Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Jonathon Seward

"So are you and Brian okay now?" Zach asked the next morning as he met Kat - surprisingly Alice free - at the bottom of her drive "I didn't see him leave yours til 1 this morning."

"I think so," Kat replied with a smile "I hope so anyway."

"You do?"

She frowned in her best friend's direction "Of course I do!"

As soon as the two caught up with their group of friends the ringing of Zach's phone became evident.

Rolling her eyes Kat went over to join Brian as it answered it "Hola amigo!" She grinned, linking their arms.

He smiled at her, although no his usual one - that reached his eyes and made them sparkle.

"You okay Haner?" She frowned in concern, leaning her head on his shoulder.

She felt the shoulder he was lay on rise and fall as a sigh was released from his lungs. "Just a little tired."

Totally unconvinced she let this one slide, squeezing his arm in support. She'd get the truth sooner or later.

*

"See if you can sing with me on your back!"

Matt (Sanders) glanced down to Kat's tiny, irritating frame as she tugged lightly on his tshirt "Why?"

"I don't know! But maybe it'll get Brian to smile again!" She huffed, gesturing to the moody looking guitarist "That one that reaches his eyes and makes them sparkle!"

As the rest of the band - including Brian and especially Zach - sent her confused looks their attention was diverted to a person leant against the wall. As Mrs. Sanders had decided she needed the basement their practices had been moved to the garage - inviting anyone local to come and complain about the noise when the door was open.

"Can we help you?" Jimmy asked, sending the 15 year old a menacing look.

Looking unfazed he shrugged "Your bassist sucks."

Wendt made an annoyed sounding noise, dropping his bass, only to be held back by Brian and Zach.

The kid continued "But I'd be happy to take his place."

Matt chuckled "And who the fuck're you?"

The kid raised his chin proudly "Johnny Seward."

"I suggest you leave Bud," Zach smirked from where he was stood in front of Wendt.

'Johnny' shrugged, still seeming unfazed by the whole event "I'll be around and you'll need me some day."

As the group laughed Johnny turned on his heel and stalked away "Probably to irritate someone else," Matt mumbled under his breath.

As Val ranted to her boyfriend about being 'cruel' to the 'cute kid', Zach packed his prized guitar into it's case "C'mon KitKat," He smiled "I'll walk you home." Brian turned away.

"Sure!" Kat grinned, hardly noticing the other guitarist's behaviour "See you guys tomorrow!" She called over her shoulder, Zach sending them a simple wave "You haven't walked me home for ages."

"I know," Zach smiled apologetically, placing an arm around her shoulders without warning "Alice is having an early night."

Kat pursed her lips at the mention of his girlfriend. Not trusting herself with words she simply nodded.

"So..."

She glanced up to her best friend, his face and voice telling her he wanted to get something off his chest "You know you can say anything to me Zee."

He squeezed her shoulder affectionately "You and...Brian..."

She frowned "We're not dating if that's what you're wondering Zach."

A sigh of relief seemed to pass through his plump lips "I just don't want to lose you Kat," He breathed as they came to a stop outside their homes.

"You're not going to Zach..."

"I just like to know you're there no matter what," He explained, his emerald orbs searching her baby blues "Night Kat." He bent down and kissed her cheek.

As he walked away, to his own home, she allowed her eyes to follow him in confusion. How would her dating Brian - or anyone for that matter - change their friendship? She'd never allow anything that could potentially result in her losing him happen.

She sighed and shook her head. Zach had always been a strange boy but she couldn't help but worry that his recent actions meant something big was going to happen.

And she'd either lose Zach himself or Brian...
♠ ♠ ♠
This update's for Lizbeee for the lovely inbox message she sent me :)

xo