Trick or Treat with a Green Day Twist

Shit

I sat there chuckling to myself as I saw the two bicker.

"BILLIE YOU GOT TO DO IT!" Tre said loudly pointing an accusing finger at Billie

"But, but, I THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE!"

At this point Mike came in from the corner after watching from afar. With Katherine in tow.

"Bill, you got to do it man...I am actually surprised it didn't happen sooner. Time to own up bud."
Something told me that Mike wanted to see this as much as Tre did. Billie had a look that could kill on. Tre had a smug look on his face, knowing that he had won. We stood back from the scene, watching interested in what was going to happen. At this point, Billie shot me a sort of dirty look.

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT?!" he yelled in my direction in a whiny voice.

Right after he said that, who I assumed was his wife entered. She was the woman that jumped in front of me with blood dripping down her face with the chainsaw. She was quite pretty when you actually saw her in the light. And not screaming with a running chainsaw in hand.

She looked in our general direction with an amused look on her face. I could of only imagined what was going though her head at this point, to see duplicates of her husband and his band-mates in the house, and them yelling at each other.She started to chuckle a bit

"Hi my name is Adie."she said, extending her hand to me first. She eyed me up and down with a smile on her face.

"As I can see, you must be fans. Great work.." and looked at me, "you do look a lot like Billie." she said laughing. She as well made me stand straight and pose so she could see my full effect. As I stood still she walked around me. Taking in detail. She, as well, did the same thing Billie had done minutes ago and stared at me straight in the eye.

"Uhhh, Adie....I hate to say the same thing as I did to your, uh, husband but...personal bubble." As I once again made the outline around me. I have a little thing with people being like 2 inches from me....it just makes me fidgety. She continued to look in my eyes. My hand instinctively went behind my neck and I started to grip the back of my neck with my hand out of habit. Once more one of my fidgety habits. She let out a small grin.

"Your eyes aren't naturally green." she said with satisfaction on her face.

";Yeah, I got colored contacts. My eyes are naturally blue green..if I put on enough eyeliner, they turn Green." I usually did this anyway, but it looks better with contacts. There was a distant look on her face, looking in mine I felt she was thinking something that I couldn't really place. A thought that I was too wrapped up in myself at the moment to even think about.

My attention, as well as Adie's, was drawn to the middle of the living room were Billie and Tre were bickering.

It stopped. Thats what caught our attention. The droning of their bickering had stopped and Tre was currently bent over with his pants around his ankles. Billie Joe went to actually go kiss his ass.

Before he barely got to the butt, the whole room erupted in a roar of laughter from one thing...Tre farted directly in Billie Joe's face.

I collapsed laughing.

Billie's face was priceless. Totally and completely disgusted,enraged, and somewhat disbelief. Adie, myself, Katherine, Tre, Mike, and Vicky, were rolling on the floor in laughter.

Tre managed to say something out of his fit, "Oh God.. I have been holding that one in for years." And he continued laughing so hard that he and I cried, and my side hurt like a bitch.

I attempted at getting up. Holding my stomach in the process. I stood up like a newborn, my legs were wobbly, everyone in the room was trying to recover. I started to fall but I felt someone catch me. I looked up and Katherine was there holding on the back of my shirt laughing as well. I stood up and let out a large sigh. Looking back down on the white tiled floor, I saw black eyeliner droppings from several areas.

"Uh sorry to do that to your tiles." I said chuckling a bit holding my stomach.

Adie and Billie looked down, and started out in a fresh new wave of laughter. When you looked at the white tile, there were spots were we cried from laughing too much. From were I was,Vicky was, and actually, were Billie, and Tre were as well, Adie just left red spots from the fake blood.

Even as I laughed, I looked over by the door and saw my poor Gonzo once again. I was brought back down to the world with grief. The others in the room started talking. I left the room and went to the front door to look at the remnants of My favorite memory, My worst fear, and My biggest hope. My guitar. It sounds stupid to say, but really, my guitar was all I ever needed. Music was my life, and I really fell in love with it. Sure...I still had my electric, but Gonzo was my very first guitar, and my last remnants of my father, as I had stated earlier.

I said to myself, "Oh god, I'm not gonna be able to fix you babe..." I looked into his shiny blue body, caressing it. Trying to bring back fond memories of when my dad taught me songs. The first song I learned to play with my dad...the last one he taught me.. and I saw my reflection. Dried eyeliner ran down my face.

Flashback

Dad's funeral

I made my way up to the stand were the microphone was at. The person who lead the Ulagy asked if anyone wanted to say any last words, and I had prepared something. My dad's former band mates came up to join me.

"Hey , guys, we prepared something to say a goodbye to my dad...this ones for you pop.."

I was holding back tears that were burning at my insides. The day was a cold breezy day in autumn. In Southern California, these were to be cherished, but I wished so much for it to just go away. I took my place in the front, were the mic stood. my dad's blood brother, bassist from the band, and best friend from the bike gang he road with, Mike, went to his spot. Vinny went to the drums, and Cheif went to sit down at the flute. All guys that I grew up with, as my second dad's, they knew what I felt, but this was how I said goodbye, by playing music. I picked up Gonzo and started in the last song my father ever taught me, and the last one he ever played for me..


I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind.
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see


I started to choke up, my voice was getting shaky, all the feelings resurface once a song is played, all the emotions, all the memories.

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind

[Now] Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, and all your money won't another minute buy


I had ended the song best I could, as of now I was crying, not sobbing, just silent tears ran down my face, as my shaky voice belted out the last lines in the song.

Dust in the wind, all we are is dust in the wind
Dust in the wind, everything is dust in the wind.


I grabbed close for the first person that I felt, not saw...I couldn't even see anyone that day. The ironic thing of it is, ever since then my parents friends always referred to me as Ricks kid. I was following in his footsteps someone would say..that just brought back the bitter feeling in my heart. People said that you learn to deal with pain in time, my father was my last living hope. He was my hero, who I looked up too. Emotions blurred together to make a vauge memory of that day. But the evil of pain, brought the emotions back to life, not remorse..

End Flashback

I was thinking to myself, I suppose that's why Green Day is such a big thing to me in my life. Billie Joe almost took place of my father in a sense of comforting. The words spoke healing to my soul in a sense. With every song, I could relate a situation. the emotion, he was someone I looked up to. A man I had never met, and I considered him to be a second father.

I sighed. I was about to cry again, when I felt someone jump on my back. God people gotta stop coming up to me when my back is turned.

I looked back and I actually saw friggen Tre Cool on my back..the real one.

"Wow, I guess I'm stronger than I thought." I said cheekily, trying to forget my memory that I have ended up in more than a few times within these last few years...

he frowned.

"I AM NOT THAT BIG DAMMIT!"

"I know your not, your just big boned."

"Thank you." he said satisfied."So...what's wrong?" he said jumping off my back

I made a swift movement with my hand and pointed to my guitar remnants and put my head in my hands.

"Oh, I'm sorry."he said quietly. I knew he was sorry, but that wasn't gonna bring Gonzo back.

"No...don't be, it was my own fucking fault for taking him out of the house..I gotta...I gotta just...gahhh I don't know what I gotta do."I said hopelessly putting my head in my hands.

Tre actually put a supporting hand on my shoulder.

"Listen, I may not be the one to talk to about this kinda stuff, but I know Bill is a great dude. He usually tries to help everyone he meets. He is actually a lot more caring than people make him out to be."

he wispered "He just makes himself out tougher for his rep."and smiled

Well, it got me to grin. He patted me on the back, and he left to go jump on Vicky's back, in which she immediately collapsed.

I heard my phone go off, my ringtone, I wanna be the Minority was ringing loudly, and I quickly snuffed the phone, and answered it so I wouldn't make a scene.

"Hello?" I answered wiping my face.

"Were the fuck are you?"oh god...my mother. Fuck.

"I am trick or treating ma, I told you that." I said rolling my eyes. Sometimes I think she is going off the deep end.

"Your too fucking old to be trick or treating. Come home."

"Why, so you can fucking bitch at me and make me feel like even MORE shit? You get satisfaction outta that, don't ya mommy dearest?" I said with a snear on my face and venom in my voice. I walked outside so that I wouldn't, once again make a scene

"If You weren't such a smartass then maybe I wouldn't!"

"Takes one to know one jerk."

"YOUR THE MOST UNGRATEFUL CHILD I HAVE EVER KNOWN!"

"Wow, you mean even more than the one you see every day in the mirror?" Crap comeback I know, but I get angry, and when I am angry I tend to shout the first thing I think.

"Just keep talkin like that. You wanna see what happens?" she said threateningly

"Pfft, not like you could do any worse to me." I said rolling my eyes

"You know what? Fuck it! Your out of my house!" She said challengingly

"It wasn't your house to begin with it was My fathers asshole!" My so called mother, came when I was 10, my step-mom. My actual mom died from an asthma attack. She always had problems with that. So when my dad died 3 years later, all I had was the witch.

"Well he ain't around and guess who he left it to. So shove it and get out, I'm sick of your shit!"

"Fuck you..." my voice was dripping with anger. I hung up. I really wish I didn't scream. I felt bad for doing this, prolly having the whole fucking neighborhood hear, and prolly causing trouble for my hero. Way to go asshole.

I turned around to go back inside, and I saw Billie standing in the doorway.

"Shit." I said under my breath.

"I really didn't want you to hear that..I'm sorry for being so loud.." I said guiltily.

He just looked at me. And surprisingly came over and gave me a hug. I was completely offguard and stiffened, but then accepted the hug gratefully. I wasn't gonna break down..not now...not infront of the dude that helped me through life when I needed it most. Even if he didn't know that. It took everything I had to keep it in, but I still couldn't talk, in fear of it all coming out in one swift motion. I attempted anyway.

"I-I..you have no idea how much it meant to see you here. You-you have lyrics that really have gotten me though tough times...I want you to know that you have helped me out so much more than you think" I said. I've been wanting to say that. And I really hoped it didn't sound as fangirl as I thought it sounded. I felt relief. Something I wanted to do since I heard my first GD song.

He broke out into a great big smile. "And you have no Idea how much that meant to me.Tre, told me you were down..I wanted to come and see if I could help, but then I saw that you had a phone call, so I just didn't want to interrupt."

"Heh, I wish you did, maybe then I would still have a place to live." I said rather dryly. I have the biggest mouth, and it always gets me into shit.

"Ye-yeah, I sorta heard it,I'm sorry." he said, and he gave me another reassuring hug. I realized the situation. I haven't felt that comforted for a long time. Since I was 10 and my dad had hugged me telling me it was gonna be ok when mom died. I loved that feeling, and missed it dearly.

"I-I should go, we have imposed on you guys long enough, let me just get the guys and we'll go."I said starting to the door. He grabbed my wrist

"But..were are you gonna go? Just, stay for a while Me and Adie wanted you guys to stay and talk."

I sighed "Ok, mom isn't gonna give a shit when I come to get my crap anyway. I am already fucked, what can it hurt.." I wanted to get my mind off of that nagging sensation, when a memory won't leave you alone, but so far, my attempts have been futile.

I made my way slowly inside. I saw Vicky and Katherine on the couch talking to Adie. Mike and Tre were in the Kitchen. I made my way over to the couch and Billie to the Kitchen. I sat down quietly on the end of the couch looking at my lap. I was just thinking. I wasn't really in the world right then, I was thinking about all these things. I mean, what are the fricken chances that I would meet Green Day, dressed as Green Day, on Halloween? Sounds like something out of one of those stories you read on the internet from one of those fanpages.

I looked over to Adie and my two best friends. They actually looked like they were enjoying themselves.

Adie looked over to me sympathetically.

"Hey, honey, what's wrong?" I really didn't get why these people were being so nice to us. I mean, they were acting completely nice to complete strangers.

"I mean, Adie, there are just...way to many things wrong right now...And I mean, I thank you for your hospitality, but why are you being so nice to complete strangers?" I had to know

She gave me a warm smile as she looked at the photostrip of herself on my arm randomly.

"Billie and I are forced to socialize quite a lot on the road, and we have to talk to complete strangers anyway, it's not really that unnatural to us, and we knew if you got into this country club, you can't be that bad."Oh how little she knew.

My mind started talking to me again. That nagging sensation of my senses colliding. I didn't want to be here when I went through an all out panic attack...not infront of them, I didn't want to ruin it for them...they had been too nice for us to have a burden like me to deal with.

"I-I gotta go guys-" I said while tears were starting to well up fast, I had my cellphone in my pocket, I grabbed my bag of candy and ran out of the house. With no explanation. Just ran. I left Gonzo. I loved him, but I couldn't very well run with him. I jumped the wall, and ran out into the streets of Oakland, like the idiot that I was. My senses were reaching their bitter end, and I was gonna fuck up big time..I had that feeling..

We're gonna have fun tonight.