Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Beach Daaayyy!

Image

"Well, this is going to be awkward," Brian smiled from the passenger seat of Kat's car. The two had stayed up for most of the night, exchanging stories about the past few years, as it got so late they both fell asleep in their chairs - Brian had the couch and Kat had moved herself across the room to the armchair.

She smiled, knowing exactly what conclusions their friends would come up with when they arrived at the beach together "They can think what they like," She shrugged understanding how weird the situation was, not quite understanding it herself.

Pulling up beside Matt's car she cut off the engine and they both stepped out, soon spotting their friends setting up towels and deckchairs.

"Here," Brian smiled, taking the bag filled with their beach stuff from the car as Kat reached into the back to scoop Pinkly into her arms. They had stopped off at Brian's on the way to retrieve the bundle of white fur and to get him a change of clothes.

"Thanks," She grinned before turning her attention back to the adorable fluff ball in her arms.

Brian rolled his eyes jokingly, sending his friends a small wave as the two approached them "Give a girl a dog and you're suddenly invisible!" He chuckled, patting Bella and Ichabod in their heads before setting his towel down, ignoring the looks the group was giving him and Kat.

"But this doggy's so cute!" Kat exclaimed, parking herself on the sand beside the two other dogs "You two are as well," She reassured them.

"What the fuck?!" Jimmy suddenly exclaimed, his eyes wide with confusion.

Kat exchanged an amused glance with Brian "What is it JimBob?" She asked innocently.

"So, you two rock up to the beach together and expect no questions to be asked?!"

Kat chuckled "We spent the night talking," She explained to the whole group "We're cool now."

"And it's all my doing!" Val breezed, laying back on her deckchair to catch some rays.

*

"Are you coming to the water?"

Kat sighed as she forced her eyes to open, the guys had become bored of sunbathing quickly and had gone off to do their own thing. Propping herself up on her elbows she opened her mouth to reply, the words getting stuck in her throat when she realised she had come face to face with a shirtless Brian.

"Kat?" He frowned when she didn't answer "Are you?"

"I, uh, sure," She replied in an attempt to keep her voice normal. Getting to her feet she pulled off her denim shorts - as she was already in just her bikini top - to reveal her swimsuit bottoms.

Brian gulped as he allowed his eyes to roam her body for a second "Any of you other ladies coming?"

When the rest of the girls replied with a no a smile slowly formed across Kat's face "Race ya!" She exclaimed, bursting into a sprint as fast as her toned legs allowed her to.

"Cheat!" Brian panted as she splashed into the warm Californian ocean 5 seconds before him,

"Sore loser!" She giggled as they waded deeper and deeper to be with the other guys.

"This is still so fucking weird," Jimmy breathed as they watched Brian scoop Kat up in his arms to dump her in the water.

"In a good way," Johnny added as Kat resurfaced and tried to push Brian in, Zach and Jimmy quickly agreed.

"I'm just glad they're out of my studio," Matt grumbled, glancing to the couple suspiciously "What?" He asked the questioning glances being sent his way.

"Wanna tell us the real reason you're wary Shads?" Jimmy smirked, splashing the lead singer with the warm salty water.

Matt rolled his eyes "I just don't want them to hurt each other again," He explained with a scowl "Brian's one of my best friends and we need our lead guitarist," he said, while Kat had been gone Brian hadn't been as creative as he was able to be with the guitar "And I will kill the next person to break Kat's heart."

Zach cleared his throat uncomfortably, looking anywhere but Matt's piercing eyes.

"Come on guys!" Kat called over, laughter alive in her voice "Stop being so boring!"

Matt grinned, all of his anger disappearing "I'm going to get Val," He smirked, knowing his fiancée would have no choice in the matter.

As the rest of the guys followed him to grab their own girls, and to try and encourage Michelle to join them, Kat turned to Brian "They were talking about us," She chuckled.

Brian shrugged, throwing a comforting arm around her shoulders "As long as we're friends again eh," he winked before pushing down on her shoulders and dunking her beneath the water once more.

"You prick!" She giggled as she bobbed back up to fresh air.

"Matthew Charles Sanders! Put me down NOW!"

Kat and Brian giggled at Val's scream as they glanced up to see Matt sprinting down the beach, Val over his shoulder and the other guys and girls walking casually behind.

"You should just come in voluntarily, it's much easier," Kat smiled once Val had been thrown in.

A thunderous look came to the other girls face "I did! Matt 'Dickface' Sanders decided this way would be 'funnier'."

"Well, it kinda was," Kat replied, trying to hold back her laughter as she hid behind Brian.

Val rolled her eyes but allowed herself to giggle "I guess," She sighed as Matt swam up to her "But I'll get my own back Shadows!"

"I'm going to make a sandcastle," Kat announced to the amusement of everyone around her "You're not allowed to come!" She exclaimed, pointing to Brian who held up his hands innocently.

"Why not?" He frowned "I can make up for back when we were 6!" He grinned "I won't knock this one over I promise."

Kat smiled softly "You still remember that?"

Val nudged Matt in the ribs and whispered "They're having a moment!" Only to get an unamused glare in return.

"Of course I remember," Brian replied with a soft smile "Are you coming or not?" He asked, extending a hand out to her which she reached forward and grabbed.

"I'm coming."
♠ ♠ ♠
^^The only banner i've ever made i actually love xD

Kat Beach

A7x Girls Beach