Status: not active. soz.

When You're Strange

The Band.

After we left the mall we were all on our way to the strip club, when Jimmy got a call.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hey dumb ass, no talking while driving. I don't wanna fucking die in a car full of retards," Frank said.

"Man, can someone please shut his midget ass up. I'm talking here."

"Frank shut the hell up."

We all remained quiet for the 10 minutes Jimmy spent talking in the phone. We weren't too sure who or what he was talking about, cause he kept saying 'mhmm' or 'yea'. After a while, he hung up. Then a wide grin appeared on his face out of nowhere.

"What happened?" I asked.

"That was my old friend, he said that he's getting the old band back together and if I wanted to re-join."

"And?"

"And what?"

"Are you joining again?"

"Fuck yeah man, I don't have anything better to do with my life right now. So I'm all up for it dude, I just need to practice my drumming skills again. It's been a while since I've played," he said in a joyful mood.

"What? So were not going to the club anymore?" Frank asked.

"Well I'm not, I have to go with the band for practice. Were starting today cause my mate booked us a gig in 2 weeks."

"Well just drop me off and pick me up at midnight."

We stopped at the Twisting Titty, which was Frank's favorite strip club. He was a regular at this place and as soon as he got out of the car, the security greeted him with a smirk and soon let him in.

"It's about time we got rid of his ass man, we should really stop hanging out with him," Jimmy said, as he started the car.

Jimmy drove to his friend's house which was just a few minutes away from the club. His name was Julian and was the lead singer of the band. Jimmy kept bragging about how good this guy was, I really had to see this for myself.

"Dude, I swear to fucking god he sounds like John Lennon and a bit of Robert Plant mixed together, y'know what I'm saying man?" he asked me.

I just nodded and rolled my eyes. He sounded like he was in love with him or something. Jimmy parked the car in front of a nice little black and red house, that had System of a Down blasting from the backyard. Jimmy started giggling to himself as soon as he heard the music. Jimmy got out of the car and ran to the back, while Patrick, Charlie, and I slowly followed.

The backyard was huge,and there was already a drum set for Jimmy in the back, a
Rickenbacker 325 on its stand, and the microphone all set up for the band. I kept wondering if they have a rhythm guitarist and bassist.

"Hey, is this the band?" I asked.

"Oh Syd, I forgot about you bro. Here, let me introduce you to my good ol' band mates here," he chuckled.

He walked me over to the two guys that were there.

"Syd this is Julian, he's the vocalist for the band."

He didn't say anything, but he smiled and shook my hand. Julian didn't look like the type of guy that'll be in a band. He was a good looking dude, so he's probably here to get laid. He didn't have any tats or piercings, and he dressed exactly like Brandon Flowers. His outfit was well ironed, and wore clean and expensive clothes. And Frank would probably shit bricks, cause this guy wore a Rolex.

"And," Jimmy said. "This guy and I go way back to 7th grade, where we used to sneak in the girls locker room."

"Hey I'm Roger," he introduced himself, and shook my hand.

Roger dressed like any 20 something year-old would dressed. Casual t-shirt, with baggy ripped jeans, and dirty vans. He was wearing aviators, so I couldn't really see his face too good. But to me, he kind of looked like David Gilmour with shorter hair.

While the guys were waiting for the rest of the band to show up, Patrick, Charlie and I just sat in the skate ramp in front of the garage where they were at. They both looked like they didn't want to be there, but I was just excited to see what the big deal is with these guys, and if they're even good. I was in a band for 4 years back in the day, and we were fucking good, so I'll be the judge of this.

After 20 minutes the rhythm guitarist, bassist, and keyboardist arrived and started setting up their instruments and amps. They started arguing about which song they should play, I got annoyed by they're bitchy voices so I just shouted 'A Day in the Life' out of nowhere.

"Beatles? Are you serious?" Julian questioned.

"Jimmy said you sounded exactly like John Lennon, and I love that song, so I wanna hear you guys play it. And to see if you really do sound like John," I smiled.

Julian just rolled his eyes, made a nasty face, and flipped me off. I could tell were not gonna get along.
He turned around to the band to rehearse for a minute when Jimmy held his drumsticks high up and yelled "One, two, one, two, three, four!"

When Roger started with the beginning chords, and the keyboardist started the song. As soon as Julian opened his mouth and sung the lyrics, I actually couldn't believe it. He did sound like John, and to be honest I was quite jealous of him, maybe because I don't like him.

"A crowd of people stood and stared. They'd seen his face before, nobody was really sure if he was from the House of Lords," he sang.

After a minute they stopped because Julian didn't feel comfortable singing in front of a bunch of jackasses. Patrick just made a 'what the fuck' face, stood up, and left. He couldn't stand being insulted, he was big, but was a really sensitive guy. I'm not sensitive, but it really did offend me when he called us jackasses. Just because you're handsome, rich, and sound like John Lennon, doesn't mean your better than everyone. I got even more pissed when Jimmy didn't even defend us and told us to leave .

"What do you mean leave, man? I didn't say or do anything to that asshole, why the hell is he kicking us out?" I questioned.

"Well first off, you just called him an asshole, which means you did say something. Second, he doesn't feel comfortable being told what song to do, and third, this is his house so just go home and I'll tell you how it went," Jimmy explained.

"You know what Jimmy, you guys fucking suck. I actually thought you guys were good, cause of all the hype you were causing, but you were so fucking wrong. The guitarist was out of tune, you don't have good rhythm, and the vocalist sounds like Yoko Ono. You know I'm gonna start a band and were gonna be way better than you and your band of assholes!" I shouted, and left with Charlie behind me.

I really didn't know where that came from, but I was now worried. Where the hell am I gonna get a band and a guitar? I haven't played in two years, and I sold my Gibson Explorer a year ago, cause I never used it anymore.

Charlie and I caught up to Patrick, who was sitting on the hood of the car. Neither of us had the keys to car, so we just decided to walk home. It was a nice afternoon and a mile away, so it was gonna be a nice walk.

"So, are you really gonna start a band or were you just saying that to make him mad?" Charlie asked.

"Hell no man, I really mean that shit. I just need a new guitar, a vocalist, 2 guitarists, a drummer, and people that actually know how to play their instruments. I've met a shit load of people that think they're band worthy after playing an instrument for only 2 months, you need more experience than that dude," I told him.

"Well I'm not that experienced, but I've been told I'm a pretty good singer," he smirked.

Oh god.

"Oh, really?" I asked, not really interested in the conversation.

"Yea, I was in choir for 3 years in high school."

"Yea, but Charlie you don't really know the kind of music I like. I like being in metal bands, like Metallica or Megadeth kind of bands," I explained.

"Oh my god, I can totally sing like those guys, even though I'm gay, I can totally sound like a tough guy on steroids," he smirked.

"Oh okay, so you can sing. Alright, alright I think were really gonna do this, okay, so Patrick, can you play something? Or have you ever played and instrument in your life?" I asked him.

"Um, well Jimmy used to show me how to drum a few years ago. It was when he was still with his band, he let me use his drums and taught me how to play some songs. So I guess I can be the drummer."

To be honest, I really didn't want Patrick in the band, cause I'm pretty sure he's just making shit up so he could fit in. But I have heart, so I'll let him in.

"Okay, until you get a set of drums, you're in," I said, while rubbing my eyes.

He just jumped up and down, I really didn't want him in the band. I mean, what if he wears those purple spandex to a gig one day, we'll look like fucking clowns. I just had to come clean to Patrick, and tell him what I really feel about his wardrobe.

"Um Patrick, before you actually join the band, I want you to start dressing like your in a band."

"How?"

"Just wear some normal jeans and a band shirt, and please stop wearing those spandex, please, it's horrid," I mentioned.

He just nodded, still smirking. I guess were really doing this. I actually can't wait till we get our instruments. I thought about more people to join the band, when Frank came to mind. I heard he used to play in a Bruce Springsteen cover band in the 80's. Dear lord, would I have loved to have seen that. I laughed at the thought and mentioned it to Patrick.

"Oh my god, we should totally ask Frank to join, don't you think?"

I just bit my lip and pictured us getting laughed at on stage, we will definitely look stupid with Frank, he just, doesn't really fit in.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback would be lovely. :}