Status: im working on it

The stages of falling

Chapter Ten

The next morning I woke with a headache, I walked down my stairs lazily to find lee lying on the couch. I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen to grab some pain killers. I took 2 quickly, sipping on some water. I walked past lee and nudged him with my foot. He woke in a shock. And then flipped me off.

‘Get upppp. You have to work’ I smiled and walked up to my room.

I instantly got ready with some trouble with my new cast; I showered with one arm out of the shower and choose a shirt with big arm holes so I could fit the cast through. When I finally got my pants and beanie on with great difficulty I headed straight to work.

‘Girl, I leave you for one night and you do that?’ Eric laughed pointing to my wrist.

‘It wasn’t my fault, my friend landed on me’ I inspected the cast while he laughed at me. He grabbed a big black marker and held my wirst still as he drew something on the cast, after what seemed like forever he was done and I looked down at the cast.

‘Eric is the hottest man-candy alive’ it read, and next to it he put his number and ‘call me’

‘So you’re using me for advertising?’

‘Yes I am, you see a hot single guy, you show him that. Okay?’ he laughed and I shook my head smiling.

We then entered a day’s work of stacking CDs, swiping barcodes and occasionally leading small children away from the heavy metal isle.

I was stacking the records in the corner when I suddenly thought of oli, I took my phone out and texted him.

How’s your sister? I hope she’s okay

I continued stacking the records and a loud yell was heard followed by a vibration down my leg from my phone.

‘What the fuck was that?’ Eric ran in worried.

I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen to find olivers face and a received text from him.

I shook my head smiling ‘nothing, I think Oliver programmed my phone to screech every time he texts me’

Eric sighed and walked out to rejoin the box of CD’s he was stacking.

Yo, waddup home slice
Up for hanging out tonight?

I thought for a moment, and knew I probably didn’t have anything to do tonight anyway, I thought I would leave Oli to be with his sister for the next few days. I pressed reply.

Ehhh, why not.
Pizza and videogames at mine?

Dannng, why can’t there be more girls like you around
I’ll be there 6ish he replied.

I laughed and shut my phone checking the time, I had 20 minutes left of my shift and I was pretty much finished with all the work I had to do today. So I joined Eric in the pop isle.

‘Need some help hun?’

‘Sure, that would be lovely. You finish at 5:30 today yeah?’

‘Yep’ I answered as I stacked a couple CDs on the shelf.

‘Alright, can you do closing tomorrow then?’

“Fine” I over exaggerated.

He grabbed the CDs from my hand “Don’t get snappy with me” he answered back.

I snorted and grasped him in a tight hug, he wriggled out and left me laughing.

‘I’ll do the register’

‘That would be lovely darling’ he shoved me off smiling.

When 5:30 hit the dot I said my goodbyes to Eric and headed down the street to my parked car. I hopped in realizing I had no gas I drove to the gas station closest to my house and hopped out of the car to gas it. The strong smell of gas filled my nostrils, as a loud car came speeding in to the gas pump next to me. I rolled my eyes as four guys got out of the car laughing and talking loudly amongst themselves.

‘I reckon he should just get her to have an abortion dude’

‘That’s immoral, and the chick just won’t let it happen’

‘I’m guessing the only reason she wants to keep it is cause she wasn’t him all to herself’

They all laughed at this remark and I looked up to catch a glimpse of them. I recognized two of them, one with caramel hair and dark eyes and one with dark hair and blue eyes. Curtis; olis friend and Tom; olis brother. I furrowed my brows and one of them caught site of me.

‘NICOLE’ Tom said as he came running over to me he hugged me tightly and I nearly dropped the gas pump.

‘Whoa tiger, calm down’ I laughed trying to keep my wrist clear of anymore injury.

‘You finally show your face’ Curtis said, giving me a less enthusiastic hug.

‘Well I guess I should have sooner, me getting back together with oli and all’

‘What?’ Tom seemed confused.

‘Oh, he hasn’t told you yet?’

‘Well I guess that means you sorted everything out with SJ then’ he smiled.

‘Yeah, oli said he never really had anything with her anyway’ I smiled while I put away the gas pump and got my wallet from the front seat.

‘Well I’m glad about that, I really like you Nicole. You’re good for oli’ Tom said and Curtis agreed.

I returned this remark with a smile.

‘What happened to your arm nic?’ Curtis asked.

‘You remember ali? Yeah well she fell on me’ I laughed.

They recalled my best friend and laughed.

‘aww, do you have a marker?’ Tom asked.

‘Umm, I don’t think I do. Sorry’ I made a face.

‘It’s aright, ill catch you next time’ he smiled.

At that moment that same loud yell came from my phone and I quickly took it out of my pocket.

‘What the fuck?’ they all laughed ‘Nice ringtone’

I smiled and read the message displayed across my screen

Dude, im here where are youuuuu?
Hurry up im hungry and I wanna kick your ass at halo

‘Crap’ I mumbled to myself.

‘Sorry boys, loved the chat, but I got a friend waiting for me at mine’

‘s’alrught. Ill you see you round?’ Tom asked hopefully.

‘Off course’ I hugged him tightly. They all started walking away and tom stopped me before I left.

‘Hey Nicole, just stick with oli through this whole SJ thing, he really needs you right now’
I just smiled, not really understanding what he meant by that. And in the next minute he was gone in the loud car he arrived in. I quickly payed for the gas, picking up some candy and chocolate while I was there. When I got back into my car I thought some more about what tom had said.

Did he mean that SJ was still in olis life? Or did he mean oli was still getting over SJ?
I shook these thoughts from my mind, remembering I could trust oli no matter what. I drove off to my house with Bush playing loud in my speakers. When I finally arrived oliver was lying on the hood of his car looking up at the stars.

I got out of the car and came over to him climbing the hood.
♠ ♠ ♠
yayyyy
things are gonna get exciting.
i promise.
just letting you in on a secret; i started writing this a long time ago, my writing style changes in the next chapter casue i left it for a while, so if you like my other Oli story, this one's gonna be a lot like it soon.

HUGS AND KISSES,