Status: im working on it

The stages of falling

Chapter Eight

‘It sure is sir’ I didn’t turn around, I continued piling CDs

‘Then why is that Hannah Montana chick stocked ? that overplayed, processed noise is far from anything music related’

‘Finally someone who shares my opinion’ I turned to find that familiar pair of brown eyes. Oliver.

I should have known. I smiled and hugged him.

‘I got off my shift early, wanna hang now?’

‘Argh, shit. I forgot. I have to lock this place up. It closes at 6…’

‘Not a problem. A pretty girl, a record store. What more can I ask for?’

‘Wow you dream big don’t you?’ I chuckled.

I bent over to reach for another box of CDs to sort. I looked at the last box, it was labeled isle: POP. I honestly hated that isle. Oliver pulled my new sidekick out of my pocket, I just let him take it, what’s the worst that could happen?

I heard a camera shot. ‘and what are you taking photos of on my phone?’

‘Your ass’ he chuckled.

‘Hey!’ I turned around to grabbed my phone while holding the box of records, I wasn’t exactly successful, I grabbed the box with my sore wrist and in the next 3 seconds he dodged my grab and I was on the floor surrounded by CDs I would have burnt if I had the chance.
I tired but I couldn’t suppress my laughter, and neither could he. He was on the floor with me laughing and at that moment he took a snapshot of both of us. I must say it was quite a the captured moment. I finally got my phone back and we both piled the CDs into the box, he picked it up and carried it to the Pop isle.

He helped by placing the CDs in the right artist and occasionally making rude or mocking remarks towards the artists, all I could do was laugh.

my phone vibrated.

‘Who’s that?’

‘Probably my boyfriend, he thinks im with my best friend ali’

‘Your boyfriend’s the guy who punched me yeah ?’

‘Sure is’ I smiled.

‘I think we can keep this a secret’ he smiled back

I read the text message.
From: Ali
Hey, did I really hurt your wrist this morning? Cause it was looking a little purple when I left

I thought to check it and pulled my sleeve up. My wrist was swollen twice the size it was this morning and it was a tint of blue with spots of purple.

‘I’m pretty sure your wrist isn’t supposed to look like that’ he pulled up his sleeve and checked his ‘yeah that is a little out of the ordinary’

‘It makes jokes, you’re cute’

‘Thank you’ he curtsied.

I laughed and pressed reply to ali:
Haha,
Its kinda blue now.

I put my phone in my pocket and got the keys to lock up the store. I pulled the door down halfway and went to the back room to turn off all the lights. It was dark when I left the backroom, the light from outsides sunset was shining through the half opened door to the store.

‘Oliver, time to go’ no answer, I really hated when people hid and expected you to find them. I shrugged and ducked under the door to leave. Within the next 5 seconds he rushed to roll under the door and watched me lock it from outside.

‘For the record, I hate hide and seek’

He smiled and laughed. My phone vibrated and rung.

‘I’m sorry. I knew it didn’t look right. And knowing my mum, when she found out she felt super bad. She called your mum and were taking you to the hospital tonight, your mums gonna take care of you there’

‘Hi ali, nice to hear from you’

‘Oh cut the sarcasm dickhead, were picking you up at 8’

‘Ehhh, alright. See you then buttface’

‘I freaking love you’ she laughed at my choice of insult.

‘See who then?’ Oliver was a curious one

‘My friend, she fell on my wrist this morning and now she’s taking me to the hospital out of guilt’ I laughed.

‘Can I come?’ he made a pouty face.

‘I would love for you to come, but-‘ before I could even make up an excuse he cut in.

‘Which hospital?’

‘Rademacher general, it’s down the road from the coffee shop’

‘I’ll meet you there then’ he smiled, this boy just didn’t stop.

‘Alright, I’ll probably be there 8ish’

I hoped into my car and he waved goodbye as I drove away. I picked up my CD case and flicked through the CDs at the traffic lights. I choose some Smashing Pumpkins to drive me home. The heavy sound of Zero was blasting when I arrived home. I slammed my door behind me and walked up my porch steps to find the door already open.

‘Lee?’
‘And Aaron’ I heard from Lees room
‘Oh hey Aaron’ I smiled, leaning into lees room ‘you know where lee is? im being picked up in like an hour, gotta tell him’

‘You’re hot like what?’

‘Huh?’

‘The singlet.. .’

‘Ignore that, just tell me where lee is’

‘He’s in the laundry room’ Aaron smiled he’s huge smile and went back to typing something on Lees laptop.

‘Is it possible for this room to get any more disgusting…?’

‘Well, im feeling a fart coming on so-‘

‘Okay leaving, pleasure as usual’ he howled in laughter and I was forced to smile as I walked down the hall to the laundry room.

I found Lee pulling out my all the tops from the washing machine, at least I found them. But they were wet. Meaning I had to use this singlet for the rest of the day.

‘Lee, alis mum is taking me to mums hospital at 8, just letting you know’

‘That’s cool, hey why were you home so late? Thought the shift ended at 3’

‘Eric was away, so I had to lock up. And Oliver visited me, so we hung out for a bit’

‘I haven’t heard you use his full name ever.. .’

‘Oh nah, this is a different Oliver. From the coffee shop’

‘I remember him, brews a good coffee, polite boy. I like him’

‘Yeah I’m dating oli, nothing you can do about it’ I left the laundry room and stepped into my
room collapsing on the bed. I fell asleep for exactly an hour before ali came barging into my room telling me to get up.

‘Are you insane? What’s with the shirt? My mums gonna-‘

‘I’ll button the cardigan, calm down mum’ I chuckled. I quickly buttoned the cardigan, slipped on my black flats and pulled out my lip ring in a hurry.

‘Bye Lee’ I called as I walked out the door.
I hopped into Ali’s mums car with a big smile and my best manners, something that took a whole lot of fucking energy.

We made polite conversation until a subject I was surprised to talk about breached.
‘Oh Ali, remember that tattooed boy, with the piercings and the brown hair we always spot?’
‘His name is Oli mum, and yes I do know him’
‘Please tell me you haven’t had close association with him, he seems…well, he seems bad’

‘Mum, for all we know he could be a decent guy with his everyone’s best interest at heart’

I sat in the back seat pretending I had no idea who they were talking about, ali looked back every now and then with an apologetic look, mouthing the word sorry.

‘Well let me tell you, he does appreciate girls’ she lightly chuckled.
My heart skipped a beat.

‘I saw him with this blonde girl this afternoon, hardly wearing any clothing, tattoos everywhere. They were hardly hiding their affection for each other’ her tone was very disapproving

‘Maybe they’re just friends…’ Ali tried to insert some hope into this comment.

‘Trust me darling the way they were hugging, that’s not how friends act’
I wasn’t sure what to think about oli. I had pretty much handed him my heart back and he did this to me. I still had the smallest amount of hope left in me to think he was just visiting a friend, and anyway, alis mum did over exaggerate things. I didn’t want to believe oli would do this, so I pushed every minute of this car ride to the back of my mind.
I hopped out of the car and said my thank yous. Ali followed after saying goodbye to her mum.

‘Listen, nic. Im sorry about that, im sure its nothing..’

‘It isn’t, oli wouldn’t do that’ I was so certain it scared me. Ali sighed and walked to the front desk with me.

‘Nurse Stokes please, im her daughter’ I smiled sweetly.

‘Nicole ? my dear. How are you? We haven’t seen you since…the accident’ she worded that very politely.

‘You mean when my boyfriend pushed me out of my tree house? You can say it, he’s done worse’ the words fell out fast and she was left speechless.
♠ ♠ ♠
ouuuch, awkward turtle moment...
OHKAYY,
enjoyyy

SUB AND CMT?
pretty please :)