug him back.

"I don't know KitKat," He replied, resting his chin on the top of her head. Her nickname flowing through his lips causing a new wave of emotion overcame her "But I do know I'd like to start again; be your friend if you'll have me."

A true smile, the first one to come to her lips for a while, decorated her face as she nodded in agreement "I think I'd like that."
♠ ♠ ♠
For VioletTwist...you were my 100th commenter (Y) :D