Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Fight For This Love

"That'll be $20 please," Kat smiled, handing the customer their carrier bag in exchange for a 20 dollar bill.

Tapping her fingers on the counter top she sighed, it was only her 3rd day on the job at the record store and she was bored of it already. Resting her chin on the top of her hand she softly hummed along to the Guns 'n' Roses song playing over the store's speakers.

Hearing the door opening she glanced up, a warm smile stretching across her face when she saw who it was "You here to distract me again?" She chuckled once he reached the counter.

"Maybe I wanted to buy a CD," Brian smirked, picking up one of the CDs in offer next to Kat's counter.

"Gunna buy that, um," She leaned over to check the title "N*Sync album then?"

He scowled as he replaced the album "Okay okay, you caught me! I got bored."

"Pinkly not very talkative?"

Brian sighed and shook his head "Pinkly's being boring today."

"How sad for you," Kat giggled "Poor Mr. Rockstar Brian Haner, nothing to do at 1pm on a Wednesday afternoon."

He rolled his eyes in amusement "We're actually going to Johnny's Bar tonight if you'd like to join us."

"Sure," She shrugged "If you think you can keep up with me."

Brian scoffed "We're rockstars Kat, I'd like to see you try."

"You will see me try, and win, tonight!"

*

"So, you're going on a date?" Skye asked in excitement as Kat adjusted her earrings.

She sighed and rolled her eyes, grabbing her car keys from her bed side table "Not a date Skye no, everyone's going."

"But you want it to be a date right?"

"No, you and Val want this to be a date."

"But-"

"I'll see you later Skye yeah?" Kat called over her shoulder as she exited the house, actually looking forward to the night ahead of her.

She hummed along to City of Evil (forced upon her by Brian and Skye) as she made the short car journey to Johnny's Bar. Although she knew it wasn't a date butterflies attacked her insides as she parked up.

Leaning back in her seat she sighed shakily, knowing she was in a sinking ship with no way to escape.

Was allowing herself to fall for Brian again the right thing for her to do?

Gathering her thoughts and all the courage she could find she got out of the car and headed to the bar's front door, knowing through all the texts she had received already that the whole of A7x were already there.

"...and the exact spot where Mr. Johnny Christ projectile vomited all over the bar!" Jimmy was laughing as she made her way over to their booth.

"Now this is a conversation everyone wants to join half way through!" She joked, a disgusted look passing over her face.

'Everyone' waved and voiced their greetings as she perched herself on the edge of the seat, squashed up next to Leana. Searching the faces around her she realised there were 2 she didn't recognise and the 1 she'd been waiting to see all night was absent.

"Kat, these are Jason and Matt Berry," Val introduced from across hat table "You'll learn to love them."

"Hey!" The one she assumed to be Jason protested as the twins launched into a joke argument with Val.

"Where's Brian?" Kat mumbled to Leana, knowing she was possibly the only one who wouldn't read too much into her simple question.

"At the bar I think," She shrugged.

It was a few moments before he appeared, clutching a tray full of drinks. He sent her a wink when he saw her and began passing the alcoholic drinks around. Val perched on Matt's knee as the others shuffled along to make space for him and Kat soon found him squashed up next to her.

"Non-alcoholic," He said softly to her, raising his glass proudly "I've been told I can be a bit of a prick when I drink," He explained when he noticed her look of confusion "Didn't want to ruin tour first A7x night out."

She smiled warmly "Thanks Brian," She said before raising the drink he had got her to her lips, pulling a face when she realised it was just diet coke.

"But if I'm on the soda, you are too," He winked, amusement lighting up his face "It's good to have you back as my friend KitKat."

Trying hard to swallow her inappropriate disappointment Kat forced a smile, patting his forearm "It's good to be back."

*

"Are you okay?"

Kat glanced up to see a smiling Michelle sitting beside her. Brian had gone to buy another round of drinks 20 minutes earlier only to start talking to a flirty, busty blonde. Kat allowed herself to steal one glance in the couple's direction before answering "Yeah, I guess."

Michelle chuckled, linking her arm through Kat's "It looks like your tables have turned Miss Jacobs," She smiled, following Kat's eyeline to see the blonde lean over to whisper something in Brian's ear.

Kat frowned, quickly dragging her eyes from the lead guitarist "I don't know what you mean."

"Come on KitKat," Michelle nudged her softly with her elbow "I've been in this position a million times with Brian when we were teenagers," She explained "I know me and him no longer speak but if he's what makes you happy Kat I'm always here to talk."

"Thanks Chelle," Kat sighed, her heart sinking when she realised both Brian and the girl had gone "What actually happened between you two?"

She saw Michelle tense up "We just didn't work out," She forced, downing the rest of her vodka and coke "And now I've lost one of my best friends," She sighed "Y'know we were serious when we said you were just what he needed Kat."

Frowning Kat finally spotted Brian, pushing the blonde against the wall with his tongue down her throat.

Michelle rolled her eyes when she also spotted the couple. She squeezed Kat's hand and raised her eyebrows "You're just going to have to fight for him this time KitKat."