Status: Finisheed && Loved !

Ever Since The Day You Left My Fate's Been Set Unknown

One & Only

The day was shiny. It all seemed so perfect for everyone around her helping with all the needed things. The bridesmaid arrived with the so called perfect wedding dress. She should have felt happy but her heart wasn’t. She didn’t want to get married against her own will. But why she was doing this? She was free for choosing whoever she wanted to get married to. However the one she thought her family would approve wasn’t that perfect for them.

“Emily, you look gorgeous!” her mother exclaimed with tears showing up in her brown eyes. She wanted this more than anything. She knew that marrying her daughter with Baker’s son Zachary he will bring a lot of money and more stability for little Emily.

Emily and Zachary were friends when they were little. Back in the day they were best friends until they went to high school. They shared everything and liked each other very much. Zachary never loved anyone the way he loved Emily. He was like her and liked the same things she liked. He knew all her ins and outs but sooner or later she was going to get sick and tired of him being such a good guy with her.

And the truth was that she never was into all good guys. Emily liked the bad and crazy guys. She did like Zachary but not as a boyfriend. They never dated. She never wanted, or tried. She knew someone else will be the one. Her heart said so. Everyone says follow to your heart, right? She so followed her heart.

She was 17 when she met James Sullivan, well no one actually called him like that; he was called Jimmy. She learned what was misbehaving and not following the same old boring daily routine. He was caring and crazy. Two things that aren’t commonly mixed or combined in any possible way, but this guy was different from any other she had ever met. He had that little something that made her go head over heels.

Emily faked a little smile as her assistant put some mascara on her big eye-lashes. She wasn’t happy. She never was since the day her parents told her she couldn’t see Jimmy any more.

Em and Jimmy fought against everything but this time love couldn’t win. Emily’s mom sent her away to London where Zachary also moved after graduating from high-school. She had no choice and with time she learned to care about Zack. She was eighteen when she went to London and years don’t go by just because. Emily was now twenty-five and Zack twenty-six. He knew that love was what he felt for her and he was sure that she was the one he should marry. So these two got engaged before even realizing love wasn’t setting their destiny. After a couple of months Zachary discovered another girl and began cheating on Emily. She never realized that, though she also kept some kind of contact with Jimmy.
The ironic thing about this whole story is that Emily’s best friend was Zachary’s mistress and the bridesmaid. Carolina loved him though he was engaged. She knew it wasn’t the right thing but doing the right thing led her to this life.

“Emily smile! You’re marrying an amazing guy!” Carolina said and fixed her hair. “I know I am…” Emily whispered.

One thing disturbed Em’s heart. Jimmy told her she wasn’t going to let her go that easily. He had a plan but she didn’t tell Emily what was it or when he was going to carry it out.
“Aw my little girl.” Her mother said with nostalgia in between her words. “Mom, I’m only getting married, I’m still your child.” She said mad and annoyed by anyone there. She wanted to leave that place, to disappear and fade into Jimmy’s arms. She wanted to go back to warm Southern California.

Emily sent everyone out of the room so she could get into the dress and prepare mentally for the big step she was about to take. She wanted to find a place to escape to. She wanted to quit reality and leave all the things she was pressured to commit. She put on the big dress and took a look in the large mirror. The woman standing there wasn’t her… someone else just took Emily’s place.

-You have to do this for your family- she said to herself and breathed deeply. Someone knocked the door. Emily went to open it and there she was her friend handing her the roses’ bouquet. “Here, hmm… you’re mom says that the limo is already here so you may go down.” Carolina said with sorrow. Deep inside her soul, she didn’t want Emily marrying Zacky, but she had to support her best friend. “Yeah… Ok… I’m going.” Emily said with a sad face and the spark she always had had was gone, fading away each minute the wedding came closer. “Thanks for being here.” Em said and hugged Carolina.

The two girls got out of the elevator and Emily saw her mother and dad standing in the hotel’s reception. Her dad ran fastly to see her baby girl. “You look pretty.” He said trying to find any other good thing to say. “Thanks.” She answered coldly and then walked to the black limo standing out there. She looked beautiful. She surely did; the only thing missing was the smile she always had. “Let’s go, it’s your big day, so enjoy it.” He said and hugged her tightly. “I will try.” she said sincerely and walked to the car hearing the clacking of her heels. She slid into the leather seats and hoped for the best. Miracles happened every day, every minute, why wouldn’t one happen to her that day?

The city was summed up into darkness. Zack decided to get married at the night. She didn’t care about it. She was in the car with all the family and her friends, the few she had made here.

The streetlamps lighten up the beautiful city and the big church there. “We’re here!” Carolina exclaimed with fake emotion that was able to be felt. “Yes we are.” Em said and tasted the bittersweet moment. “So see you inside.” Carolina said and walked out the car and walked in the church seeing her loved one standing there with a black tuxedo. When she passed by him, he smiled weakly and with a tad of remorse.

Emily walked out the car and the wedding march began was played. Everyone in there stood up while they saw one of the prettiest brides waling in with her father. Zack was happy but felt guilty for doing this to Carolina. She looked devastated in the inside but smiling in the outside.

Emily arrived next to Zachary and the priest just blessed the arrival.
After many minutes the old priest was ready to end and announce the new couple but something happened. The silent church was now invaded by a well known song, at least for Emily.

Every breath you take and every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take, I'll be watching you
Every single day and every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay, I'll be watching you
Oh can't you see you belong to me?
How my poor heart aches with every step you take
Every move you make and every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake, I'll be watching you
Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace
I dream at night
I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby please

Oh can't you see you belong to me?
How my poor heart aches with every step you take
Every move you make
And every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake, I'll be watching you

Suddenly she let go Zack’s hand and looked to the big door. That song could only mean that Jimmy was there. It was their song. No one could do what Jimmy did that night. He wasn’t wearing any fancy suit just his old ripped pants and a normal shirt with his used converse shoes. “Yes.” She mouthed and saw how Jimmy approached more and more to her.

“I can’t let you go this easily Emily.” he said and took Emily from her waist lifting her in the air and kissing her soft petal lips. She couldn’t resist any longer for this so waited moment. She kissed her only and first love like the first time they did. “WHAT THE HELL!?” Zachary said confused than ever. Everyone didn’t know what was going on. “Thanks Jimmy.” She said and kissed his cheek hugging him again. “I love you, I told you, you’re only mine.” He said. “Sorry, Zack. But I guess that you didn’t want this either.” Jimmy added and Zack felt relieved as well as Carolina.

“Sorry mom, sorry dad.” Em said and Jimmy ran with Emily to the exit.
Together forever they were always meant to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
;) I loved writing this ;D