Status: Stupidly Stuck On Where To Go Next With This Story...Damn Writers Block -_-

Like I Do

Always

The light tapping of stones on his bedroom window meant only one thing to Brian Haner Jnr. A million thoughts rushed through his mind as he pulled on a pair of sweat pants and a hoodie. Was he ready to see her again?

He softly padded down the stairs, careful to not wake his baby sister, and made his way to the back door - her silhouette visible through the frosted glass.

Sighing he ran his hands through his hair a few times before slowly and quietly unlocking the door.

His heart lurched painfully when he saw her - dressed in her favourite dress with her high heeled shoes she treasured clutched in her hand, mascara and eyeliner streaked down her pale, tear stained face.

"Kat," he whispered weakly, taking her into his arms and allowing her to cry into his chest "What happened?" He waited a few more seconds before leading her over to a garden bench "Are you hurt?"

"I-i-it's Z-z-ach," She managed to splutter out.

Brian frowned in concern "Is Zach hurt?"

She shook her head "H-he's a pr-prick."

He pulled her close to him once again, stroking her hair soothingly "What did he do?" He asked, anger rising through his body. Zach Baker never realised how lucky he was.

As she spluttered through the story, her heart breaking before his very eyes, Brian could have killed Zach.

"C-can I come in?" She asked, her voice weak and shaky.

"Of course," He soothed, keeping his arm around her shoulders as he lead her inside "I'll find you some clothes to change into while you ring Lucy," He smiled, handing her the house phone. The smile remained on his face as he overheard her explain to her mom she'd be at Brian's for the night "Here," He said once her conversation was over, passing her a pair of long shorts and one of his shirts.

"Do you think Papa Haner and Suzy will mind me being here?" She asked in a whisper as she sat beside him on his bed. Brian raised his eyebrows in her direction making her giggle, Brian's father and step mother loved her "Come lay with me?" She asked, laying her head on his pillow.

He let out a sigh as he joined her, laying on his side so he was facing her and keeping a certain distance away.

"I'm sorry," She whispered, edging closer and noticing the pained look in his eyes as she did so.

"Kat, I already said, you don't need to apologise. If you don't feel the same it-"

"No!" She exclaimed, placing a hand softly on his shoulder "No, I...I'm sorry for not realising sooner. It's always been you Brian, always been you," he frowned in confusion, urging her to continue as her hand travelled up and cupped his face "I buried my feelings for you, stupidly thinking Zach would dump the DumbBitch for me, but deep down I've always know that I love you."

Wrapping an arm around her waist he pulled her close to his body "I kept it hidden because I genuinely thought he loved you back; that's why I came up with the plan. I knew I'd get hurt but I just wanted you to be happy, whatever the cost," Anger flooded his features once more "Then one day I mentioned you in conversation, he warned me off you and, when I asked if he was going to ask you out he laughed. That's when I began to het annoyed with your efforts to catch his eye - a guy like him doesn't deserve you Kat."

"When did you know?"

He frowned in confusion once more "What? That I loved you?" When she nodded he continued "The first time I saw your eyes."

Without another word she gently pressed her lips against his before succumbing to the drama of the night, finding her eyelids becoming heavy, and allowing herself to fall asleep.

Cuddled up in Brian's arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
KatOutfit

Sorry its so short, I'm ill :(