Status: short story

My First Kiss

Chapter 2

*6 months later*

“What are you doing here?” I yelled to Joe. We had broken up 4 months ago and I was miserable, I didn’t come out of my room for more than going to school and getting food.
Joe was standing outside my window begging me to come down, but I knew that if I did I would take him in a heartbeat if he asked me.

“Just please come down I need to show you something.” He begged.

“Joe I can’t… I just can’t.” I sighed. “Just show me from here.”
He lifted the arm of his shirt to reveal his shoulder and right on it was a white piece of cloth. He lifted the cloth to reveal and red splotch.

“Joe what is it I can’t see.” I squinted my eyes to try and see it but still I couldn’t. He started to climb up towards me. He lifted the sleeve again, once he was standing in front of me. The red splotch was a tattoo. It was a medium sized red heart with an arrow through it. In the middle of my heart in big black letters, was m name. I gasped, “Its... it’s for me?”

“Yeah it is. I got it because no matter how many times you break up with me, or break my heart, you will always, always own it.” He gave me a slight smile and turned around to leave, but I grabbed his arm and spun him around.

“Joe you know that no matter how much I love you I just can’t bring myself to take you back. What you did broke my heart. Going out and cheating on me just to get revenge was not forgivable. I think that, if anything, we can get back together in maybe a couple of months if I feel that it’s the right thing to do. Only then will we talk about getting back together. Okay?”

“Yeah, I can understand that. I’m sorry, again. If that helps at all. I have to get going; I’ll see you some other time.” He climbed down the railings and started walking towards his house, walking away from me for maybe my whole life. Suddenly the door slammed open, “You need to get out of this house right now!” My sister yelled. I just looked at her, giving her the eye. “What happened? What’s wrong?” she walked over to where I was standing and brought me over to the bed. As soon as we sat down I burst into tears, resting my head on her shoulders as she rubbed my back.

“He… he came over, and he showed me something. He got a… a tattoo for me!” I sobbed harder at this.

“Oh sweetie, I’m sorry.”

“I’m so confused right now. I just don’t know what to do.”

“I know that you must be so conflicted right now but I have some advice if you’re willing to listen.” She paused and then continued, “You and Joe have known each other for only 2 years, but you are his best friend and you can’t throw all that away for something like this, and I know it’s not something small that he did but you need to forgive him for the sake of your friendship. You two were meant for each other, I can feel it and so can everyone else who knows you can.” She let go of me and stood up, walking over to the door. “Just think that over.” And boy did I, I sat for hours thinking of those few sentences she had said. Finally, I came to a conclusion, one I was not ready to tell anyone just yet.

*Another 6 months later*

“Love you.” I whispered.

“Love you too sweetie.” He mumbled. I was at the beach lying on my towel, trying to get a tan.

“I just love the beach.” He said, turning to face me. I smiled at him and nodded my head. “I can’t wait until we do this with our own kids.”

“Who says I’m having a kid with you?”

“Umm I do, duh.”

“We have to get married before we start thinking about kids.” I scoffed. I heard him shuffle around before he spoke.

“Marry me then.” He spoke seriously.

“What?!” I screeched, sitting up.

“Marry me.” He didn’t pull out a ring or anything special; he just looked me straight in face and asked.

“Well… well of course!” I screamed, causing everyone around us to look at me. “Joe just proposed… and I said yes!!” We stood up and he grabbed me around the waist spinning me around.

“I love you!” he yelled.

“I love you too!” I kissed him sweetly and felt the sparks fly between us. He was my first, my last, and my only kiss and it would always be just as great as the first one.
♠ ♠ ♠
again short but its the last chapter so hope you liked it

xoxo wild one