Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

CarCrash

Kat burst into the hospital, Brian following close behind. Still in their wedding outfits they looked so out of place in the doom and gloom around them.

"Kat!" Lucy exclaimed, rushing across the waiting room.

"What is it mom?" The younger girl asked, her voice filled with panic "Has anything else...?"

Lucy nodded tearfully "S-she died on impact..."

A lump formed in Kat's throat as her heart almost stopped "Ja-" She paused when her mom shook her head "Shan?" She ran her fingers through her hair, allowing Brian to lead her over to a seat "What happened?" She whispered, Brian's am resting around her waist as Lucy explained.

"S-shan was driving with Jasper in the passenger seat and Jaz behind him in the back. They stopped at a red light and were hit head on by a drunk driver."

As Kat's breath hitched in her throat Brian softly rubbed her back "How are...?"

"Jaz escaped with minor bruising and scratches but Jasper's in a coma with multiple injuries."

As she allowed her head to fall into her hands Brian scooted closer, wrapping his arms around her trembling frame. Burying her face in his chest she allowed herself to cry.

*

"Miss. Jacobs?"

Kat stirred from where she was asleep, curled up beside Brian. Opening her eyes she was shocked to see a doctor knelt directly infront of her. She quickly sat up "What's happened?" Hearing her speak Brian, Lucy and Andrew also woke.

"I have a very distressed young lady asking for you."

Kat jumped to her feet - her heels long discarded - and smoothed down her dress, hugging Brian's suit jacket close to her.

"Tell her I said hi," He mumbled, squeezing Kat's hand in support.

She nodded, squeezing back slightly, before following closely behind the doctor "Is she okay?"

His smile sent relief speeding around her body "She has minor bruising, being in the backseat behind the passenger saved her life," He explained stopping outside a door "She's a lucky girl," He added opening the door.

She smiled sadly, sure Jazmine was okay physically but how would Kat explain about Shan and Jasper? Sure she was still alive but her mom wasn't and her dad was critically ill.

She quickly wiped away a stray tear before sitting in the chair beside the 3 year old's bed.

Jazmine's eyes lit up and she quickly got into a sitting position "Hey Kattie!"

"You okay sweetheart?" Kat forced her voice to sound as normal as possible.

Jaz shrugged "I's okay."

"Brian says hi," Kat smiled, squeezing Jaz's hand.

"Where is Synnie?" The small girl frowned, her hands sternly on her hips as her eyes searched the room.

Kat chuckled softly "He thought he'd give us some girl time."

"Oh!" Jazmine smiled "Tell him I miss him."

"I will."

The three year old crawled from the bed into Kat's lap, cuddling close to her "Kattie?"

"Yes sweetie?" She replied, wrapping her arms around her small frame protectively.

"Where are mummy and daddy?"

Kat squeezed her eyes tightly shut, resting her chin softly on Jaz's blonde curls "Jaz, your daddy's hurt himself a little," She explained, her voice shaky with emotion "He may need to stay in here for a little while."

The small girl nodded, her hands gripping onto Kat's dress tightly "And mummy?"

Kat took in a deep breath, gently rubbing Jaz's back "Mommy's...She's with the angels Jaz."

The grip on Kat's dress became even tighter "With Peppa?" She asked referring to the pet hamster who had died the previous year.

"Yes baby," Kat breathed "But she's safe now and she'll always be with you, I promise."

"Are yoo, Daddy and Synnie gunna leave?"

Kat wiped her eyes once more, rocking the three year old soothingly "Never."

*

"Brian? What's going on? Where are you?" Jimmy's worried voice questioned once Brian picked up his cell.

"We're in Huntington," The guitarist replied, talking a drag from his cigarette as he leant against the hospital wall.

"What? Since when?" Jimmy breathed, confusion lining his words "We went to knock you up at 3am - y'know cause it's us - and you weren't there. Are you okay? Is Kat okay?"

Brian sighed, a cloud of smoke billowing from his lips as he ran a hand over his face "Not really Jim."

A nervous chuckle came from Jimmy's end of the line "C'mon Gates, I've got the girls, a very annoyed Matt, a worried Zach and a tense shortshit breathing down my neck. I need details Haner."

The guitarist pinched the bridge of his nose "There was a car accident. Shan's dead and Jasper's critical."

Silence met him as he flicked the ash from his cigarette before taking yet another lungful of smoke.

"I - wow man that's some serious shit."

"I know," Brian sighed "Luckily there was a flight back here at 1:30am so we were able to jump on that."

"Is Kat okay?"

"She's pretty cut up, she's in with Jazmine at the moment," He explained, running a hand through his hair "Listen man, I know it's not the nicest of things to do but could you inform Skye?"

"Of course," Jimmy replied, sounding more serious than Brian had ever heard him "We'll all try and make it home as fast as we can. Pass our love onto Kat and Jaz."

"Will do Bud," Brian replied before the two bandmates said their goodbyes and hung up.

*

He smiled softly to the doctor as he showed him the way to Jaz's room.

"Synnie!" The small girl greeted in a whisper as he slowly opened the door "Yoo have to shush though," She added, finger to her lips "Kattie's asleep."

He nodded as he sat down in the seat where Kat had once been before moving to the bed "Are you okay Titch?"

The three year old pulled a face at the nickname before shrugging "Is that my very own Ax7 name?"

He chuckled, allowing her to jump from the bed to sitting on his knee. "If you want it to be," He replied, ruffling her hair "You could play an instrument in the band, I'd bet you're better than Johnny on bass..." He winked.

She sent him a stern look "Hey! No being a big meanie to Johnny!"

He held his hands up innocently "I apologise."

Excitement shone in her eyes all of a sudden "I could play the triangle!"

He smiled sadly, hugging the young girl close to him "You can play whatever you like sweetheart."