Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Rockstar Magnet

"How did it go?"

Kat groaned as Skye's voice woke her from a deep, peaceful slumber "Leave me alone," She grumbled, yawning widely.

"Your not hungover?"

"Nope," Kat replied sleepily, rubbing her eyes she explained to the younger girl the reasoning behind her and Brian's lack of alcohol the previous night.

"That's so cute!" Skye exclaimed, the smile slipping from her face when she saw the expression on Kat's. "What happened?"

"He left with a stick thin busty blonde chick 2 hours after I arrived," Kat sighed, heading towards the bathroom, a change of clothes gripped in her arms.

"What?" Skye frowned, following Kat out of her bedroom "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No," Kat replied "Go to school Skye."

"But-"

"Go. To. School!" Kat exclaimed, slamming the bathroom door shut. Leaning against the wall she ran her fingers through her hair, allowing her eyes to shut.

"I, uh, I'll see you later Kat," Skye called through the door.

Sighing Kat switched the shower on; surely work would take her mind off Brian...

*

She slumped back on the stool behind her counter, doodling on the notepad in front of her.

"You're just a rockstar magnet aren't ya," Her co-worker, Ash, whispered, leaning towards her.

"Hmm?" She replied, glancing up to look at him.

"You, magnet, rockstars?" He smirked, glancing to where Matt was making his way over to the counter, a large grin stretched across his face.

"Oh," She sighed.

"Hey!" Matt protested "Is that anyway to greet one of your best friends?"

She rolled her eyes, not in the mood to talk to anyone, especially anyone from Avenged Sevenfold "Why're you here Matthew?"

"I just came to see if you were-"

She quickly cut him off "If you say okay I'll kill you."

Matt cleared his throat uncomfortably "-eating lunch?" He almost squeaked "And if I could join you...because...we haven't had chance to spend time together yet?"

Luckily Kat allowed herself to giggle at his save "Sure, my breaks in half an hour," She replied "Just look around, stand there or something. Do not draw attention to yourself Mr. Lead Singer."

Sending her a cheeky grin Matt switched his attention to the on offer CDs Brian had looked at the previous day.

Kat put on a smile as a customer approached the counter, the young girls eyes widened when she saw Matt.

"Hey, are you M Shadows?"

Kat sighed.

*

"So," Matt began, resting his arm across her shoulders "What's the problem you have with our fans?"

She leaned her head against him and sighed "I haven't got a problem with them," She said, glancing up at him "It's just...weird."

He chuckled, ruffling her hair "It was weird for us at the start but you soon get used to it."

Nodding in agreement she couldn't help but allow the feeling of regret to wash over her "If I'd been here since the start I'd be an expert at dealing with the fans by now."

"Kat, stop regretting it," Matt chuckled "You did what you wanted tat the time and that made you happy. You're back with us now and that's all that matters."

She smiled, Matt had always been like a brother to her and was the best at giving out advice "Did you really come about Brian?" She rushed, knowing he wouldn't come out just to get a McDonalds with her on her lunch break.

"No, I came to check on you," He replied, everything about him sincere "You knew how I felt about you and Brian the first time and I swear if he hurts you..."

"Thanks Matt."

He smiled "Always here for ya, you're basically my sister Kat. I would've punched him already but-"

"Val stopped you?"

Matt scowled "I love her with all my heart but she'll kill me one of these days!"

Kat giggled as Matt ordered their meals to the shocked looking teenager serving them. It was times with Matt, the girls or Skye that convinced Kat coming back to Huntington was a good idea.

*

"Skye?" Kat called throughout the house, hanging her hoodie up and dropping her bag to the floor.

The platinum blonde soon appeared, a sheepish smile crossing her lips "Um, Kat?"

"Listen, I'm really sorry about this morning, you were only trying to help and I was being shitty. I shouldn't project my troubles on to you," Kat grinned as she retrieved her Blackberry from her bag and placed it in her jeans pocket "But we'll order some pizza and I'll tell you all - what?" She asked noticing Skye's desperate expression and erratic head shaking.

"Well, um..."

"Come on Skye!"

The young girl bit on her bottom lip "Brian's here."