Sequel: Selene’s Moon
Status: Active; Please comment?

Athene’s War of Wisdom

Preface

It was hard for me to believe that I had come here. I wasn’t even entirely sure why I had come here.

But there stood the temple, proud and strong. I could hear the owls, which stayed happily at the roof of the sparkling white marble. I could see the glint off the swords, as two men played a friendly game in front of the monument. I could smell the olive trees, which stayed protectively around the beautiful structure.

Everything about it was mesmerizing. It almost seemed to be pulling me nearer, as my feet slowly walked closer.

I couldn’t seem to figure out what it was about this place that I just seemed to love. Something that always had me coming back. Something was always leading me here, no matter how hard I’d try to stay away.

Nevertheless, I found myself slowly walking up the marble steps that I had walked up so many times before. A breeze flew my hair to the side, making the leaves in the tree rustle, as the familiar scents filled my nose, making me smile.

But I was caught off guard when I saw the goddess sitting pleasantly on her throne, smiling kindly at me with her owl-like eyes, her light brown hair straight as it fell down to her shoulders, which were tanned a golden brown.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was just a spur-of-the-moment thing. I'm not entirely sure where it's headed ...