Status: finished !

Our Love Could Be Forever

We Meant To Be Together

Our gaze met in the precise instant I stood up from picking the ten cents that slipped from my hands. His face looked very similar to me and my heart told me he was the one I thought. We stared at each other’s eyes for seconds that seemed years for me. He couldn’t be him. But then I remembered it all, ten years before this re-meeting. People change, don’t they?

I smiled shyly, so did he. He recognized me. Certainly none of us knew what to do, or how to react. He kept that mischievous look and he has grown more. He was wearing black jeans along with a purple shirt letting me see the tattoos he’s gotten through the years. A silver necklace with a cross hung from his thin neck. And his hair was messy and black. Maybe now he was working in the entertainment industry.

Then I found myself and him walking towards each other. After ten years seeing my ex boyfriend really excited me. I began to get more and more interested of what he has done since we left high school.

When we get to the same place, my heart stopped completely and so my breath did.
He opened up to speak and cut that moment of not so awkward silence.

“Emily!” He greeted me nervous and happy with the wide smile that always characterized him.

“Jimmy! It’s been ages!” I said and smiled also.

We were at the most crowd mall in Cali, but when we talked it felt like we were the only individuals there.

He hugged me tightly and I was shocked.

“I know! I really missed you after leaving high school…” he said and let me go.

“Yeah, but it wasn’t my fault! You were the one who left to NY!” I blamed on him and smiled.
“True…” he said and giggled. “Hmm, do you want to take a coffee and catch up on time?” he asked anxious and smirked.

“Sure!” I agreed and we walked to a coffee shop that was near there.

While we walked, we talked and talked reminding all the things we’d done while teens and mainly when we were dating. He was my first boyfriend and probably the cutest I’ve ever had. He knew how to treat a woman and knew how to keep the loving flame inside my heart.

The rest of the afternoon we spent together talking more and more. Now I knew he wasn’t dating anyone and well I was also single. I wonder what would happen in the future between us. Then I also discover he lived a few streets far from me. Since it was already late, he took me home and told me he would love to see me again, so we agreed on seeing the next day at the beach…

***

The next day I woke up early and picked some fresh new clothes to look pretty. I was feeling happy for being with him for a while again…

I put on my swim suit and then my shorts with my black tank-top. It was a sunny day, so I was going to wear sandals. I looked out the window and the sun was shining; some birds were flying across the blue sky and I wanted to go to the beach in that moment.

Then I devised his car coming and I ran to put on some lipstick. Then the horn sounded and I walked down the stairs to open the door. He was wearing shorts also and an Iron Maiden shirt. He looked so relaxed and happy for what was happening.

I never imagined seeing him again, or if I did, I would have imagined him with a wife and two or more kids. The fact of being with him again made me joyful.

“Hello deary,” he said and kissed my cheek. I smirked.

“Hi Jimmy,” I said and closed the door behind me. We walked to his car and he drove to the beach.

When we arrived, there were a lot of people there swimming some and others playing soccer and volleyball.

We sat down on the warm sand and I was feeling nervous and awkward. What I was supposed to feel?

“I didn’t ask you something yesterday?” he said as he put on his dark glasses.

“What is that?” I asked as I felt my hair on my face due to the wind.

“Are you single?” he asked and giggled. I smiled and nodded my head.

“Oh… aren’t you dating someone?” he asked trying to know more and more.

“Jimmy, if I was taken by someone, believe me, I wouldn’t be here with you.” I explained and dug my feet in the sand.

The sunset was about to start.

“I know that we just met again, but I want to try it out again…” he said talking to me in a riddle.

“What do you mean?” I asked and raised my eyebrow.

“I want you back, like 10 years ago I did.” He explained and my heart was about to explode.
He was just too cute to handle.

He turned to face me and I didn’t know what he was going to do. I felt anxious and my eyes directed my sight to his pink desirable lips.

His hand took my cheek and he placed his lips on mine giving me a sweetly kiss like in the old days he used to do.

“So, what do you say?” he said and grinned.

“That you are as crazy as the first day I met you Jimmy…” I said and smiled.

“And you are as pretty as the first day I met you Emily,” he said imitating me.

“Would you be mine again?” he asked and took my both hands.

“Why wouldn’t I?” I asked him back.

“I love you…” he said and kissed me once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I hope you liked it !