A BitterSweet Story

BitterSweet

The sound of glass breaking and screaming was heard throughout the house. Two frighten children was only 5 years old hiding in a closet trying to block the loud yelling they was hearing downstairs from their parents heated argument. The little boy was shaking and crying while covering his ears. The little girl had her head between her legs holding on tightly to a teddy bear. The fight last all through the night till the cops arrived. Footsteps could be heard coming in the room and someone opening the door to the closet. The Little Boy thought maybe it was one of his parents so he grabbed the first thing and swung it with his eyes closed. The people backed away and tried to grab it out of his hands.

“Hey little boy calm down please I’m here to help you”

The little boy opened his eyes and there stood a police officer holding on to a plastic superman toy. He stood there still shaking.

“It’s alright guys your safe now comes on now...”’ the officer extended out his arm to the small children.

They both looked at each other and slowly got up and walked towards him. The officer picked them both up and carried them outside to a waiting ambulance. The sight of needles and unfamiliar people and smells freaked the little girl out.

“NO! GET OFF ME! WHERE IS MY DADDY AND MOMMY I WANT MY MOMMY AND DADDY!” she screamed and kicked around trying to get away from the people.

“Sweetie please calm down you will see them soon we need to get you and your brother in a safe place ok?

The little girl calmed down a little and nodded her head and grabbed her teddy again and held on to it tightly.

The little boy didn’t say a word his eye was fixed on the different items on the ambulance. After getting out of the hospital a few hours later one of neighbors offered to keep the twin at his house till everything was settled down. They still have not returned to their parents to this very day. The neighbor later adopted the twins.
♠ ♠ ♠
just something short i have not been on this site in a long time first time ever doing a short story