Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Storm

After a nightmare infested night Kat urged her weak, sleep deprived body from the comfort of her mattress.

Her usual morning routine passed her in a blur and before she knew it she was skipping breakfast, slinging her school bag onto her shoulders and heading out into the sunshine.

Bypassing Zach's house she allowed her feet to carry her, numbly, to school. She wasn't planning on having company.

As her earphones spouting lyrics and music she allowed herself to sort through the irritating nightmares that had destroyed her sleep pattern.

All of them ending the same awful way with a decision; one of the hardest Kat knew she'd ever have to make in her life.

*

Zach frowned in confusion as he checked the time - and his cell - for the hundredth time. It wasn't like Kat to be so late.

Giving up he began the trek to school, hoping she'd be with their group of friends, awaiting his arrival like she always did.

"Alone this morning Zee?" Val's voice cut through the air and caused a frown to cross his face.

"Is Kat not with you?" He questioned, his emerald orbs searching the faces around him.

"It's quite clear that Kat isn't with us Zee," Jimmy replied, amusement shining on his face.

"Where is she then?" Zach snapped, aiming his question in Brian's direction, irritation radiating from him.

Brian simply shrugged "How am I supposed to know? You're her best friend, you live next door to her Zach."

As anger crossed both of their faces the rest of the friends exchanged confused and uneasy glances. "Maybe she just went ahead," Leana suggested, desperate to keep the peace. As they all began to walk she could only hope she was right.

*

Kat kept her head down as she wandered the corridors to her next class, blending right in with all her fellow students, hoping to remain invisible.

"Kat!"

She mentally cursed at her own stupidity; Valary DiBenedetto could spot a person she knew in a crowd of a thousand.

"Wait up!"

Reluctantly, the weary girl stopped and turned to face the direction of the voice.

"Where were you this morning? Everyone missed you and- Kat?" Noticing the distant look on her best friend's face Val immediately stopped her chattering "Are you okay?"

Kat shrugged allowing a loud sigh to escape her lungs as the two began to walk. "Not really."

*

So, Val now knew.

"I still can't believe you're going to travel the world," She breathed in both amazement and slight jealousy as the two girls exited the school building.

Kat shrugged, all emotive feelings had seemed to have evacuated her body "How do you think the guys will take it?"

Chewing slightly on her bottom lip Val turned her head towards her worried looking friend, slinging an arm around her shoulders "I'm not sure," She said, squeezing Kat tightly to her in a comforting hug "When're you gunna tell them?"

Kat glanced to her best friend, unease shining in her baby blues She also sighed when her gaze fell upon Matt's house as they fastly approached it "Now I guess."

"Kat!" The first to spot her and rush over was Jimmy as he gathered her up in his long, drummer's arms. "Where the fuck have you been today?"

Before she could answer Matt, Zach, Wendt, Leana and Michelle joined them, forming a mini pile on in the middle of the street.

Unable to hold back a smile she attempted to sway them away "GUYS!" She protested as loud as her voice could manage "Let me in and I'll tell you!" She added, trying her hardest to hide her disappointment that Brian had been the only one to keep his distance.

"Come on!" Jimmy complained impatiently once they were all sat or stood in Matt's garage "What's with the sadface KitKat?"

A lump formed in her throat upon hearing her nickname - being away from the guys for a whole year was going to be beyond tough "Me and my mom; we're going travelling," She started, noting confused looks already appearing on her friend's faces "Around the world...for a year."

Jaws dropped, eyebrows creased into frowns but no reaction was as bad as Brian's. His prized guitar fell to the floor with a crash, an angered look gracing his features.

"Well that's fucking that then isn't it," He muttered beneath his breath, turning and storming out of the garage.

Kat glanced around her friends, wide eyed. All of them - apart from Zach - urging her to go after the guitarist. Taking the majority vote she stalked after him, as fast as her legs could carry her.

"BRIAN" She called after him, jogging to catch him up. Unexpected thunder pounded through the air and she, near enough, jumped out of her skin "Fuck."

As large, heavy rain drops started descending on them she finally caught up with him "I'm sorry!" She called over the noise of the up and coming storm.

He stopped in his tracks and sighed "You don't have to apologise Kat."

Stomping round to face him she searched his features in confusion "Then what is it?"

He ran his hands through his sopping wet hair "I just can't do this anymore."

"Do what?" She frowned, the storm no longer bothering her "It was your idea to do this 'make Zach jealous' thing!"

He turned away from her for a second with a frustrated groan "Just forget about Zachary fucking Baker Kat!" He exclaimed, resting his hands on her shoulders he leant down so their eyes met.

"Brian...I don't know what you want me to say..."

He shook his head "I don't want words, I want you to look ahead of you instead of behind," His chocolate brown orbs searched her icy blues for another second "I'm going home."

Feeling helpless she watched as he turned his back on her once more and walked away "Brian!" Calling after him seemed to be the only thing to do.

He turned for a few seconds. His familiar handsome face causing the usual swooping sensation in her stomach and her heart to swell.

It was only at that moment, as she searched his features - the gorgeous sparkling brown eyes, his toned torso, muscular guitarist arms- that she realised exactly what that feeling - one she had felt every time she had seen him for as long as they'd been friends - was.

He sent her a shrug "I'll call you tomorrow Kat." And, as soon as the last syllable left his mouth he stalked off into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Has everyone seen Syn's new chest tattoo??
Its lovely and awesome at the same time :D