Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Thursdays

Thursdays are never fun.

Stalking down the school corridor, hood pulled up over her hair, Kat made her way to her locker.

Thursdays always go slow - prolonging the wait until the weekend.

Sighing heavily she slammed her locker shut and headed to her first class of the day.

Thursdays reminded her of Brian, it being their movie night, and that's why they sucked most of all.

After having Brian Elwin Haner Jnr in on her mind all night she was hoping to escape what was going on in her head during the day.

But, it being Thursday put a stop to her escape.

Mentally cursing Thursdays and their total lack of point she entered her Biology classroom. The empty seat beside her made it obvious Brian was skipping today.

*

Glancing up from her barely touched plate of fries Kat was shocked to see the intense faces of Val, Leana and Michelle.

She raised an eyebrow "Can I help you?"

The intense looks changed slightly and Kat sensed a 'Duh' coming on - if they were all still 12 years old of course.

"Are you going to tell us what's up?" Val asked in concern, Leana and Michelle nodding their heads in agreement from either side of her.

Kat shook her head as the rest of the guys - minus Brian of course - slid into the table.

"C'mon KitKat!" Jimmy exclaimed nudging his friend with his elbow "Eat up Chicken!"

A forced smile tugged at her lips. She picked up one of her fries and slowly crunched on it "Has...anyone heard from Brian today?" She asked slowly, her voice barely louder than a whisper.

The girls exchanged suspicious glances as the guys shrugged.

"Nope," Matt answered "Why? Hasn't he text you?" Shock was evident in his voice for good reason. Kat and Brian were always constantly texting one another while they were apart, sometimes even when they were in the same room.

Kat bowed her head back to her food, not saying another word all lunchtime.

*

"Hey Kat!" Zach called, running to catch up with his best friend.

Without a word she sent him a forced smile as his arm rested on her shoulders.

"So," He began, raising his eyebrows slightly "There's this party happening at Ty's house tonight, are you up for it?"

Now usually, her reaction would include asking if Val/Michelle/Leana was going before attempting to find an excuse, ducking out then being taxi for Zach and Brian later on. Instead a different reply floated from her lips;

"Will there be alcohol?"

Zach's eyebrows twitched in amazement and confusion passed across his face quickly "There will indeed."

"I'll be there."

*

It didn't take long before Kat realised the party was clearly for members of the baseball and football teams and none of her friends would have been invited.

She trailed after Zach, his hand encased tightly around hers so she couldn't get lost. Although she had assumed a party was exactly what she needed all she felt like doing was going home and hiding beneath her bedsheets.

"You okay?" Zach frowned, noticing her absent mindedly checking her phone for, what had to be, the 50th time.

She smiled "Fine, thought my phone had buzzed," She replied, shouting over the pounding music "I'm going to get us a drink."

"Don't be too long!" Zach smiled, squeezing her hand as she turned to walk away.

A flurry of butterflies burst into her stomach and, unable to control it, a wide grin tugged at her lips "Two minutes, stay here," she replied before wandering in a direction she assumed was to the kitchen.

Once their usual drinks - Budweiser for him and a vodka redbull for her - were clutched in her hands she attempted to squeeze back the way she came, soon spotting Zach speaking to a blonde guy she recognised from the baseball team.

"...brought Kat Jacobs instead of Alice?" She heard Blonde Guy - Mick? Mark? - ask Zach. She paused for a second, wondering why that would be an issue.

"You know she's away with her family Mike! And Kat is my best friend," Zach replied, a different smile - one Kat didn't recognise - stretched across his features. "Plus it helps to keep Kat sweet."

She frowned, her heart pounding as she awaited 'Mike's' reply.

"Dude, I don't know how you keep it up!" He chuckled.

"I've got the best of both worlds," Zach shrugged, looking smug at his team mate's jealousy "I have super hot girlfriend and I have Kat - who'll do everything Alice won't, watch my baseball games, drive me round, lend me money if I need it..." He sighed contently "It's like I have two girlfriends."

'Mike' shook his head in disbelief "And Kat knows you're never gunna break up with Alice right?"

Zach shrugged, an unfamiliar cocky air around him "Kat knows I'm not interested."

Tears coming to her face she felt the two drinks slip from her fingers, heard the glass as it smashed on the floor.

By the time Zach and his friend turned to see what had happened she was gone. Fleeing to the only place that came to mind at a time like this;

Brian's
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay the tattoo. I saw this picture on the A7x facebook, noticed that it looked like he had new ink poking over the top of his shirt so I - being nosey haha - googled 'Synyster Gates new tattoo' and it came up with A picture of them with Mike's daughter

I think it's adorably awesome :)