‹ Prequel: Falling
Status: So, you've probably been wondering where I've been..I lost the next chapter I had written up and I suck at rewriting things. So I've been desperately searching for it. Sorry!

Your Tragic Fate

Chapter Twenty-Six.

Chapter Twenty-Six.

Daryk’s P.O.V

Next Day :


A shiver went down my spine as the cold breeze touched my face and I breathed in the scent of the city. I stepped onto the side walk and merged into the crowds of people walking through time square. I pulled my hood quickly over my head and dug my hands into my pockets in an attempt to stop the cold air from nipping at my skin. This thin hoodie was not the best thing to wear in the middle of winter. I let the crowd take me, not paying attention to where I was going, but I wasn’t really worried about that either. A vibrate from my pocket startled me some time later.

Where are you? Mom’s worried. – Damien.

I went for a walk – Daryk.


I finally looked around at my surroundings. The crowd was less dense but there were still a few people walking the streets. There were a few stores along the street but no big shot ones. Directly in front of me was a music shop. The name on the front said Fiction. I walked in and the doorbell dinged. A girl my age popped out from behind a shelf and glanced at me.

“Hello! Welcome to Fiction! Feel free to look around,” She said before disappearing back behind the shelf. Looking around the walls I noticed something. Avenged Sevenfold was covering the walls, literally. There were lyric banners up in places, different arrangements of posters were hanging around. I saw a few of different bands like Papa Roach, Disturbed, Bring Me The Horizon, and some others but it’s main focus was on Avenged Sevenfold. This made me laugh hysterically. I bent over to catch my breath. The girl popped up next to me.

“Are you okay?” She asked. I nodded taking in deep breaths. “Why are you laughing exactly?”

“This store is an Avenged Sevenfold shrine!” I said trying to hold in my laugh. “Look at the walls!”
Her arms folded together and she glared at me. This girl had dark red hair and she was short. So she just looked hilarious when she was angry.

“I’m not normally rude to customers but, do you have a problem with Avenged Sevenfold?” She asked. That just made me laugh more. When I got control of myself, I held out my hand to her.

“Hi, I’m Daryk Baker and no, I do not have a problem with Avenged Sevenfold,” I said grinning at her. Her eyes went wide and I thought she was going to start bowing to me.

“No fucking way!!! Seriously?! I can’t believe it! This is like amazing! You have NO fucking idea! Wait! I have to show you something!”

She screamed and grabbed my arm and dragged me to the back to the store. We entered into an area filled with couches and chairs. Thinking of it this store was more like a house made into a store. My jaw dropped and tears came to my eyes. On the wall where all the couches were facing was a huge banner of Jimmy, Brian, and Johnny hugging. The one that was the backdrop for the concerts after Jimmy died. I looked at the girl and she was grinning.

“It’s wonderful,” I muttered.

“A lot of the kids around here were beat up about Jimmy’s death so we thought it would be a nice thing to remember him by,” She
said.

“It’s amazing, I forget sometimes how much he meant to the world, Owen would love this,” I said smiling. “Can I bring him here next
week? It’s his birthday, and this would be a great present,”

“Of course,” She said smiling at me. My pocket vibrated at the same time the front bell dinged. “I’ll be right back,” I nodded in
response. I took out my phone.

Hours ago! When are you coming back? – Damien

Soon, just calm down – Daryk.
I walked over to the banner and touched my heart before touching Jimmy. I then walked to the front of
the store. The red haired girl was talking to the customer. I stood at the counter and looked through some picks. I chose one that said foREVer on it and one that said FICTION. The red haired girl came up to the counter.

“I’ll come back tomorrow, my mom’s worried so I have to go,” I smiled at her. She nodded as she cashed me out. I walked out before I remembered I didn’t know her name.

“What’s your name?” I asked.

“Callie,” She said grinning. I walked out the door then looked around me. I had no idea how to get back to the hotel. I shook my head. I walked back into the store.

“Callie?” I called. She looked up from the counter.

“How do I get back to Times Square? And where am I? I don’t even know how I got here,” I said sheepishly. She smiled.

“Well right now your on W 14 St, to get to Times Square, you take a right outside this door then take another right on 6th Avenue which is this street right here, you keep going up 6th until you that a slight left on Broadway, Stay on Broadway and you’ll find what
your looking for, I warn you it’s a 40 minute walk,” She said.

“Thanks; see you soon,” I said leaving and following her directions. She was right. About 40 minutes later I came up to our hotel. I went up to the room only to be tackled by my mother.

“Thank heavens you’re okay!” She said.

“Mom? I’m fine, I don’t know why you’re worrying so much,” I said.

“I know, but it’s in me to worry about you,” She smiled. I shook my head.

“Anyway, what are we doing tonight?” I asked.

“We’re going out to dinner at Becco, this Italian restaurant down the street,” She said.

“Do I have to dress up?” I asked.

“Not in a tux, but formal casual, dress shirt and pants should be fine,” She said smiling.

“Okay, I’m going to get in the shower,” I said. After my shower, I put gel in my hair and fixed it to be slightly messy. I put on a blue dress shirt and black pants. I walked out into the living room area to see everyone dressed up. Damien had on a black shirt with black pants and Lexie had on a black spaghetti strap dress, if you knew she was pregnant you could see the bump that her dress was hiding. I walked over next to them.

“Well don’t you two look nice,” I smiled.

“Not too bad your self,” Lexie said grinning.

“Thanks,” I said looking over at my mom. I pointed to my outfit, she nodded approvingly. My looked Damien and he looked at me, we
both smiled then looked at Lexie.

“Well Miss. Haner,” I began.

“We would like to be your escorts for the evening,” Damien finished. We both held out our arms for her. She blushed and smiled.

“Well I would love that,” She wrapped her arm in ours and we walked into the hallway. Our parents followed behind us.

To be honest, I had a good time. Alex and Tricia invited some old clients of there’s, Honor Bright, apparently Lexie was in love with them. They cracked jokes and made me smile. Lexie was gushing and Damien was happy because she was so happy. I really wish I make Owen that happy. I wondered what he was doing. He didn’t text me today, but then again I didn’t text him either. I sighed quietly, so quiet I knew no one else heard it. All of a sudden Lexie’s voice was in my ear.

“What’s the matter?” She asked.

“Nothing,” I said giving her a bright smile. She gave me a pointed look.

“You know, we never spend any time together anymore,” She said.

“I know, we’ve been too busy,” I said nodding.

“Tomorrow, we’re going to spend all day together,” She said grinning excitedly. It was a definite. I had no choice about it, not that I had any problem with it anyway. I smiled as I looked at my family. I was happy to be here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually thought this one was long enough.
There will definitely be an update next week.

Read This Story : Sink Into Me
Thanks to Dallas Green for her comment.

Song: Shoot It Out - Ten Years (Stephanie's FAVORITE song!!!)

Jimmy Backdrop in FICTION :
Image

Callie:

Image

Comment!!!